Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭BK5

Had a lovely weekend, never left the house and got a few DIY jobs done. Sitting here with the family and have had a few beers before the slog of the working week starts tomorrow morning.

I'm not going to say it to them but with my birthday in December I have decided what they can get me for it 😘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hate fruits but this Christmas ill try a 'mince pie'

For a long time had it in my head it was 'mince meat' in them 😄

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I contemplated taking a spin out there with OH for a drive (about 45mins away) on Saturday but I was vetoed 🤣

Watched the film The Boat That Rocked last night, hadn't seen it in years. There is a part of it that takes place in Christmas, they decorate the boat and have a big dinner together. A lovely section of the movie that gave me the tingle ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,680 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm a white chocolate fan amd there wasn't enough of it on them.

We actually picked up a packet of them yesterday, I thought they were okay, not a patch on dark chocolate digestives. The wife and kids loved them though and polished them off pretty sharpish 😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The latest version is the Gold chocolate on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I got my first festive themed e-mail from Hobbycraft today. I get it in July every year, but it still always comes as a nice surprise.

I also saw a farm shop local to me, showing a clip during the week of the turkeys they are rearing for Christmas. They did say they're not taking orders until after Hallowe'en though.

Just shows have far in advance some people and businesses need to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Moved to the correct chat, I think 🤔

I see Jingle all the way was on Film 4 the other day, as was Miracle on 34th Street… kinda disappointed that E4 haven't kept up their monthly out of season Home Alone showing this year though… not that I'd ever watch it mind, purely tradition there for a few years!

I saw an ad on the telly for Balsam Hill Christmas in July tree sale.

Looked them up and they are makers of fancy artificial trees. Don't know if they are genuinely better quality trees or they just market themselves like the Brown Thomas of trees, has anyone on here ever bought one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I did, a good few years ago during a sale as they are pretty expensive. I’m very happy with it but think the same quality is probably available here at the same price if not a bit less. The one I bought is a pre-lit one and it’s lovely.

Beautiful tree @Cork Lass. Yes, some of the trees on their website were up around the thousand euro mark.

This weather is so bad we might as well get into the winter months so we can get the decorations up ha ha.

Oh and hard luck in the hurling today, great game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fantastic game! Although I can say that as a neutral, it must have been a tough watch otherwise.

The ref cracking his head open on yer man's helmet- oops! 😕

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Whyyyy did you tell me that!? Browsing trees now. 🎄

Ha ha happy shopping.

Even though they are having a sale you better have plenty in the wallet if buying from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Went in for a pint earlier and saw this ha

Balsam Hill are advertising on here now! 😅

Work mate was up the North today and she's just put a picture of pallets of Heroes, Celebrations and Quality Street in a shop on her Instagram page.

Home Alone, on Film 4 at 6.55pm today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They get good value out of these movie rights I’ll give them that

I'm thinking will I watch one tonight or wait until August!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

it was on last night as well. Milking it they are.

Great! Christmas, returns to TV screens this September

Get ready to set your TV planner’s festive friends, as Great! Christmas returns to our screens on Thursday 5th September 2024.

A Great! Christmas is right around the corner and we’re 100% ready for it!

Returning Thursday 5th of September – earlier than ever before, Great! Christmas will be showing feel-good seasonal films 24/7 and bringing non-stop festive cheer into homes all the way through to 7th January 2025.

You can enjoy more festive cheer as the channel will air a host of Christmas movies including A Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas and A Very British Christmas.

Plus t’is the season for special themes to make your weekends jolly, every Saturday and Sunday from 12-8pm from the fun Cooking up Christmas to Christmas Parties themes, we won’t be leaving the house anytime soon.

Temporarily replacing Great! Romance, the seasonal channel GREAT! Christmas will be available on Freeview 52, Sky 319, and Virgin 424 PLUS you’ll also be able to get your daily dose of magic also via the Great! Player too.

So if like us, you’re done with Summer and can’t wait to put up the tree, whip out the decorations and pour a big mulled wine then ensure your TV planners are set for September 5th.

^^^ Watching those Hallmark films from Sept 5th onwards would be like doing Groundhog Day 😄

• Advertisement

The John Lewis Christmas themes for 2024 are here….

For 2024, John Lewis reveals four stunning decorating themes – Dawn & Dusk, Sugar & Spice, Trinket & Treasure and Wisdom & Wonder. Check them out first here…

A first look at John Lewis’ four key Christmas themes for 2024 – and some top decoration ideas.

The most wonderful time of the year has officially begun with a plethora of UK brands giving us a deep dive into what festive gear will hit their shelves, we’re surely not the only ones who can’t wait to get the tree up and the decorations out?…

From Tesco and Asda’s food offerings, which look divine, to MatalanHomebase and Dobbie’s new Christmas baubles and decorations, it is time to ditch the swimwear and get the jumpers out!

Now the festivities have gone in full swing as John Lewis showcases its decorating trends. This is one to behold, from whimsical mushroom disco ornaments, traditional sock stockings, and a delightful set of 12 Days of Christmas baubles and its first soft pink Christmas tree.

What are John Lewis’ Four New Christmas Themes?

This festive season the UK retailer has announced four brand-new themes: Dawn & Dusk, Sugar & Spice, Trinket & Treasure and Wisdom & Wonder. Let’s explore each trend below plus a few highlights from the collection too.

Dawn & Dusk

Inspired by mystical winter woodlands, this rustic theme uses the classic colour palette of red and green is reimagined in grown up tones of burgundy and khaki, with velvet as a key texture.

Key highlights include this clip on red candle which give us a real nostalgic feeling!

Sungar & Spice

It’s all about retro nostalgia combined with maximalism to create a trend that is unapologetically fun and sure to bring a smile to any scrooge. Think PINK tree’s and AI curated decorations.

We’re loving the sparkle take on the below traditional Christmas stockings…

Trinket & Tresure

This theme exudes a distinct sense of warmth and is inspired by global travels, featuring charming embroidery details and felt textures that add a delightful handcrafted touch.

This star bauble gives us homemade vibes all day long!

Wisdom & Wonder

Imagine playful tree decorations, a glittery martini glass, and a bubblegum-blowing statue, all beautifully blending with elegant geometric and baroque patterns.

The colours and extra large garland will give any home that WOW factor.

Lisa Cherry, Head of Christmas at John Lewis said “This year, our Christmas themes celebrate the diverse spirit of Christmas and are inspired by a celebration of contrasts. Our four themes Sugar & Spice, Wisdom & Wonder, Dawn & Dusk and Trinket & Treasure have each been thoughtfully curated by our team of expert buyers and designers with the intention of bringing joy into the home this festive season. 

Alongside our themes, key trends for this Christmas will include playful supersized wreaths and oversized bows taking centre stage as we expect ‘doorscaping’ and playing with scale to be popular with our customers. 2024 sees the debut of our very first pink Christmas tree as part of Sugar & Spice, a colour we predict will be a big hit for the festive period.

I’m truly excited by everything John Lewis has to offer this festive season, let the Christmas countdown begin!”.

When will the John Lewis Christmas shop open?

The questions on everyone’s lips after seeing these gorgeous new themes and if last year is to go by we could see the JL festive shop open online around the end of August.

When will the John Lewis Christmas Adert 2024 come out?

There is currently no information about the JL Advert (don’t worry we’ll keep digging!) and we’ll keep you posted.

Advertisement