Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion Spring/Summer 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We had a few rumbles of thunder and a couple of flashes of lightning in the past 15 minutes. Hopefully it's the pre show before the main event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Starting to kick off here in East Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,435 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lightning and thunder in SW donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Also caught some interesting "dragon" like cloud formations at the front while it was passing

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭robclay26

I can see that lightning from Delvin in Westmeath!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭squonk

looks like a cell is forming around Newcastle west. Hoping to get some action out if it if it makes it across tge Shannon!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ros4Sam24

Last 20 mins has been a good appetiser in the north midlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Serious show in Ballinasloe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭OldRio

Numerous strikes and thunder around Fenagh to Mohill area in Leitrim. The sky is really lighting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Can see it here from carrick even after the rain the air is still warm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Starting to hear rumbles North of Athlone. She's coming up the river

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Frequent lightning over the Irish Sea at the moment but more distant/shrouded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Crazy yellow flashes over the Burren now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭pureza

See that all evening also from down here in Arklow,it's quite frequent

There are a few tiny showers to drift up overnight in the east that might make some noise but miniscule compared to what will cross north leinster/Ulster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I just took a look out my bedroom window to make sure I closed the sheds and a big fork in the sky scared the bejeesus out of me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lots of lightning here in east Sligo the last while and some distant rumbles of thunder. Met map looks crazy with all the lightning!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Storm moving towards us here near Ardfert outside Tralee. The trough line and frontal line showing up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Saz_ie

Unbelievable thunder and lightning over shannon at the moment - causing some issues for arriving aircraft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Can hear constant distant rumbles to my East in Galway city east now. I see a blast of it due probably slightly to the east in the next half hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Yeah lots of lightning from Galway City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Just back from Portrane Beach. Cracking storm just beyond Lambay Island producing spectacular lighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That is some show going on looking South over the Burren now towards Shannon, massive forks and happening so frequently, worth missing the Meteor shower for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Models are all over the place tonight for rain etc. dont know what to believe until it happens. Temp going up here in waterford city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Saz_ie

Haven't seen anything like it in years! And at night to boot - a night storm is something special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Jets orbiting Shannon unable to land due storm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Lots of if IC activity Athenry, caught a nice crawler on video. Torrential rain now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

I'm about 10 minutes from Shannon. Havent seen lightning like that since I lived in Florida. Was about 1 second between flash and thunder there. Windows were rattled by one of them. Mad weather Ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

UPS 89 off the west coast asking to go right for about 40 miles to avoid weather ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Savage thunder and lightning in Ennis with the last 40 minutes. Flashes every 20 seconds at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I think we are lucky that so many of us are to have these thunderstorms 😍 the best for me here in carrick was August 14th 2022 during the evening , stay safe those that are viewing these storms , especially the dare devil's that go outside, I've seen yellow and white lightning so far , 19c currently

Advertisement