Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Pretty sure the service interval is 2 years regardless of mileage. They might give it an inspection, but there's no work due on it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭adunis

Every 2 years unlimited mileage is the service interval ,tell em piss of with their 15k "check up"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭denismc

I have a notification popping up telling my car is due an inspection, is there a way to turn this off?

Hyundai allows you to turn off service notifications yourself, I'm not sure if this is possible in the VW though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭fits

no

more information here

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/money/debt/problems-making-car-repayments/#:~:text='half%20rule'.-,The%20'half%20rule',HP%20price%20of%20the%20car.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

No, the half rule will have no effect to your credit rating.

If I handed the car back at the end of the PCP they would have charged me excess mileage but I escaped this using the half rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

Over your typical poor quality Irish road the id3 is noisy at speed, I found the exact same, it varies hugely depending on road surface and Ireland is full of bad quality tar and chipping surfaces and no car is designed to drive on this crap.

I found the id3 quiet on good quality Asphalt, what cars are actually meant to drive on, what you'd mostly see in Germany for example even on back roads, for example the N7 or M7, typical of a road surface you'd find in Germany, but go on the M9 at Kilcullen and the change in road quality makes a big difference, further down the M9 on the Carlow bypass and it makes a massive difference again, why they chose to use such crap surface on that part of the M9 is beyond me .

The Matrix headlights are great, not without fault of course, on back country roads they blind the driver for a second until they spot the car and adjust, again, Irish Roads, bends and high hedges, the car can't adjust the headlight beam in time because in a microsecond a car comes flying around a bend so I often had to manually control, you know, when you see the light of the otter car approach.

One of my headlights fogged up all the time and quite badly at times, headlight replaced 3 times including the original and still not resolved, I don't have the car now.

All this tech is fine but will be crazy expensive to fix if it fails out of warranty.

I had the travel assist and it was fine but a right pain having to grab the wheel every 15 seconds. The adaptive cruise was handy but a royal pain in the hold in commuter traffic like the N7 because these systems simply can't deal with the 100-0-100-0 type of traffic you'd see on the N7 and if a car stops too hard in front well there's no stopping your car from rear ending the car in front so a lot of the time I disabled the adaptive cruise. So be aware of this in any car with adaptive cruise, it won't stop a crash and probably 1 reason you see so many people on mobiles now while driving is because they think these systems will stop accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

How do I get rid of the "inspection due" message? I have no intention of having the inspection.

I think you might need an OBD dongle to reset it

Or just bring it into the garage and tell them to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Decent tarmac makes huge difference..

I don't disagree, but I'm wondering what that was in response to? 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Luna84

From memory over the past few days someone was talking about cabin noise and I'd say they were replying to that but never quoted the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sack bringing it into the garage, it's 20 miles up the road.

I'll see about a dongle. Was planning to tweak a few settings anyway.

I've been having this ongoing issue with the site where I hit reply or quote and it doesn't quote post unless I refresh the page

I'm guessing Flinty also got hit with that issue

Remember when the site was basic as hell but just worked? Good times 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭eagerv

I use add on 'Boardsie enhancement suite' on Firefox. Site seems to work a bit better.

Someone was asking on the other thread about changing tyres on an EV. As you say I'm constantly losing the quoted section and thus lose track of which thread I'm in.

Its not helped by android Google and boards trying to divert you to ads constantly so when you cancel that and get back on thread you can be in the wrong thread.

I tried that and it's fixes somethings but breaks other things.

Firefox and Adblock plus, or any other adblocker. Makes the internet a better experience 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭hold my beer

The reply button doesn't quote the post anymore. You have to press the quote button to do it. Pain in the ass

Tbh I'm boring myself complaining about broken stuff in boards.

On a positive note I will say driving across the city centre in an EV is so much easier than an ICE even an Auto ICE. I usually get the train but drove today. So much less tiring in an EV.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're very simple in stop start traffic, particularly if you can use the ACC to do half the work

However I still say the best way through the city is a bike. I've tried driving, public transport and cycling and the bike wins hands down every time

Main drawback of the bike is that you'll be a sweaty mess when you arrive, so shower facilities are a must

Second drawback is all the car drivers 😉

When I cycle at least 20% of the time is getting out of the shed and on the road and locking it up and changing at the other end.

What the hell is in your shed??? 😉😂

Locking it up is a pain, luckily work has a bike shed which helps a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JamBur

Has anyone bought a space save spare wheel for the ID3? I see some third party companies putting together wheel & tookit for 250ish delivered.

Im wondering is there any space saver from VWs that are likely to be in breaker yards that I could pick up for less?

Anyone had any experience?

Also, has anyone removed their variable height floor? If they have Id be interested in purchasing.

Re lack of spare wheel…

1 how often do you actually get a puncture

2 if the there gunk and compressor don't fix it the tyre is most likely f@#ked

3 if the tyre is f@#ked just drive on it very slowly to civilisation just be carefulful not to make shite of the wheel.

My personal record is 35km @ 20 kph the one and only time in 38 years driving I've ever as it happens I've ever had a catastrophic puncture.I chose to drive all the way home at that particular time and just took the wheel to a tyre shop in another car.

I went and got a set of tyre plugs, a decent compressor and a jack after a puncture caused me to miss a ferry home

Still running on that repaired tyre nearly 2 years later with no issues

The thing with space savers is you can only drive at 80, so your next stop is likely to be the tyre shop anyway

My view is that the plugs need to work long enough to get a proper repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Variable Height Floor and associated rails come up on eBay occasionally but are expensive as per this example. Might be as cheap to buy a new one from a VW dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Might be doing an upgrade, have a 221 ID.3. Would a 251 ID3 have the newer electric motors for better efficiency ? or is it a tiny change that I would never notice ?

Also, ID.4 im tempted by if only cause it's a newer refresh.

Advertisement