Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

1495051525355»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They seem to have nerfed the bing searches even more since yesterday. Now it seems I will only get points for 4 searches and then have to wait half an hour or so before I can do another 4. Before yesterday you could just do them until they were all done provided you left a few seconds between each search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It just worked as normal there for me!

Few tips from what I encounter, most days!

If you are clicking along in the explore more boxes, then usually around 5 get counted, before it stops counting anymore. Click into the search box and search something new by typing, it'll start counting again.

Always use the daily puzzle, even if there's no points associated with it today, click skip puzzle and your brought to a bunch of backgrounds, in a carousel. Click on each one of these, they each count as a search!

Click into the daily 10pts searches, they often have explore more boxes in the right hand pane, to continue with points.

If the above stop counting, you can always do nonsense searches, that will still work, like a general word followed by a number! Chicken, Chicken 1, Chicken 2 etc…

I count it about 5-7 seconds needed, but I usually give 10 seconds between searches. I'll throw up a stopwatch on the screen or my phone and make a new search every 10 secs!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I actually type all my searches It started working normally again once I had the 60pts for mobile searches done which is odd.

Dammit, took me ages to write that post 😆

Working away again so! Could be a sign of things to come though, knowing M$

Haha well there was still some good info there, didn't know about the carousel after skip puzzled, I usually just hit back there!

• Advertisement

I did myself for ages until I spotted the points going up one day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Treppen

Anyone do the Ambassadors program, I get the feeling I'm the only person in Ireland who bothers. Anyway... the nerfwinds are also a coming there! Nothing turning in for the last 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Same here. There are 2 tasks stuck for me - a Forza one and downloading Calisto Protocol.

I've been doing the ambassador stuff since season 22.

Only recently enough reached level 4.

There seems to be a few stuck quests at the moment alright!

4 quests stuck for me now…

• Advertisement

On their Discord, they are at least aware of it, though there hasn't been an update in 5 days… :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Im wondering with price increase in September wondering will it affect points.

It like 5170 points = €5 anybody hear anything about that increasing on points.I would rather convert my points into credit now than having to earn more points.

I just there used my code for 1 month GPU from the last season of ambassadors and they've already changed me over to €17.99 per month recurring, when sub ends.

So much for people keeping the legacy pricing!

I guess any change to your expiry date will move you to the newer pricing.

Gonna buy 3 months GPU for 35,000 points while it's cheap. That's cheaper than 2 months GPU with real money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You'll get slightly longer buying two lots of 3 months Core for 30,000 points.

3 months Core converts to 50 days Ultimate, so you'll end up with 100 days instead and for a slight discount.

I have to leave it expire to do that though, right?

I was just topping onto the end! My expiry isn't until late 2026 now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Not necessarily, I've been redeeming 3-month Core codes since February and every time it gets auto-converted at redemption, pushing my Ultimate renewal date back another 50 days. Currently now my renewal is mid-October.

Technically you could get a bit more if you let Ultimate fully expire and then do the paid conversion trick, at least as long as that ratio remains 3:2. But then you have to pay for a month of the new rate so, whether that's worth it to you or not.

Ah nice one Chris, I didn't realise that Core converted at all once you had GPU!

I'll get the Core then each time I reach 15k points until they start limiting the time that you can stack!

Think that's happening in September maybe?

Interesting one this morning. I had 2 rewards available on the rewards.microsoft.com page that had little padlock symbols on them, it said they were available to me because I'm a level 2 rewards member. They were worth 15 points each. Haven't seen this before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Noticed that yesterday alright, none today though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Anyone else see this on the Start app?

• Advertisement

@TheChrisD Just redeemed a 3 months Core there!

Pushed out my end date from 11/08/26 to 2/10/26

I reckon that's 52 days!

Thanks again for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

This are back again this morning - assume they'll be every Tuesday

Ya, I spotted them yesterday and meant to highlight this. Seems to be once a week.

Pity the rewards scheme is becoming less about games.

Anyway here's easy achievements but you'll need to plug keyboard to console or else download on pc , mainly to enter the cheat codes with the ~ key . Codes didn't seem to register after typing them in but they worked anyway.

Probably have to slow the video down to follow as it's a fast game.

Yep, those random padlocked rewards of 15 points each have appeared again, so seems to be a weekly affair.

I was on the rewards site the other day and was very impressed that there were loads of new ways to earn rewards, but it turned out I was just connected to the M&S store wifi which must be routed through a British IP. They get much more than we do. Very unfair.

Couldn't get some of the codes to work after pressing the tilde button ,but if you just type them in during the game they work .

Advertisement