Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Cheung is listed as the Comms director for Trump's campaign so, in theory, unless there is a data security person [a ComReg] responsible for the safety of Trump campaign data, he should be the one to fall on his sword. A disgruntled staffer leaking data is not a hacker.

Will Trump risk asking for the prosecution of a leaker within his campaign as proof of the sinful act would be needed? If nothing happens and Trump lets it all fizzle out without some-one carrying the can for the alleged leak, it'll look like he's told more porkies "nothing to see here folks, move along now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,851 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump to advisors - what is going on? They are saying Harris has bigger crowd numbers than me?

Them - that's not true sir! You have amazing numbers. The biggest they've ever seen.

Trump - Yes, I think so too. But how do you explain the footage on the TV?

Them - Em..… they are doctoring the footage!

Trump - how do they do that?

Them - Em.... A.I. sir!

Trump - that must be it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭bog master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

of course it is he demands the attention.

Naturally if lying etc. was disqualifying Trump would not at all still be in the race but of course he knows that, so he’s looking for the engagement with obvious desperate bait.

Weird old man who still wishes he was rematching Biden again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It actually is. This man is 78 years old. Mind boggling.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭valoren

Anyone thinking the Harris crowds are AI generated must have the same intellectual capacity as the people who thought Biden couldn't have won in 2020 because no one showed up to his rallies and so this demonstrably meant that he had no support.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Allegations have surfaced in US and Israeli media that Trump has been "advised" by rich GOP supporters to get Miriam Adelson to change her donations to one PAC to another PAC. Adelson is the widow of Sheldon Adelson, a multibillionaire funder of the GOP.

According to media sources, incl the Times of Israel and Haaretz, Trump had one of his staffers, Natalie Harp, blitz Mrs Adelson with abusive texts accusing her of employing his republican rivals, targeting her over claims that her $100m “Preserve America” PAC was being run by “RINOs”.

Trump was close to both Adelsons for many years and gave Miriam the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2018.

Adelson, who with her family has a net worth currently calculated by Forbes as $27.5 billion had re-activated the Preserve America PAC after Nikki Haley dropped out of the presidential race and had already started spending large sums on pro-Trump ads in key swing states. The PAC is expected to spend as much as $100m in the run-up to the election, Politico reported in May. The value of Adelson’s personal contributions were unclear, although she was reported by Politico to be planning to spend as much as $90m for the PAC and wider Republican causes. Adelson's aides have apparently found that a long-time friend of Trump and Mar-A-Lago member encouraged the texts.

It's peculiar to Trump, reducing one's chance of coming out on top of the race, risking the cutting off of funds on the say-so of another person with a grudge against Mrs Adelson cos she's using her personal wealth on PAC's not liked by the O/P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

As mentioned in another thread given the bullshít he stated about his inauguration crowd size, he is at least being honest that anyone who would cheat about the size of a crowd would cheat in anything.

Same regarding waltz and horses, but they do post about it on various platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

In fairness there have been a few pretty cool clips of that from the Olympics dressage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

taking credit for the olympics now…

Says the guy with the fake tan, fake wealth, fake wife, fake hair, fake crowds, fake Christianity...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He is not well, like at all.

Campaign seems to be swirling around the gutter, and still under 3 months left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I'm enjoying the moment.

Lots of twists and turns in the next 84 days. After Brexit and 2016, I learned to enjoy every drop of an election when it feels like it's going well, because it could all end in tears.

I'd enjoy the next 3 months a lot more if I were certain of the outcome.

It certainly appears Harris is in the ascendency whereas he seems to be spiralling.

However, there were many times it appeared he was or should have been finished, but isn't, because 30% of the US population is thick/prejudiced/corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Oh, completely agree. That's why I'm enjoying each day instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭Rawr

…fake University, fake NFTs, fake slate of Electors, fake cure to COVID, fake book ghost-written by another person, fake TIME magazine cover framed at his golf courses, fake scores when he plays golf…..

(The list just goes on….)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's definitely still a lot of time for Trump's team to try and figure out a plan of attack that sticks, for Harris to find a way to mess it up (as much faith as I'd have in her to do well in three debates (if they all happen), I have less faith in the media to not start over-dramatising any small mistake to make it seem bigger than it is to make the election coverage more "exciting"), and for something completely unknown (AKA October Surprise) to come up, whether true or not.

Polls and odds are a relatively good (though inherently flawed) way of determine what way winds are shifting right at that moment in time, but as Trump himself well knows, there can be a lot of Stormy days in the run-up to the election.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The biggest challenge to that plan is Trump himself.

The required actions from the Trump campaign are actually quite simple - Make it about policy , make it about the Cost of living and Immigration and hammer those topics with details.

However , that requires Trump to set aside his anger , his rage , his "victimhood" and his need for revenge.

He simply hasn't shown any shred of evidence to suggest that he is capable of that.

Harris is going to get another bump later this week from the Convention and all the associated attention that brings , so there will be more polling next week showing the remaining Trump leads being wiped out or tightened significantly.

He will not react to that calmly or pragmatically.

Then we move into September where he is going to have a series of Court appearances that are almost certainly not going to go his way, which again will just enrage him further.

There is no one in the Trump camp that is capable of telling him to STFU and more importantly for him to listen to that and actually STFU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No doubt he'll also blame all the court appearances for why he's not campaigning as much, when really it looks like a big part of why he's struggling to hold rallies is because a) he hasn't fully paid back towns for previous rallies, and b) many towns are requesting payment up front for his rallies now.

It's likely also why he did his news thing at Mar-A-Lago, and when asked why he's not out campaigning said that he's been filming campaign ads at MAL the last few weeks, and has been calling into Fox & Friends etc.

I'm not saying he might not have some trepidation given the assassination attempt, it would only be natural if he did. But even if it is a factor, it's probably not the main factor, especially given how security will no doubt be ramped up to the absolute max given the failures of the Secret Service when the attempt was made on his life.

Staff/TV pundits/Twitter - Sir, make it about policy, immigration, the economy - stuff like that!

Trump -

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I think those things apply , certainly the suggestion is that his "engine trouble" last week in Montana were a smoke screen to avoid landing where his plane might have been seized due to unpaid bills supports the theory that he's running out of money.

The other possible reason for his lack of rallies is that the assassination attempt has really shaken him, a wholly natural reaction tbh and he is just super nervous about standing up on a stage out in the open.

He is saying that he will go back to rallies after the Democratic convention this week-end - Let's see if that happens and let's see what form those rallies take

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Stanley 1

And a fake dick, Stormy described it as short and stubby with a mushroom like shape.

Notably absent from Trump's...

Romney

Ryan

Bush etc etc etc

For what a pole is worth...

But anyway...

Here's a question...

If ALL polling for trump was this bad... So bad it couldn't be spun as "rigged", faced with the choice of running and being humiliated by Harris OR bowing out (for any number of reasons), which would he take?

Well you had fúckwitts including him going on about boycotting Starbucks for years regarding their Christmas coffee cups, so he knows who exactly he is targeting.

Not a coffee drinker, so can't speak to their products regarding taste or quality, but seems like a successful business, which is another thing that might be upsetting to him.

There is nothing that Trump wouldn't try to spin as "rigged" and there is a cohort who will believe him no matter what any evidence shows them to the contrary.

He'll stay in - He has no choice , the alternative is Jail and he knows it.

He'll stay in and try everything possible to cheat and steal his way to victory - I wouldn't put it past him to try to use the threat of violence from his acolytes as an attempt at leverage to stay out of jail.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There wasn't tremendous competition from other countries. It was just LA and Paris left in the bidding for 2024, and rather than drag things out and waste money on bidding process for two sets of games that nobody was bidding for they agreed between themselves to let Paris have 2024 as it was 100 years since their last Olympics. Then LA got 2028 with a bonus 4 years more than normal to prepare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

and there goes the cesspit even worse he's back

Advertisement