Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Mayo Gaeltacht ...Aifrean Gaeilge ar de domhnach.

• 11-08-2024 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi..up on me holliers in erris and the kids are insisting on an Irish mass on Sunday.. The gaeltacht up here seems to be well demarcated, but I can't seem to find a seipeal where ma's is through irish on a Sunday..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RockOrBog

I'm from the area, no mass in Irish around here, it's a Gaeltacht in name only. All the priests are from other non Gaeltacht areas, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭G-Man

Thank you.. We are on erris and really like it.. Never made it to maas anyhow, but thanks replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

That's náireach ar fad. From listening to RnaG, there seems to be neart gaeilge i Eachléim, Ceathrú Thaidhg, srl. Folk talk with a native blas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭G-Man

My daughter spent two weeks out at colaiste uisce.. Great program of irish and water sports. They went to mass on sunday, but it was english speaking, perhaps the RnaG was a special.

Advertisement