Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

🤣🤣

OUCH …..
    Us crusty f88kers dont have a massive come down on the tuesday after it tho ….

🙃😣

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Fanirish

they wasn’t any stages empty, nearly all of them were programmed between 8-12 hour days.
    Now there was some bad programming in the sense that key stages were directly clashing on times and both were turning around for the next act in the same 30/45 minute window.
    the bandstand was booked solid from lunchtime till 1am and whenever I walked by there was either someone on it or setting up.
    Your request was the more and more traditional rock band tribute acts should be booked.
    As evidenced by previous years ATN wants its tribute acts to be “different” and only books a handful of them.
    I just don’t see ATN booking a door tribute or a Kurt cobain lookalike show.
    and personally if they add 4 or 5 of those rock tribute bands it’s lowest common denominator rubbish. Guys dressing up as Kurt cobain or Jim Morrison.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,674 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I find the "lowest common denominator" comment hilarious when looking at the top 6 billed for EP.

The Well was empty from 6,30 ish until there was a drag act/band (i think?) listed for 9.00 on Sunday ?

The Bandstand was empty at times also …
    Anyway, thats not the main point, the point is theres an audience there for that kind of stuff, and your attempts to belittle tribute acts as 'lookalikes' or 'dressing up' is pure rubbish and stinks of snobbery!

Your telling me that a band that learns how to play guitar, bass , drums and be able to sing like the original performer isnt as talented as a dj playing music files (simplified i know! but i know which one i think is more talented) ..

Anyway , it doesnt matter what i (we) think …..

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭gandalfio

They need to turn up the volume on the Bandstand. There were some cracking acts on at times, with little to no one attending. When walking from the campsite via Last City over to main arena, or from Arcadia to main area, you wouldn't know there was any music being played on the Bandstand unless you walked over right up close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Phishwax

A load of tribute acts is Tacky as ****. Keep at Ep etc

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭crl84

Feeback Form:

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/feedback-24

Plenty of recommendations/things to improve mentioned on here in the last week; Rocks/holes everywhere, Smirnoff bar too close to Lovely Days, nonsense route around to Arcadia at night, anybody able to come into Campervan field/One for the Road campsite without a wristband, nothing on the main stages early (tribute bands or otherwise!), loud speakers playing music in the campsites until all hours, and probably a few more things….

Post edited by crl84 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

In fairness to them they generally do seem to address when there have been issues so hopefully the same again. I mainly said about enforcing the over 21s rule and that I didn't want it to turn into electric picnic.

For acts you'd like to see play, last year I stuck down Future Islands and we got them, the year before I said Caribou and they turned up! Stuck down The War on Drugs, New Order and Arcade Fire this year hoping the streak continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭mgkelly

That would be quite the streak, if you got all those 3!

Don't forget to mention the importance of keeping free flow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I put Spiritualized / The Jesus & Mary Chain and Goat. The first two i put down on every festival questionaire with no luck so far!

On the debut acts, i opted for Osees, Moon Duo and Chris Liberator. Also unlikely to happen.

Stressed the importance of freeflow amongst a bunch of other stuff.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rubick

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭roll

Had Slowdive down last year, so hoping one of Pulp, War on Drugs or Spiritualized turns up next year.

Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age and Slipknot are coming next year lads !!!

That was my 3 ..

😛 😂

Tame Impala, King Gizzard again please, and Phoenix. Lcd would be wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I would love to see Tame Impala although their stage setup may be a little too big for ATN.

Super massive lighting rig

Yeah sadly Tame impala beyond ATN now from financial side let alone staging aspects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Doc07

orbital, Billy Scurry and …Squeeze

Also emphasised keep free flow or I won’t be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

With two mentions each it's obvious that Spiritualized and Moon Duo are coming so could someone please mention The Bug in their suggestions? If i got those three i'd be delighted.

They should have an electronic act/dj's section on that questionnaire. Don't they realise people can like guitars and dance music too?

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement

"Don't they realise people can like guitars and dance music too?"

Due to the very limited selection every year of guitar /rock music, its obvious that the emphasis is on the easy book-easy set up - djs are the main priority.

Sad but True (as metallica said) ….. 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rubick

This was the year to get Goat, I feel. New album incoming and a small UK/EU tour. They hardly ever tour so just missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DireD

gave them a nice few lines on free flow being the best thing ever™️, hopefully they listen. as for next year - little simz (before glasto give her a headline slot in '27) , lcd or bicep. not asking for much🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭optogirl

Also put Little Simz - have been dying to see her live again after EP 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dunph

I'm not in the camp of "tribute acts are a bad idea and not for ATN". I am a little confused at the idea that were any significant gaps where "nothing" was on. Were we at the same festival? I barely got half of the acts I wanted to see, running around like an eejit.

I'll accept my tastes are not for everyone so yeah, if you dont like dance music you'll not have much after midnight, but is this not the case at many major festivals?

Like I said, not against tribute acts, glasshouse, rte concert orchestra, singalong and the lads doing talking heads this year have been great fun, but I can't agree that theres some gaping hole in the ATN schedule crying out for a Pearl Jam tribute that would save an otherwise dour weekend and pull in the punters from far and wide. The weekend I was at was wall to wall fun and good times with the (very small and occasional) gaps generally filled with happy folks, food, booze and the cambium club.

ATN is, for my money, a very well curated festival and if it continues as is I will be attending for as long as my body and my wife will tolerate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

New Order is a great shout.

I put Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Rubberbandits (Won't happen) and Stiff Little Fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I went with New Order / David Holmes / Jon Hopkins. I also mentioned that free flow has to stay, it's what makes ATN so unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭endainoz

Unfortunately id be sceptical about free flow next year. I really do hope I'm wrong, but if it is the case of a change of policy, then it should be clearly stated and no mixed messages like we had this year.

it was a blip of text written on an app. It was corrected straight away. Acting like they didn’t immediately respond on social media about it and were clear that it was an error. There was about 2 hours of confusion on it.

• Advertisement

But the app and website were live long before the text was added. So it looked like it was added deliberately. Why would they add it at all if no intention to introduce it?

Advertisement