Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2024

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kahmen

Well to be host whit you I now people that are still125 on the last panel so the chances is all departdent on how many clas are run and how many people defer/don't take it

Just means that's a 171 people a head over you so it's just a wating game form now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 para_mayo

Got the letter today saying congrats im on the panel but about number 230... im guessing I can forget this dream?🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hope234

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Clarissa1a

Would it be fair to say if we make this panel we could be starting training in Sept 25 or is that unrealistic 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 junesummer

how many do they take in each college at any one time does anybody know? There’s 3 colleges so really depends on how many start at a time as to how quick the list will go down 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kilbeg3

Approx 30 people in a class. They were taking in two groups in each centre ( three centres) twice a year up to this year. This September they only called one group who haven't been given contracts yet as they have a funding shoetfall this year. So at best they would take in approx 180 in a year. Find out what your position is on the overall panel not just the competition panel and you might make a guess then when you might be called.

thank you so much for that info. How do I find out about the overall panel? Would that be a higher (worse) number than the competition panel?

Post edited by junesummer on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 accaber98

Don’t lose out hope you passed and that’s the main thing, there are people on the panel from last June campaign and ones from before still waiting. With the recruitment freeze being lifted too hopefully the new year will be back to full training capacity. Get working on you C licence ect while you have the time one less thing to focus on when you are actively a student.

I have the Full C👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 accaber98

I’ve not done it myself yet but you can email apply support apparently. Yeah it would be higher because you are kinda added to the left overs of all the panels before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chemicals404

Just a quick question

Just got onto the panel people and i placed in the top 50 this panel but my overall panel number is in the 230s

Does this 230s overall include active only or dormant aswell?

When do the previous panels expire ?

What would be the estimated wait time to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kitkat73

@Chemicals404. Congratulations on getting placed. I am sitting on the panel from last year and we haven't heard a peep as of yet with regards eoi's coming down the line but I CAN tell you that our panel is due to expire in November. We were informed ahead of your recruitment drive that the HSE can extend a panel for 1 year in certain circumstances but they gave no indication whether they will extend it or not come November. All we can do is wait and see I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 emmaphelan01

Hey everyone!!! Anyone who put forward an EOI and passed their fitness exam for Ballinsloe which is meant to commence on the 2nd of September… have you guys heard anything from the HSE??? Or do they always leave it so late to contact you weather you got a place or not :/ really need to know so I can I hand in my notice etc ….

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hope234

hi, your over all panel number is subject to change as candidates make themselves active as far as I’m aware .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xpxo010

Hi Emma , I emailed them to ask this same question and i got this as a response ..

“We are currently awaiting approval from the National Ambulance Service, we are unable to issue contracts until receipt of same. Please do not hand in your notice until you receive your contract.”

@xpxo010 hey! Yes I emailed them on the 14th also and got the same response… going to be a short timeframe now when we receive our contracts to when we will start :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 taramc95

hello. Anyone know whether next class intake is Jan or Feb 2025? Someone told me it is February

@taramc95 last year the start date was like the 22nd of January so might be the same this year.. there isn’t any way of knowing though until the EOIs are sent out which could be mid September time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 taramc95

thanks @emmaphelan01 appreciate the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 ew999

I recently passed my interview and I am 99 on the panel. Does anyone have an idea how long I could be waiting as this whole process is new to me and very confusing. 😅

To be host whit you no one can tell you as thare is currently a panel form last year eating to be cald up as well

Ok thanks. Fingers crossed it's not too long. 🤞

Just another question what is involved in the expression of interest part of it.

Contracts are out today for those starting on 2/9/24 in Ballinsloe.. congratulations to those who have received theirs 👏🏼👏🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sudocremegg

I could be wrong, but from what I remember you just accept the offer and then you have to get 3 written references.

Thanks for that. 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Breegemc

Hi just wondering have all contracts been sent out for starting in sept does anyone know

Advertisement