Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Grey123

I have had eir for the past two years and it’s fine for me, especially in the room where we have no aerial wire.

However I understand that it’s linked to having eir internet. I’m coming to the end of a two year internet deal and would normally shop around but I’m wanting to stick with eir tv.

Am I correct that I need eir internet for eir tv?

What are people paying for eir internet, particularly those who have renewed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Phone eir on 1901 and ask for their loyalty dept. Do your research on competitor offerings, so that you can show them you know the cost of the alternatives. If you state that you are happy to commit to another 12 months, I find eir willing to renew discounts. I have renewed for several years and they always give me TV for €9.99pm, including free Amazon Prime Video, and mobile Sim-only unlimited 5G for €9.99pm. This brings the cost of the total bundle to €50.97, including TV & Mobile. This is very competitive, given that their basic broadband offering for new customers, without TV or mobile is €34.99pm. However, you need to make the call - preferably 30 days before the end of your contract - you can't renew these discounts online. They do have "cost-of-living" increases that kick in every April - but if you time your renewal right, you can minimize their impact - and most of the other providers have them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭JDxtra

For anyone curious, the Eir TV app works abroad (EU) including casting to a TV. Some channels are blocked (BBC for example), but the RTE, Virgin, C4, Discovery range of channels are fine.

For comparison, Virgin TV Anywhere appears to allow streaming of all channels but casting of only the Virgin channels (same as in Ireland). Now TV works fine also for streaming on a device and casting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 sumach

Eir have just added Great tv, Great movies & Great romance channels. A welcome addition to the epg.

Advertisement