Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,374 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just out of a meeting and we agreed our christmas holidays for 2024. Finishing up with a half day & the office lunch out on Friday 20th & back on Thursday January 2nd.

I'm going to keep the extra 2 days to come back on Monday 6th & have a full 2 week break off though. Did it in 2020 & 2021 & enjoyed the extra few days with the family. Holidays are likely to match the school holidays so will be nice to have some extra time with the kids.

16 days off work!! Result!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm the same, taking a full two weeks this year! I had a go live on Jan 2nd this year & it was hanging over me the whole Christmas & I felt I missed the run up to Christmas etc. Going to take the two weeks this year and just chill!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭BK5

Got the go ahead yesterday from upper management for funds for the staff Christmas Party so that's going ahead, we have been given a strict budget on it though. With costs so high now companies are watching everything a little bit more at the moment.

I'm off to Spain this afternoon with a few pals for the next 5 days so will see you all when I get back and hopefully there will be loads of festive posts to catch up on. Bye for now ❤️

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Andrew93

Done the exact same as you finish up half day on the 20th and not going back until the 6th. Took extended time off last year and it was SO worth it. Enjoy the trip @BK5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just booked tickets to a Pumpkin Patch…definitely a sign that the season is getting closer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

My daughter was in Edinburgh and brought me home a Christmas tree decoration from The Olde Christmas Shop, it’s a highland cow 😁.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh lovely! That's a great shop in Edinburgh. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

We are finishing up the 20th and back the 6th. A great break to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who's buying the crackers for our Christmas party? Link includes Christmas Decorations.

https://www.harrods.com/en-ie/shopping/christmas-decorations

• Advertisement

Tell you what folks, noticed some difference this morning when getting up for work at 5.30. Definitely visibly darker in the mornings now. Even when leaving the house at 6.15 it was a lot gloomier. Shorter days are in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

hello all, hope ye having a lovely Summer even though not much weather wise to be excited about! I’m finishing up my hols tomorrow so back to work Wednesday but was in London for a few days and of course had to visit Harrods Christmas shop….took a few snaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Mad to see the Waterford Crystal is the most expensive items. It's not even proper Waterford Crystal anymore. Just shows what the proper stuff from years ago would be worth today!

Hi All, just back last night and had a great time, first world problems and all but it was too hot 😄

I've been to the M50 Christmas shop loads of times and I think everything I've seen on pictures of the Harrod's shop can be got in the M50 shop, stock looks very similar anyway. Only thing you can't get is the teddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I was away since last Thursday and it was great to see so many unread threads when I logged in here last night. Once it gets to August, we start to see actual Christmas content creeping in, which is always welcome.

Yeah, I was actually starting to worry that we were in decline in here recently, its been incredibly quiet, with many regulars not posting much, I appreciate it was out of season & summer etc but even allowing for that thought it very quiet. Great to see some life start to creep back in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I know it goes quiet during the summer every year, but it'll be interesting to see the stats for this year as it does seem quieter than usual. The more people post, the more it encourages others to post though, so as we start to see more signs that Christmas is approaching, it should hopefully liven up around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Boards has been on the decline for years unfortunately and there's probably no sign of that stopping which is a shame. We can try keep the Christmas forum going anyway, I love it, especially in the autumn / winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been watching summer horror films jaws,jeepers creepers, night swim(its crap dont bother),friday the 13th etc. I watched The Lost Boys and remembered how when I first saw it I was so disappointed that Kiefer Sutherland was a 40 year old man by then and not the 21 year old from the film!

This might be common knowledge but Kiefer Sutherland was engaged to Julia Roberts and 3 days before the wedding she ran off with his friend Jason Patric(Micheal from The Lost Boys)!! Real life runaway bride. I only found out when I was looking up the film trivia. Breaking news from 33 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was in London last week for two days and went to Harrods with my youngest to try and get her teddy bear a friend and we stumbled across their Christmas shop

Great photos - stay away from after hours with those 😬

Just seen a few pics on Instagram of a shop in England like the Range and they have their Halloween stuff out and the Bah Humbugs are going mental.

"It's still Summer" and "it's more than 2 months to go" 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭derb12

delighted to see activity on this thread!
    I’ll be in London soon and will check out Harrods.

Last year I was in puglia, Italy in a town called Gallipoli and I came across the most amazing Christmas shop ever with really cute original pieces.
    https://www.instagram.com/itsasmallchristmasworld/?hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Jude13

Freaky, I didn’t see this post as I was posting on my phone for a change. I was there 7-8th August. The wreaths looked like normal ones but were 350-900!

Took loads more pics but the kids are in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll be in London before Xmas for one of the dart sessions in Ally Pally but I'll go in to Harrods for a 'look' just a look 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

received this email this morning….! It’s coming!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Advertisement