Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden bench paint

• 13-08-2024 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

If u paint this bench with cedarwood will it be a red colour or should I just paint it with black masonry paint

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'd oil it teak oil or Danish oil but if you want a paint use a garden paint like this

Most of the big brands do a similar garden paint.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A mix of 75% Creosote and 25% waste engine oil will give a lovely dark stain and protect it longer than anything you can buy over the counter. Just make sure it is dried properly before giving it a second coat or using it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Only you can't buy proper creosote anymore banned by the EU.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There are ways and means but for all intents and purposes "Creocote" will suffice when using the waste oil as well.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭celiam

But will I be able to sit on it or will this mixture not stain clothes

• Advertisement
Advertisement