Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 16 (Plus, Pro Max and Pro)

• 13-08-2024 10:54am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Around 4 weeks away from announcement day for this years models.

What are we hoping to see? what model do you plan on getting?

Price guesses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It will be as exciting as the 13, 14 and 15, as in more of the same blandness. Slight increase in screen size and a camera spec increase. Everything else will be niche, marginal upgrades. We will also get a new washed out colour or two.

I reckon the price of the new phones will the same as the 15 if not a little less. No way they are increasing the price on a phone with a five year old design.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Summer2020

exactly, I stopped being interested in iPhone annual updates about 4 years ago. Incremental updates at this stage.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There are rumours of a new physical button beside the screen lock button for using the camera, which will feel like the shutter button on a DSLR where you can half-press to focus etc. Also talk that all models are getting the action button thing.

Other than that, same old story of minor upgrades to camera and screen.

I have a 12Pro, the 13, 14 and 15 weren't significant enough to be worth buying, my battery health is 81% so not sure I'll get another year out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭iniall

I was looking at upgrading from my 14 Pro to a 16, but if Apple Intelligence doesn't make it to the EU due to possible DMA non-compliance, then I don't really see the point…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

Same as me my iphone 12 pro max battery is 82%.

So going to buy the 16 pro max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Yeah, recently bought the 15 Pro so definitely won't be upgrading this year. I sent my 12 Pro to Apple for a new battery and my other half is using it now and it's perfect.

It will be interesting to see how much of the new IOS features will filter over to us, particularly the AI and other smarts which will be publicised again, to make people switch out their aging handsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭moggser

im gonna say congratulations you bought the same phone twice :) will i get one ?

yes ….yes i will because thats what i do and have been conditioned to so lol

na i just have the Apple system stuck in me now and refuse to change and anyone who says other wise is lying to themselves

i sell my one every year at that time to fund the next one , but it is a pain in the slice that they dont really make an effort any more apart from putting the price up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sorry but what are people expecting at this stage?

Smartphones are very mature now and you're not going to get revolutionary changes every year. This applies not just to Apple.

However, when you look at the gradual changes you see how different an iphone 11 is to a 15 but still people are not happy.

People keep finding looks and colours of phones very important and then go and slap a plastic case on it.

Key nowadays is software, and that's massive change in last 5 years and the next 5 years will be even bigger as AI possibilities take hold.

Advertisement