Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely and sunny this late morning/afternoon in Galway city, after earlier showers.

Wind spoiling it biggggggg time though. Should feel much warmer than it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another nice morning in Dublin. Out for a stroll on the coast and very pleasant, very nice run of weather here last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Beautiful warm day! 21c partly cloudy humid. all windows open

Post edited by wazzzledazzle on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Pleasant morning in Lucan, warm and dry, sunshine, but as always, a strong breeze. Overcast now, though, unfortunately.

Yesterday evening was nice after 6 pm, the sun finally came out and the wind died down.

Seems impossible to have a full good day here at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very pleasant at the moment 17C. Sunshine with plenty of cloud. Trying to catch up in the garden. Flowers took a battering on Thursday. Grass is far to wet to cut.

Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

I take it back, roasting now here in NCD, I did have to change my outfit😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yellow warning for tomorrow and Sunday. If it has to rain, I'd love to have the heavy, thundery downpour over that constant drizzly sh1te.

Lovely day in Cork right now 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yellow nationwide Warning has been issued but maybe a possible orange warnings for one or two counties not out of the question

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Two weeks in the southeast of England. Two weeks of perfect weather apart from one thundery (nearly supercell) weather event and one morning of rain.

Irish weather is bad at the best of times but the past 18 months have really lowered the bar. It was amazing just to sit out in the evening, or not have to wear the jumper constantly. We have got used to it being even worse than normal lately at home.

I was only thinking the other day it's amazing how an hours flight can make such a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Absolutely fantastic summers day in south Dublin, warmest here of the year so far with a high of 25.4C on my station. Nearly died doing my long run this morning as the sea breeze hadn't kicked in yet and it was tough for running as a result. Cold cider now to help ease the aches and pains and cool me down.

Hope the weather is better in Paris tonight than last night for the relay final, looks to be pretty hot conditions. Good luck to the ladies!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely day in Kerry, 19.4 short time ago, breezy earlier but has eased off, refreshing if anything out on a walk early aternoon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Had drizzde for the start of Malahide Parkrun for less than 5 mins. By the finish it was gorgeous day and the whole afternoon since back in Meath. Earlier breeze has settled..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

It’s actually a beautiful day here in NW Donegal, blue skies and warm, only the wind spoiling it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a beautiful day here in Meath, sunshine all day and 22C, it should be the same again tomorrow and Monday. Easily the best weekend of the summer. The warm weather should last till Tuesday or Wednesday.

This warm spell will make this August alone certainly better than anything we got August 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It turned into a lovely evening in Lucan after the cloudy early afternoon. And the strong breeze settled down a bit too.

Will it really be nice this side on Monday? The rain warning includes the whole country. It would be great to have a run of a few nice days for the first time in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭pureza

Still almost 23c here in Arklow at 7pm

Proper Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Ah thanks. such a wonderful day to be out and great to see the farmers cutting the silage from early. Out walking near Ardfert and Fenit.

Pic taken from a hill ( 46m ) in Listrim near Ardfert that was said to be the site of a hillfort reputed to being the birthplace of St Brendan. Great that the farmer lets access through a stile across the fields, the peace and quiet in the warm breeze was to savour. Some fields of arable crops ripening nicely.

Am I seeing things lol Dublin 22c at 4am Monday morning, if this happens that will be the highest temperature on Monday at 4am and not only that we may have a tropical night in store too , the heavy rain and thunderstorms will cool the air shortly after this, also if this does pull off will this be the highest minimum temperature on record, I must look it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It won't be a minimum if the temp drops after the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Superb conditions for the Streets of Galway 8k road race. Very enjoyable event.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

That tree and wall remind me of that scene at the end of Shawshank Redemption where Morgan Freeman finds the clues left by Tim Robbins. Lovely photo.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Marvellous. Summery at long last.

Golden hour in Balheary near Swords, Dublin this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

It's nice to see the two trees were let grow in the middle of a vast field of blowing barley. This country really has the most beautiful scenery in the world that we often take for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'm up in Reykjavik again at the moment and strangely, the weather has been in sync with Ireland, when I was living here last year, we often had opposite weather, meaning it was generally good here. I arrived on Thursday and it was grey skies much like Ireland but cool rather than warm while yesterday and today had long spells of sunshine. Today was a lovely surprise as it was forecast to be cool and cloudy but felt warmer than any other day. Tomorrow was supposed to be better than today but I'm not sure I trust that after today not going as expected. Unfortunately, it's downhill from Monday much like Ireland (same low pressure system even). I enjoyed seeing the contrast between summer and winter (which is when I was last here), the pictures below show this nicely, the first picture was taken at 3:48pm on December 1st last year while the second one was taken today at 8:25pm from the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stunning blue skies again this morning in North Dublin. August really has been lovely here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭OldRio

Disappointing cloud and wind yesterday. Cloudy start today. 12C.

Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Beautiful start to the day. Blue skies, 19c. Going to be very warm today

Advertisement