Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I now have back pain in the morning. No idea why. Joy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You might need a new mattress.

My TA is random bruises all over my legs, I've no idea what caused them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there a way to check? I'd have to ask the landlord so I'd need to be sure.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

A mattress should be changed every 10 years as they lose support.

Then you have to decide how firm you need it to be, what type - pocket sprung, memory foam etc. Then how much you want to spend. But if you're waking up with back, neck or hip pain it's usually a sign to change your mattress and/or pillows.

It's a minefield and TA in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You should also be flipping your mattress every couple of months. And don't forget to do it on alternate axes, otherwise you're just sleeping in the same two hollows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Really? I'd no idea that something so basic could be so complicated.

Alternate axes? How many are there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA I took a folded t-shirt off the top shelf of my wardrobe the other day to wear. Hadn't worn it in weeks so it's been up there a while under a load of other t-shirts. I unfold it and a wasp flies out heading directly for the open window 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Cheers mate, not pleasant at all tbh - had to go for emergency steak McCoy's and a Yorkie… so feeling a little better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA at drivers in a hurry. Driving around a very sharp bend not too far from home on Sunday and there is a car coming at me on my side of the road because he is overtaking a cyclist. On a blind bend! If I'd been going any faster, I was fecked, he was fecked, the cyclist was definitely fecked and the two cars behind him not much better. A potential 4 car, 1 bicycle collision because this fella couldn't wait to get around the cyclist another few seconds.

That's another TA, mine can't be flipped, just rotated. I won't make that mistake again when I change it.

If you flip it the top surface becomes the bottom, but the area near the headboard should also be alternated so it's near your feet.

At the risk of providing more TAs, can I ask one final question. Is there a way to tell single sided from double sided so I can know if I should flip and rotate or just rotate?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When a company claims to have tried to contact you, and they blatantly have done no such thing. Anyway, query resolved so it's fine. It is a TA of mine though.

I know there either was on mine when I bought it, or I was told in the shop. I'm not sure if it was on the packaging or the mattress itself. I'll look later if no one else can confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The vast majority of mattresses are flippable, it's generally only if there's a layer of memory foam that they'd be one-sided.

Also, if you have anything bigger than a double bed, enlist the help of a friend to flip it, otherwise you'll end up with an even sorer back...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're not ready to buy a new mattress, yet, try a mattress topper - they're heaven.

Also, re the axis, put the head part where the feet part was and the other way around, as well as turning it upside down. Back in the day (not sure if that's still the same) mattresses used to have a summer side and a winter side, they were usually marked as such - the winter side would have a warmer filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

TA 1 - it's too sodding warm!!!

TA 2 - I know I shouldn't complain as I want it to be not cold - but lads am a woman of a certain age and I'm usually warm!!!

TA 3 - getting cold sales calls from PrePay Power - when I've told them three times not to call!!!!! I get my lecky from them, but I'm good for the broadband and oil lads so kindly do one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Been doing a lot of driving on holiday here. If you go the speed limit on 80kph roads then you're guaranteed to have someone up your arse within a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

those ‘just eat’ adds on TV ad nauseam. And all the manky celebs they have in them promoting it….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its drivers like this who deserve to have dashcam footage of their drivers shared with the Guards, and actually be followed up on and fined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The turkeys that work for the government at Mygovid.ie.

They sent me two emails saying I needed to log into mygovid.ie no mention what it was about so thought it might be important - it wasn't and was a total waste of my time.

To get log into mygovid.ie I need to take my laptop in the car up the road and connect to the internet with my phone otherwise I can't get a txt msg auth code. I log in and they want me to upgrade my security with a new app. ffs its no bloody use to me on my phone anyway I still need to leave the house to get it to work!

Wake me up when it's all over.

had to listen to the last six or so minutes of live line, 😵‍💫 whilst waiting in a business….

It featured 4 people constantly talking over each other, about paying for plastic and paper bags in shops. you have an extremely experienced presenter in Duffy being paid €351,000 of taxpayers cash who has a mouth and a mute button for each caller but makes the most pathetic effort to regain order… “now come on x let y have a say”…when they don’t let y have a say and it all goes tits up, everyone talking he gives up and it’s unintelligible chaos. How or why that man is tolerated on the public airwaves and how or why he is compensated to that degree or any degree with public money is bizarre. There has to be a wind up merchant in RTÉ somewhere giggling to themselves.

Embarrassing…😵 he’s on around 29,250 a month gross and he can’t even moderate a discussion, on bags. 🤌🏻🤪

You may have the conversation set to RCS instead of SMS. RCS requires Internet. SMS only requires the mobile network. For some bizarre reason phones are defaulting to RCS (at least Android phones) which means both the sender and the receiver need Internet access. Also weird and dangerous if you are in an emergency and have mobile network but not Internet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TA 1. Wanted to sit a while and watch the world go by in a coffee shop earlier. Some tiny little fly yoke would not leave me in peace. I had to sit with my hand over my coffee, and trying to swat him away.

TA 2. A customer giving out to a staff member about the price of a hot chocolate. She didn't buy it in the end but seriously... As if the guy behind the counter in a chain coffee shop sets the prices. 🙄

When you are trying to enjoy your dinner but are getting the puppy dog sad begging eyes from the dog AND the cat.

On a certain pharmacy / beauty chain website, I see…..“Use code REWARDS16 for double Advantage Card points for Over 60s reward members - online only”

you can imagine the outrage if any pharmacy / beauty chain was to just reward say people in their 40’s, for no other reason than they are between say 40 & 49 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Grown adult men (usually 40-75) traipsing around the changing room of a gym or pool like Donald Duck bollock naked apart from a T-shirt (bonus point for a button down shirt)

It’s not the nudity that bothers me, it’s a changing room - it’s to be expected.

But ffs lads can ye not put a pair of jocks or something on first before ye go swanning around the place looking like a weird giant baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Could be something, could be nothing . . But I'd get the ol bloods done, Justin casey.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

Advertisement