Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2024 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

Any other counties moving other than dublin? I'm top 10 meath. Heard nothing yet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7 magikalmysti

Anyone in Cork hear anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shiversred

Any movement in Wexford ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

it is 2018 since i did an interview, i passed but decided not to take the tole at the time. I think they were fairly simple questions. Preparation of work, a time when you felt challenged at work etc. the process is different this time as the interview was in person and the numerical reasoning was part of it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Anything from Sligo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 DeltaDan

FYI son got his interview date yesterday for the Irish competition

Can i ask Dublin or outside dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brod2024

@brod did u get a number for the irish one. I literally got nothing at all back from that one

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brod2024

Yes, I got a message in the publicjobs website with the number and saying that the next stage is the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Pisiaki

Hiya , no nothing yet . Whats your number ? Im in 140's dont have much of hope to reach interview stage .... do you know how long this competition will run for ? Im hoping that the next tco competition will run soon

.p

There were no numbers issued for the Irish stream, he submitted his form and never heard a thing back until the email giving an interview date for 2 weeks time

There were no order of merit numbers issued for the Irish competition, he submitted his form and never heard a thing back until the email giving an interview date for 2 weeks time.

Got email confirming order of merit for this competition saying next stage will be interview but he’s way down the list so won’t be reached for interview for a good while.

Cool ta. Yeah got the English numberalright but nothing for irish. I'm not dublin though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

got an email that for the stage 2 i retained my OOM. does that mean that's my position for the panel?

Thats weird lol . Like b4 an interview ?? They must mean that after u specified your location. I guess if u did not focus it down too much thst makes sense. I wonder if u did focus it down will your OOM go up .... pure guess I could be totally wrong in my interpretation there lol

You got an email for stage 2 ?

The interview was last Thursday and they got back to me this morning saying they are pleased to inform me that I reached the qualifying standard and the OOM from the stage 1 was "maintained" and that the clearance and assignments unit will be in contact.

It was OOM 26 in Dublin but they didn't give a number for stage 2. Just that the OOM was maintained

• Advertisement

Was this for irish competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ahyet

Passed the interview and kept the OOM from stage 1, so on a panel waiting now.

But at the bottom of the email theres 3 different departments seeking expressions of interest from candidates which I can apply for. Does anyone know if you'd be required to do another interview, or if a vacancy was there by the time it gets to me, that's where I'd be going?

Just the normal competition. Like Irish language or what?

Yes was this the reg co competition or the Irish language one ?

IIf this is the English comp they have seriously changed how they do things lol. Usually u would be in a big enough ( interview) batch in the case of dublin and then get a new OOM after the interview. I'm basing this on a few years ago tho. Is anything other than dublin moving yet I'm.guessing no ?

The message on public jobs says batch 1 or something. I never did this before so I don't know how it works. But like it was all in English I don't know anything about the Irish speaking thing

Which county was this for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

If your take the expression of interest, you'll be offered a position for that department pending they come around. Usually do at this early stages.

But if you turn down that position, you are off the panel. So just be careful.

So either pick one of the expression of interest departments and wait, won't be a 2nd interview either. Or else don't pick any and just want on panel for whatever comes next to you. Waiting game basically. But if a department you want is in the expression of interest, then go for that.

Again, the above is based on what way expression of interest worked previously before this panel. Persume it's still the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Mariahol

Does anyone know how to prepare for the capability framework for interview? Do you still use the STAR method? Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement