Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Well given what’s looking to be a multi million dollar investment this could tank before it even gets off the ground - and that’s before the inevitable tank if it does get off the ground.

if any of this is true, and I take @backwardsmam point above that the article is a mess in its construction, they could be left owing money or at least having their share of interest in this venture reduced to just a few percent .

I reckon all of this started when Meaghan hooked up with that PR company so favoured with A listers (can’t remember its name now) - they drummed up this “big idea” but no one thought that such a venture needs to be built on a strong foundation ie an excellent brand - Meaghan doesn’t have that- her brand is tainted and absolutely no one is interested in what she has to say - meantime, everyone makes money except H&M

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭backwards_man

I did some google-ing and apparently Netflix did a collaboration with Lush on Briderton. Not clear if it was led by Lush or Netflix. Seems Lush has partnered with them on a few series but presumably Lush and Netflix make the money on it and not the producers of Bridgerton. Who knows. Regardless its still a far cry from what is being proposed for ARO.

https://www.licenseglobal.com/beauty-cosmetics/bridgerton-inspired-box-coming-to-lush

• Registered Users Posts: 13,197 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Addmitittedly I didn't watch all their recent interview, a segment of it came up on my feed so curiosity got me!

When the interviewer asks M about her history with suicide, as discussed in the Oprah interview, M drops 2 vague statements.

About not wanting another person not to be believed (like her, we would assume) or another person to have plans made (in terms of physical planning for a suicide like her again I guess).

This seems to be M's m.o.

Drop a few sensational crumbs for people to pick up on and try put 2 + 2 together.

Like when she dropped hints about the 'racist' but would not come out and say who said what.

Just enough information to get headlines without fully committing to the facts.

It reminds me of primary school when we went around teasing 'I know something you don't know'.

To thine own self be true

Will be interesting to see just how much coverage the BBC and or Channel 4 will have of this and their take on it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13731549/Harry-Meghan-used-political-pawns-Colombia.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭maebee

There shouldn't be any coverage of it. They are just private citizens who, by their own admission, want to live a private life. It seems to me like they're trying to run an alternate royal life/family. Crazy.

• Advertisement

a very dodgy country to pick and the government people inviting them are not exactly upstanding citizens - a highly unusual trip to say the least - at least the dodgy characters the Queen met through the years were forced upon her by the government of the day - these twerps have no excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭valoren

Meghan claimed to have barely scratched the surface of her experience with suicide ideation. That was 5 years ago. I get that mental health is not linear but if one has barely scratched the surface in that time then you wonder was there any healing process at all. The opportunity, to relay some actual details for the audience as opposed to it all being another grandiose announcement of support for bereaved parents followed by no follow through (e.g. 40 x 40), was dis(missed).

The “barely scratched the surface” of her experience, given their history, could understandably be seen as another threat towards the Royal family i.e. you can't ignore us, just wait until the memoir folks, any takers? Give us IPP and paid security and it's "swords down".

It could also be Meghan minimising something that would obviously be very traumatic but since she and Harry know it all wasn’t nearly as dire as it was painted 3 years ago she doesn't go into any actual details. The gist of what happened was that she was getting bad press, felt suicidal, went to HR, got fobbed off and that was that. I'd agree with the crumbs approach as an M.O. The irony then of these two positing themselves as first responders.

We never get any context and (to speculate using the fact that a bullying investigation occured and they are known to spin and twist narratives) it could have been a situation where Meghan did meet with HR but the meeting was explicitly for staff reporting their behaviour but when faced with explaining why this was happening she came up with the suicide ideation/bad press line of reasoning. Again, since we only hear one side we will never know.

It was odd and jarring that when Meghan was asked about her own experience re suicide ideation that she made a point of making it about being believed while her husband sat opposite in that disengaged/would rather be anywhere else expression he frequently sports these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He's a twat, he basically told her to suck it up for the night when she felt really bad mentally, but when his brother broke his chain or necklace or whatever it was and his head ended up in a dog bowl, who did he ring?

I took it to mean that she hadn't scratched the surface in terms of telling the deets to us mere mortals 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Meghan doesn't do details, just veiled comments hinting at something juicy.

• Advertisement

That's exactly my point. It's a horrible trait in a person.

It always indicates a sh1t stirrer.

This absolutely. And it's so toxic.

She thought she was highlighting major issues with the RF in the Orpah interview and that the whole world would come down on her side. All they did was expose both of them as whiny, petty and untrustworthy. It completely backfired on them. Everything that has happened since - the book, the evidence in the court cases, the lies, the fake awards, Ingriftus antics, the fake tours, the naming of Catherine and Charles in Scobies book, all of it has brought most people down on the side of the RF and common sense. We now know what the RF was dealing with. A-listers want nothing to do with these two publicly. And they will fall even further after the tumbleweeds next year from Netflix and ARO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Meghan strikes me as the sort of girl who, on a night out, winds people up into fighting and then steps back…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭Karppi

They will be able to cut out the middle man. Direct from the warehouse….

I do wonder if there might be some staged "incident", along the lines of (no pun intended!) the "near catastrophic car chase" in Manhattan back in the day. All in support of Harry's IPP status court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

The South Africa trip was where her complaining was absolutely indefensible. We've all had days where you feel unduly sorry for yourself, particularly when hormonal, but snap right out of it when you hear people genuinely struggling.

That she was meeting people in desperate poverty and then griping on TV about knowing asking if she was OK just highlighted what an absolute mé Féiner she is.

Given its Columbia I don’t think they’ll have to “stage” anything 🤪

Dear oh dear….To lose one chief of staff is ….

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13736795/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markles-chief-staff-quits-three-months-tour-Colombia.html

Can you imagine what it must be like to try to work with the dynamic duo? <Shudders>

I’d love to give it a go - a career break experience 😀

I’d love to know what the key issues are.

Is it over work? Unrealistic demands? Indecision? Constantly changing priorities? Or is it more simply personality based ? You can put processes in place to deal with prioritisation, decision making etc but very difficult to address if it’s down to personality.

The RF, compared to these two, have a breath and depth of experience and a whole army of helpers to implement whatever projects are decided upon.

These two have feic all in comparison - they’re dealing with multiple organisations, they have multiple projects albeit they never seem to launch with any degree of success or indeed launch at all (where’s my jam???🤪)

I think they need to step back and prioritise what they think they’re capable of achieving- they’re running from one good cause idea to the next, achieving very little from a brand perspective and in the meantime probably leaking millions of dollars in the process.

Fine if they learn from their mistakes but they don’t appear to be doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,534 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'd prefer to have a gap on my CV . "chief of staff" sounds so pompous for a couple of B listers, all I can think of is eeew

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They can't learn from their mistakes because they literally think they don't make any. It's always someone else's fault. They will keep doing these weird faux royal tours that people around them say is a bad choice and the staff will keep quitting but they still won't listen.

It's become obvious over the past few years that Harry's previous image was carefully cultivated by the royal family's press machine, to the extent that even Meghan bought in to it, at first anyway. Now he's been jetisoned and they both are free falling into ridicule and obscurity. I highly doubt that this is what either of them expected, but that's just because they are both so stupid that they thought that Meghan would be the new princess Diana and they would be a parallel royal family. They really are the new Edward and Wallis, it's actually uncanny, except that they somehow have managed to be more of a failure than them because they are being shunned by anyone remotely influential or famous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's hilarious how they feel unsafe in the UK but can travel to countries with high rates of crime without batting an eyelid.

I watched a RF TV series recently where Charles as a young man, went to visit Ed and Simpson in Paris - he noted in his diaries that it was a depressing atmosphere and couldn’t wait to leave- butlers and staff dressed as if they were working in Buckingham palace.

Leaving the outfits aside, you’re correct- H&M are simply “playing” being royal - there is a playbook developed by Ed and Simpson and it’s not a good one, and while their activities are a bit different, the results in terms of public perception are very similar

Please apply for the open position and tell us all what it is really like 😄

They are juggling far too many 'projects' to be effective at any considering they work 1 hr per week on Archewell. Even with James Holt presumably doing some of the heavy lifting it is too much for a whole team of people.

Neither of them have had any experience in operating at this level. You need to be very organised, motivated and a good collaborator to drive any single one of these projects forward. It just makes them look foolish and like amateurs. It's why nothing ever progresses further than the initial announcement.

Its a soap opera that never stops giving. Can't wait for the articles next week from Colombia.

I reckon the first place the likes of the daily mail will target next week will be a running commentary on who they are photographed with in Columbia and just what criminal behaviour those people are suspected of or accused of committing - I can just imagine the number of sleazballs that will be dying to be photographed with “royalty” to legitimise their public image and downplay any accusations laid against them.

I’d be very surprised if H&M weren’t taken for a complete ride on this trip by “party officials” - you don’t get to stay in 5 star hotels and have your trip paid for by the Colombian government without some sort of payback at the end

The RF aren't innovators, they follow archaic rules and have a team of advisors. They're not rolling up their sleeves and spearheading campaigns, personally reaching out to bring others on board etc. The dogsbody work is done for them, they're just the public face that brings attention to the cause or initiative and, crucially, they don't need to make money from this to maintain their lifestyles.

A disgruntled royal and an actress aren't going to build up a celebrity empire from scratch. Their USP was their titles and spilling the beans on royal gossip - a never before glimpse behind the scenes, at that the best they came up with was snide accusations, a dog bowl and bracelet scuffle with William, print private texts from Crygate, tell us that neither of them knew how to make a phonecard and that Harry thought of his mother when putting cream on his frostbitten penis.

The jam, wine and dog biscuits sum it up, all fluff and PR, no tangible result.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

A really good read is “Traitor King” by Andrew Lownie. It is a meticulously researched and gripping account of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. So many parallels and intersections to H&M

BTW, is Beth Herlihy still working for that pair? Just wondering and kinda asking for a friend.

• Advertisement

Advertisement