Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion Spring/Summer 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Dazler97

still distant lightning 🌩 to the south of me , charging my phone incase the power goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Not a spark in south Dublin.
    Are we likely to see anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Just west of Roscommon Town and I'm amazed at the frequency of the lightening. No thunder but flashes every 30 seconds lighting up the sky. Some spectacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭squonk

yeah that’s the direction I saw it too. Lines up with Gort from here so I’d say we saw the same thing. I just happened to come out at that time while it was ongoing. Very strange. It lined up with a bright light from a house in the distance here and I thought that might have been the source but obviously it wasn’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't think I have ever seen lightning as frequent and widespread as that. Spectacular display.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ros4Sam24

Is it ever going to move east @Dazler97 😩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

getting close to us now from the other side of the house

Jaysus no sleep tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭teddybones

another screen grab taken from the car in Limerick earlier. I am back home in east mayo (Kilmovee) now and the storm here now is epic. On the drive back there was lightning in the distance in every direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭odonopenmic

In North Kilkenny, about 200masl and have been watching lightning flashes on the horizon due west and north west for the last hour. The cloud tops must be some height

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Very heavy rain in west Galway now. Torrential. Still thunder and lightning.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Williamstown- Glenamaddy got absolutly blitzed there afew min ago. Power gone in some areas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Looking at the radar, could Galway get hit with a round 2 or maybe that might just fall as rain at this stage. Still flashing away outside and somewhat less frequent thunder. That’s one of the best storms in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Power just back on, that was amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

purple rain purple rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Kids said it was like being in France, finally got them settled with the excitement, I hear a couple more rumbles still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Ballaghaderreen just now...

i don't know 😕 depends on how quick it moves

That's the lightning I can see from my mams bedroom

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Huge storm with near constant lightning for a time and gunshot crackling thunder going through here outside Tralee with torrential rain flowing over the gutters. 18.3C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Ah sure you're only up the road from me. We were in Edmondstown house earlier and David Mc Savage was doing a joke about pedo priests when there was a sudden flash and massive roll of thunder.

Epic timing :)

Record so far.

Lots of CG's showing up, below chart from the last hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Just had a great show as it moved over Ballybunion. Lightning coming from all directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I think I speak for all on the east coast…. go fcuk yourselves 😂

Pics are great, hope you Westerners are enjoying it.

I'm afraid incase the main band of storms don't make it here in carrick still 19c but cooling down to 14c after 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ros4Sam24

Think it’s time to call it a night in North Ros, close but no cigar😔

• Registered Users Posts: 9 owen3371

Triple CG behind Derry, taken from lough foyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I think this could stay very active to about 0400h, spreading about 30-50 km further east, and will then weaken except perhaps in Donegal and western NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Appears to be further west than what was predicted for this timeframe.

Advertisement