Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 C8 40TDI replacement brake pads and discs

• 08-08-2024 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Car is 5 years old at this stage, have always got it serviced at main dealer (Yeah I know, stealers before people say it :D)

Car has 110,000km and still on original pads/discs.

Warning light came up saying to replace pads, it's definitely the front and the rear aint far behind I'd say.

Asked for price for main dealer and they quoted €700 for front discs/pads and €500 for rears.

I'm nearly sure I seen online fixed prices on the Audi site a year or two ago where total price was less than 1k, looks like they have removed all references to prices online.

Anyway, reckon I'll go to my local guy to get them done, never any issues with him when had older cars. Will probably start going to him for other jobs on the car too seeing at its 5 years old.

So wondering what are peoples thoughts on which brand to use for discs/pads that would be of equal or better quality than the originals? (Don’t think Audi do oem but not sure what they use)

Also, what ballpark figure you reckon a non main dealer would charge for these parts plus labour?

Comments

Advertisement