Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

stunning day in cork city yesterday, about 24 degrees and that glorious blue skies. Drove down to west cork, still blue skies, dropped to about 21 with a cooler breeze but still amazing. Dull grey misty weather this morning but just cloud now, slight wind and a “heavy” feel to the atmosphere, wind warmer then yesterday about 21 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Casement 24 degrees at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Thunder87

Landed back in Dublin earlier after a week of unbroken sunshine in the Med, immediately after deactivating flight mode I get a "Severe Weather Notification" from my weather app for heavy rain later!

Can't really comment on what the month has been like so far but the day I left (last Sunday) was miserable with low cloud and drizzle. This afternoon is mostly cloudy with a chilly breeze but warm enough when sheltered from the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Via @carlowweather on X

"Weather warning upgraded to Orange now for Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo from midnight tonight to 4am Monday"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

So near yet so far. Celbridge right now is so warm but so dull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭boetstark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Overcast and warm morning to start in Carlingford and then blue skies broke through at midday. Beautiful.

Navan dull now this evening.......what's imminent.....

22⁰ Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another absolute stunning day here in NCD.

So nice for everyone when the good weather falls on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It remained overcast all evening in Celbridge and raindrops arriving now. A very warm but disappointing day here after a promising start this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Beautiful today and very warm in NCD .

Just had the start of torrential rain there st 8 o'c ..some warning with clouds but the glass of wine dulled the urgency !

Decamped inside now , but happy that we finally got a good weekend dry with nice warm sun shine 🍹

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Taken from twitter can’t post tweets any more since the update

Official SYNOP sites which recorded their warmest day of the year thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Toasty overnight? Drops off after 4am back to 15/16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ironically both Casement and Dublin Airport are only 19°c now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

The rain has just arrived so I'd day that accounts for the drop in temperature which I'm glad of, last night was roasting trying to sleep, nice cool air coming into the house now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭highdef

What's the irony of that? Apologies in advance if I missed something earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Because it's forecast to be warmer at 4am than it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭highdef

Ahhhhh, got ya but I don't think that's irony as the forecasted temperatures are what are expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

9pm

Belmullet 20 degrees

Finner 20

Newport 20

Shannon 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Lovely day in North Donegal, nicer than yesterday, and can feel the warmth in the air today. Only complaint is the wind which has not let up much in the last few weeks.

Overall I don't think this summer has been that bad, no prolonged spell of hot sunny weather, but quite a few fairly decent days, so will take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Oh to get a run of 5-6 days of today's weather

As we look out on tonight's lightning show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Wow proper storm in Galway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

High of 22.8C and still 19.3C here in Kerry

An invasion of bugs and insects around the house tonight at every window, had to shut them all, very warm in the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Amazing lightning display in Galway. Both fork and sheet with no rain yet. Warm too.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭pad199207

22°c here in Kildare at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Thunder87

Nice warm humid night in Dublin, 19C with over 90% humidity and totally calm, nights where you can comfortably sit out in shorts and t-shirt after midnight are such a rarity in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Humidity tonight is insane. Been sweating like hell all night and sinuses fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Casement was the warmest place yesterday with 24.3 degrees. Phoenix Park, Mullingar and Shannon all got to around 23.

Blue skies in North Dublin here again this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭OldRio

A bright start to the day. 13C and some sunshine following a very warm and spectacular night. (Oh my)

Glad we got the lawns cut yesterday.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Rained for about half an hour at 5am, extremely warm night. Didn't dip below 17c i think. Looks like being another nice warm day anyway. Currently 17c N Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

wore a T-shirt this morning heading to work for the first time this summer. Hope the weather is better in the capital than it is in the mid west where I am now because it’s very cloudy here and almost threatening rain.

Advertisement