Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

1164165166167168170»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

Did anyone's Weetabix watch prize get stuck in customs. They are looking for an invoice before releasing it but nothing back from Weetabix yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Post edited by Kittykat67 on

anyone sending on prizes from cadbury do you have to forward on the email to get it to awork. When I copy the link it opens on the booking page but not the redeem page so there is a fee. I'm just sending on the email to the other person. Will that work for them. This is for Warwick castle tickets. Are they all the same issue.or do I book it under my details and just send them the tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,562 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just redeem the prize then send on the new prize code

I redeemed it and then it gave the code but when I forward the link to book the actual tickets it wasn't opening right. I've forwarded the email so hopefully it will work for

• Advertisement

anyone with Warwick Castle tickets in the comp i had to forward on the email and that worked for the other member

What link? When you redeem it did you not get an email with a redemption code to use on whichever site the prize is for?

yes I did that's what I'm saying. I didn't want to order it because I was giving it to some one else. So I clicked on redeem and it opened the booking page. I copied that link to the booking page and forwarded that to the other member so they could book for themselves. But when they click on that Link it doesn't open on the same page for them as it does from my email. It was a booking page but it was charging them full price to book. I forward then the email and it worked for them from that.

Maybe clicking all those options for sharing data allows them to forward on your email - I don't click them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭minibear

No. Mine arrived a few weeks ago. It comes in a much larger weetabix presentation box so you might be wondering why the parcel is bigger than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

Thanks, I got an email from DPD saying revenue needs an invoice of what's inside before releasing it. Weetabix take 5+ days to reply so looks like it will be returned to sender before then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Never … won …..anything …………..EVER …

😕

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭minibear

Ah that's awful. But just keep entering the competitions. My sister was always winning things and at the time I wasn't. But she was putting the work in entering every competition she saw.

I've won a lot of bits and pieces over the last few years. One Christmas I won two decent hampers and a 100 euro one4all. I really appreciated it. I've won smaller prizes and main prizes. The weetabix watch is probably the most expensive prize.

I've found since covid that Facebook and more recently Instagram are literally awash with competitions. You'd need to be spending quite a bit of time doing them really. A lot of them are for one4all vouchers. I never ever enter a competition unless it's something I want to win. I know someone who enters competitions for things she neither needs or could use but then she tries to get cash instead.

I've also become wary of prizes. For example I won a prize from a large company of a 'hamper' of their products plus merch. The prize arrived with five of their products. It was worth maybe 15 euro.

Thirty years ago my sister won a trip to Africa with a major confectionery company and she couldn't go so I got to go instead. The reps told us at the time that when they ran a competition they often had more prizes than entries. And if it's a large event with lots of prizes some entries might win smaller prizes first and then win the bigger ones later in the competition.

Just keep at it. If you're determined, get on to social media and search for the competitions and every time you sit down to relax, get to work. It's tedious but it does pay off. Eventually! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IRL086

******Gone to another poster!******

Well said minibear, everyone has the same chance when entering. I always check if winning is based on merit - best slogan, or even that Aldi one this summer where you have to upload a receipt for example. I don't mind putting time into those. I think you've an even better chance then.

Here's a chance for something nice greenspurs & all other posters: I've a free flight from Vodafone valid until end Jan 2025 which we can't use. You'd need to be happy to leave from Dublin for free (you have to add €100 for another airport)

I used one of these back in 2018 to visit Bulgaria (sadly not on the destinations this time) so it definitely works. You put in where and when you're interested in and they call back a 2-3 weeks later with about 5-7 precise options, take it or leave it. They'll give you a day or two to think it over and no hassle saying no to all options.

Adding a passenger is an option for €99(but let them call you with those precise flight options & check out the booking price yourself - in reality it was only about €50 for me to add someone. The voucher does not include check in luggage either, but its all fun!

Post edited by IRL086 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah keep tipping away. You'll bear fruit.

I'd echo what minibar said and keep an eye on big campaign competitions. The likes of the big companys are spending millions on sponsorship and in tune gets tickets and experiences out the ear to "competition" out or give to clients. The cadbury one for example, it's a pain that they're all UK prizes but the win rate will be high here.

Only last month I won an all expense trip to a big european festival with Coca Cola. We were talking to our chaperone one morning and our jaws dropped at the amount of tickets (and swag) he had.

I had a drawstring bag from Coca-Cola arrive in the post this morning, I won a few weeks ago on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭amerie2010

Missed a call from insight marketing anyone know if they ring back or just move on to next person. No message left from them and tried ringing back and no one is answering.

Hopefully they will call back . I have had a few calls from them and it was tayto Competition. Have u entered the daily 70 day Competition. Try again later they might answer.

Thank you, got through to the number on the website after several attempts and the guy took my name and number and is going to get someone to call me back. I've entered the Tayto competition so fingers crossed it may be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DontBanMe

I got a call from a Dublin number the week before last from Tayto, told me I'd won 50 bags of Tayto! Waiting for the delivery now to make the worlds biggest sandwich!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Was it an 01 number? I missed a call from 0126****4 earlier, I wonder was it a comp win 🤔

(I rang it back but no answer)

(01)55****2 was the number that rang me. Did you try googling the number it may show up where it was from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thank you, I did Google it and found nothing useful. Will try ringing back tomorrow 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,598 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Try putting those numbers into Tellows. I've found it handy sometimes.

https://ie.tellows.net/

Got a £15 discount voucher off a Visit Britain shop experience up for grabs, the sealife tickets are still available as well

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭louthuser

Fritzelly- I sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DontBanMe

Advertisement