Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I was at event in one of fair Dun Laoghaoire's less salubrious watering holes on Thursday. I won't name in case this is a one-off, but 4 or 5 (ok, 7) pints of their porter has me going through the eye of a needle the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Sounds like it was Beamish from the local Spoons there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Not speaking ill of it at all. I’m a big fan actually, might even prefer it to Guinness these days. Will drink a gallon of each without any complaint. Nicer out of a can as well.

All stout leads to horrific farts and tarry shítes. That’s why those continental style shïtters aren’t worth a fúck here in Ireland. Designed for lads having a tapa and a glass of beer, not 12 pints and a Supermacs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭galwayguy85

Found myself in a very tight bind at the parent-in-laws' gaff a few months back. Dropped off at least two or three lobsters into the pot… the kind of ones that bring equal amounts of anxiety and then relief.

My relief was shored-lived though when one of them turned out to be too long (and I guess straight) to go down the toilet. Pretty dense as well. Several flushes were attempted, also the water came up pretty high up as well during my futile attempts to hide the goods. My heart was palpitating. Her folks are OSD about cleanliness!

Had to get creative and use one of these cheap containers of shower gel (y'know, the ones that look much like a tube of toothpaste) to break it in half. Mission accomplished! I still had to confront the moral conflict of washing the waste of off the end of it and then putting it back on shelf. The lesser of two evils, I tell myself.

I haven't been able to admire myself in the their bathroom mirror ever since (cos the invites to pay a visit have stopped coming).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

On what grounds? Do you work for the vintners?

Getting change from a fiver for a, decent, pint of Beamish is a wonderful experience. Not even the soulless interior and shopping centre style toilets can take away from it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭galwayguy85

On another occasion, where explaining to the host that things have gone a 'code brown' (in terms of evacuating the facilities in a timely fashion) would've only have made for extreme awkwardness, I used an expired debit/credit card from my wallet to increase the surface area to volume ratio of 'Meatloaf's Daughter'.

In layman's terms, cutting it in half! Kind of like parting the Nile (but in reverse).

Because I think Tim Martin in an arsehole, and I don't want to give him any of my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Headed up to Skerries yesterday and had a beautiful crab salad. Slight maritime whiff to my movement this morning. All good apart from that. Good start to the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Probably was a crab claw looking up at you from the top of the 'load'.

Bit bound myself over the weekend, dropped a knotty load like a blown packet of Hafners jumbos on Thursday and

haven't moved since. Staying close to facilities in case of 'uncontained blowout."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Slideways

Jesus Bren, that’s a dire situation to be in.

You’ll be needing a harbour master and two tugs to move that bad boy out its berth when it does eventually come in for mooring.

Appreciate your concern Mr S… might be time for the liquid paraffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Had the BBQ going on Saturday night so had a feast of sausage and burgers. Paid for it this morning when I thought I was squeezing out boulders. Still feeling it but on the brighter side feeling nice and light.

Have you tried reading a chapter of Bob’s Geldof’s autobiography while listening to some Glen Hansard? Heard they use that as a last line treatment in Vincent’s before having to go with a “manual extraction”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus, talk about the cure being worse than the illness. That's horrendous.

Farting like a belt fed mortar,but no stir Bobby.

I'd say it was a bad tempered day in Chez Bendar. You sitting inside on the couch tipping away at a few cans and cursing as your bet in the 4.30 in Kempton was beaten by a head (watching on the dodgy box the lad down the local set you up with). The odd sonorous fart and the scratching sound of you tearing at your cluster through your M&S Easy Stretch flannel trousers. Regular visits to the "under the stairs" to squeeze out a few drops of vinegary piss.

Tin of pears and a pint of prune juice for you at this stage. Maybe lay off the Greggs Sausage Rolls they now have in Dunnes. Get some green veg and brown bread into your diet.

Thick cúnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,138 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When all else fails, manual disimpaction is the only way. Man up.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement

Indeed Emmet, it just goes to show how much the average Irish punter is being ripped a new one on a daily basis by Diageo, Heineken Ireland, VFI and LVA. Bunch of canutes the lot of them.

"High cost of doing business in Ireland" my arse.

A lot of damage was done in the first couple of days on holiday though, the youngfella bought a metre wide inflatable hoop thing for the swimming pool, I could have done with a far smaller version to sit on. Jesus. I always thought that my usual fibre and beer rich diet would prevent trouble in the end effector, but only a couple of days out of my normal routine and with bad TP (the real issue here) there was "Bob Dylan's Blood On The Tracks" - so I hit the prunes and dried apricots at breakfast time

Even if it's now effortless (almost too much so, can't trust a fart) the daily double deuceing is not helpful. Prunes are now on pause, will probably stick with a bit of melon as an entree for the fry though.

Long day on a coach tour tomorrow so it'll be "low residue diet" - sausages, scrambled egg and hoping for the best. Astronaut's breakfast in effect.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

One of the many cultural differences BD.

I was in a Zara here the other day and in the gentlemen's department there's nothing above a Large.

Also there's probably a good reason why the locals only go shopping late at night, merely a gentle stroll around the place had me sweating like the metaphorical paedophile in a Barney suit at a communion. There are better ways to spend one's time on holiday that's for sure.

Hope you haven't proven to be "sailing too close to the wind" as it were.

Ah now BD you're a reasonable man, this is one of this forum's most frequent/valued (delete as applicable) contributors you're talking about in such an uncouth fashion. When all is not going well chez Orifice BD you might well be in need of a bit of understanding and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Imagine the amount of meetings, and the total Wingnuts involved, that it took to come up with the name SmartOne for this yoke. You need to finger the thing for 5 minutes to get any sort of decent amount of paper -and not quality paper at that. Kernts every one of them.

Good news at last….. was on a good walk and felt a bit of ‘sputtering’ in the nethers.

Kept going holding on the clutch till she was ‘shovel ready’ into a local ale house and pumped out a foohking

barrel shaped log as thick as a pint glass.

Felt champion walking home after that ………. all good in the ‘hood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Feel bad about bringing the tone down but Katie Price's latest escapade has seen her photographed lying down after some lad has "tipped the cart" on her.

Foul human being. And the lad that shunted one out on her needs looked about.

Advertisement