Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Mucker46

No Sunday tickets this year, except maybe for locals

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TisGiller

I'm travelling down with a campervan attendee, I also have a campervan ticket [came as a package, when buying general entry tickets] which gains me early access on the Thursday. From reading here a good few posts back, wayfinding can be a bit all over the shop on Thursday due to the site not being fully set up. Can anyone advise would it be an issue getting from the campervan area to the ECO with a trolley full of camping gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

correct. No matter what posh camping you’re in, you still need to go through one of the gates to get into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I don’t think you will have any issues in doing this, as long as you ensure to get wristbanded with the camper, so from that sense you’re free then to come and go (re-entry) from car parks into campsites as normal.

Setup is a little different this year so I can’t say for sure what’s happening at the “campervan” gate, in previous years this gate wasn’t open to the public?

The site not being setup won’t be an issue for the route you’re taking, I think the biggest risk is security not knowing how to handle you, pawning you off to another gate.

I did an almost identical route in 2022, parked in green, enter via paint ball gate, then absolute Cnut of a journey, 1km along a dusty, trolley wrecking path, the reverse route of pinkmoon/moonlight meadows ppl will be doing.

As I said already, if they’ll let you, try to walk down the Abbeyleix Road to the Abbeyleix gate (yellow) rather than via the forest path! (Blue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭TenPicnics

Map is up now on the app (android).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TisGiller

Lovely stuff @Fatfrog , thanks for the heads up. I'll keep all of that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Been a while since camped at PM, but might want to take a walk into the village to pick up some things on the Friday.

After getting wristband, can I exit and reenter at the Railway gate? Should the stretch along the road be walkable into the village?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Usually make that trip a couple of times over the weekend. You can exit at Railway gate (it's signposted as the way to town), but usually you will not be let back in that way, it's back to main entry.

It's a good 15-20 mins walk from arena to town, 20-25 coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Going down on Friday around 9am. From looking at it I might try Park in blue carpark and camp in poets. We went down later on the Friday last time and made go to red carpark and most of camping was gone so went to the back part of poets. Was some trek. Can you generally get to park where you want or told where to go. Poets was peaceful enough. Happy with this. Bar the couple of hair of the dog cans early doors, the campsite won't be for partying for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Free access to the Vip deck, free Ice cream, free tea/coffee and refrehments also access to side of the 3 stage for anyone 3, just noticed it now in the app, you need to download the 3+ app. The upstairs of the deck is a nice place to chill for a bit and take in the view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Thanks will check it out, did the side of the stage thingy last year, you’re behind the speakers, so you can’t hear what’s being played or any vocals, but gives a nice behind the scenes view!

Post edited by Fatfrog on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eoinyeo

I was at this very Coachella, he closed the main stage on the Saturday, he had his own section on the poster saying "returning to the desert"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭thebronze14

You just need to have the 3+ app is it or download something inside the app. Missus has it but I don't. Hopefully can tag along in 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Philip Martha Aqua Biscuits.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

One of those ‘after the headliner’ sets that EP does, Orbital after The Cure, etc. Harris not a Coachella headliner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eoinyeo

He was meant to be 11:30 to 1am, but they spent ages setting up the front horizontal screen after Blackpink. Didn't come on until just after midnight, went around 10 mins over the 1am in the end. Very interesting to see if they do that screen for EP or just throw him up anywhere. (have no idea what set up he had for Longitude)

He'll undoubtedly draw a big crowd but it's not for me. Lowest common-denominator stuff available. I caught him supporting The Chemical Brothers in Trafalgar Square 17/18 years ago and he was pretty decent. The footage of his live stuff I've seen since then is consistently headache-inducing but it'll go down well at EP 2024.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Chasing Abbey 2pm main stage on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dontwatchtrailers

What would be the chances of getting into the campervan area without having the wristband (assuming it's different)? One of my buddies is going to be in there so there's about 5 of us that are hoping to chill with him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wish Rachael Lavelle was playing this too, getting used to seeing her at festivals. It looks like I'm going to have to get a ticket for her gig in Galway on 31st October.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

At this moment no. I didn't bother with the loyalty and have turned down a couple of offers. The weather looks decent and work is flexible so I may decide on going midweek and pick up a late resale ticket but every time I look at that poster……..

There's more than enough to make a great weekend, almost entirely away from the main arena (bar Nas, Waterboys, NewDad, Lankum, Cardinals, Kylie & the Stanglers) but it's highly unlikely. I'll greatly miss the company of you guys so please have a blast for me and I hope to be back there someday if there's a change of curation.

Unless there's been a recent change there's no issue dropping in there. It's always been wide open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Hi all, do you know when stage times are released or am I looming in the the wrong place on the app.

First time going in years and I can't wait, hopefully weather stays as its supposed to for the predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Annani

stage times are usually released on Tuesday or Wednesday of picnic week.

some artists have their days and/or stage times on their own social media pages already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Thank you, I was wondering why I was seeing a few stage times but not all yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭dav09

Now that we have a (almost) full lineup stating the obvious, it does seem the standard has far fallen, particularly on the main stages/arenas over the past number of editions. However if you are open minded about music and are able to adapt to new sounds/trends, as an overall experience, it's not bad value for money overall. Especially when you factor in Croi, Trenchtown, Salty Dog, Jerry Fish, etc. Along with the fun of having a few cans in a field, the amazing setting, finding new acts, art, good pints, etc.

I do feel sorry for the long time supporters, those who enjoyed it in the years it struggled and helped keep it going, as there is defiantly a portion alienated now, for not much point either. Festivals evolve and change like anything, although I do think FR for the most part really don't have a clue what people in Ireland in the mid 20s like myself do really enjoy, I can really see the trendy-ness dying out as the lineup shifts more mainstream, this year and last year have had 0 friends going and once had a huge amount who were regulars for 4/5 years anyway before, had a few buy and sell their tickets, it won't keep selling out forever. I also think their strategy of keeping their best acts announcements until last minute is a poor strategy, we all like a surprise, but up until 4 weeks before I had a list of about 9 artists. Nice to have some surprises, but also nice to have lots to look forward to, especially when they released an initial poster as poor as it was.

Anyway hope everyone has a good time, be it your first or last. Lots of critically good music at it still to take a positive out of it. I've managed to surprisingly now come up with a long list of 35 acts, down from 45/50 a couple of years ago, although very few top tier anymore, I expect maybe a surprise or two to be added still potentially. But here's a narrowed shortlist of interesting acts albeit only about half I've seen before if you're looking for new acts to check out, probably missed a few but in order of who I'd like to see:

Nas (one of the best bookings EP has done in recent years), Flight Facilities, Cian Finn, Jytoy, The Blessed Madonna, Kasabian (excellent in Limerick in 2023), Faithless, Prozak, Peggy Gou, Post Punk Podge, DJ Seinfield, Revelation Sound, Rise Up Soundsystem, David Kitt/New Jackson, Skin on Skin, Ri Ra, Mohammad Syfkhan (seen him in Limerick recently, very different), Mik Pyro, Rob Rua, The Scratch, Jimmy Penguin, Cmat, Berlioz, Channel Tres.

As for one to avoid, Calvin Harris unfortunately. Seem him at Primavera last year, dreadful stuff got a very small crowd at it, and I actually like some of his older music. It all sounded them same it's hard to believe it's the same person as his Oxegen 2009 sets online, pretty sure he wasn't DJ'ing live, jumping around hands in the air co2 cannon stuff, awful unfortunately, maybe he'll do a better set at EP but wound't count on it. Also though J-hus was very poor at EP recently too.

There's probably plenty I left out, and music is subjective of course, but looking forward to another weekend hopefully this is a great one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Consistently great posts on here mate. Well in as usual.

• Advertisement

I swore to everything I hold precious I wasn't going to EP this year, especially on seeing that line-up. I'm going. Probably because I couldn't sell my Pink Moon booking, coupled with happily getting a weekend ticket via Toutless. Partly because an old pal has never been and insists on going. Partly because I know 2 others going who'll be on for hoovering up all the non-main stage music on offer. But I realise the overwhelming reason I'm going is I need to say Goodbye to the Picnic, didn't realise last time I was there that it could be the last time. Used to be up there with the best weekends of my year, for many years, once upon a time.

I'm going to buy EP 2024 merch, just nothing that has the line-up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭dav09

Thank you I appreciate it!

And I can totally understand @TenPicnics outlook as it's very difficult not to get caught up in the emotion of it, especially with that abomination of a first announcement, I think moving it this year really affected it. It's unusually my only proper 3 day festival of the year so really hoping this year is a good one, glad it has actually not got a bad lineup overall as it was very grim looking for a very long time, I still think FR need a huge rethink on a good couple of things. Thought last year might be a final time for me but had such a blast it was a no-brainer to come back again, it is what you make of it really, you'd never know what the future may be.

Post edited by dav09 on

3rd of 4 festivals for me this year. Think in a couple years when he's really really wrecked it we might look back on even 2024 positively.

I've been going to ATN since that magical 1st go in 2018, when it really looked like it could be a much smaller, not quite perfect (but truly excellent vibe) alternative to the Picnic, and for ages I've thought EP was well and truly gone from my head, if not my heart. But I know now, without a doubt I'll get the most massive thrill, and possibly get a bit emotional, when I walk in to EP in just a few days time after a long absence. No denying it, it is THE best location and festival Ireland has ever had, and it certainly was and could still be our own mini-Glastonbury. If it's definitely my last time this time, I'm going to enjoy the parting weekend as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭rounders

Guys, looking at the map on the app. Any tips for getting to the yellow car park. Always in Red and it's a trek.

Could I say I'm heading to the family car park and say my friend has my tickets so I can't show my family ticket?

Or am I overthinking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

There is no specific wristband for campervans normally (one year they tried to do something with them though). The campervan ticket is just to get the van in the field. Many people don't travel with the van, for example I'm planning to bring my van on Wednesday and then the rest of my gang will join me later.

It does say that campervan attendees get early access but I'm not sure how that will work out given not everyone arrives with the camper and that some vans will have multiple occupants but only one campervan ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭fourmations

Ok, weather is looking good, 6 good friends in an 8 man in pink moon, getting a private minibus so will (hopefully) be dropped at paintball for easy access to pink, I get the gripes about the lineup, its is very much me in the dissapointed contingent around here, where's the mid tier indie? But all said and done I'm getting excited for it, for me it's the escape from the rat race with long term friends and the missus, we have more much fun hanging out with each other, so there you go.. I'm brushing off the negativety, I'm looking forward to it, I'll have a blast, always do! I'll see whoever has not jumped ship at Salty for TCM, perfect start to the weekend, Enjoy all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Reded

Arrived in stradbally today!! Everything taking shape nicely - ground in good shape, albeit a few soft patches! If any of you have any questions about the site do let me know and I’ll do my best to answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭fourmations

Well, you'll need getting the "can I get away with runners/trainers/sneakers from me, I'm a ten year attendee and this is the most important thing for me!! Hate hiking boots and fck wellies, runners all day 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KerryM9

Anyone selling 1 early bird ticket at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Davysulls86

Well, I know when I'm going to be taking a shite now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LaoisBlowIn

Just realised no more Oscar Wilde campsite! Sickening as that's where we've camped every time we've been. Looking at the map next best for us is Janis Joplin. On the plus side its closer to the showers and Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭rubick

It would appear to be EP Week. Most of the washing all done, just need to pay the M50 Toll and have a couple of cans on Wednesday night. Would be good if we had the stage times but EP has only been in existence for 20 odd years, you can't expect things like this to happen over a couple of decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Three more sleeps!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Apparently Rankin's Wood is significantly bigger than previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Kepler21

Its generally decided on where you are coming from. If you arrive from the Carlow direction up the N80, you'll probably be in Yellow; anything coming from the M7 north of Stradbally and you will likely be in Red. Trying to take short cuts through back roads usually ends up in being turned back because the roads are closed.

I wore runners last night - all grand! None of that heavy rain hit here last night couple of light showers early evening and the forecast is generally good! There’s a bit of mud where there has been some heavy traffic but generally it’s in good shape!

Will Check that out today - map looks bigger but will go for a ramble

Any Family Camping peeps on 'ere? Last couple years parking for these wristbands has been next to the cricket pitch in centre of the town. Piece of cake, ran like clockwork.

Website now saying however, that family camping is back at the GAA grounds as it was ten years ago or so ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement