Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New electric shower issue

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭drury..

So whos idea was this change from power shower to instantaneous?

You say you know nothing about plumbing so you hardly made the request

I would have assumed plumber would simply swap like for like unless told otherwise , lot simpler for him

Maybe the sales pitch was instant hot water or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Absolutely no charge. His goal is safety and prevent deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

And here's the funny thing.I was told by an electrican in work that to change from a power shower to electric is a messy job so just get a power shower.

It was only after the job was done and I got home did I realise they fitted an electric shower at the same price quoted for a power shower.

When I spoke to the main fella the following morning ( It was 2 of his lads who fitted it ).he said it was miscommunication on his end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭drury..

Seems odd that they would go to that trouble

They knew to reconfigure the plumbing for instantaneous and proceeded with this additional work yet are so incompetent on the basic electrics needed for it

And you knew it was an instantaneous right away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I wouldn’t let whoever did this back in the house, get your money back, any push back from them threaten them that you will report them. After you get your money back then report them.

Only for your posting history I would think this is a wind up.

• Advertisement

Ye I'm going to push him tomorrow.Theres another little twist that I just found out

Plumber Who I contacted replaced an electric shower for me last year and his highly recommended for a couple people I know.

It turns out he got another company to fit the shower.He said originally he was sending a couple of his lads to do it but it was a different company.

I presume they share a lot of work between each other but I presume it's the out sourced company I need to chase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭XsApollo

the outsourced company?

Who did you pay to do the job and who issued the receipt? That’s who you chase.

I paid the fellas who.installed the shower.I thought they just worked for the fella who I rang and did work for me before.

Receipt issued by the outsourced plumbers

Advertisement