Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

1436437438439440442»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

400k on a 3 day event which paints Ireland in a positive light. Versus a bit more than what Joe Duffy earns in a year.

Personally I think the Eurovision spend is better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭RoTelly

What annoys me about Eurovision is their head of delegation. This time last year he was saying : -

While rival broadcasters employ teams of people to stage their Eurovision bids, Michael is a one-man operation, sometimes directing Prime Time, organising RTE’s New Year’s Eve coverage and the Rose of Tralee as he also tries to find a song and performer who could regain Ireland’s Eurovision glory.

Last year RTE splashed out on more than €315,000 sending Derry singer Brooke Scullion to Eurovision.

But Michael said: “It’s not enough to be perfectly honest ….and it’s a dog fight to get every cent.

“At the same time, I think we are one of the few organisation around Europe who tell you what we spend.”

Does matter who is running the show it really about the song and the act, and he is either lucky or extremely unlucky.

Expect more of the same next year from our entry as he's at last found the hook required.

And if it flops he tell us, you should have paid your TV licence.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/thats-rich-rte-splashed-out-27650436

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/9877941/eurovision-rte-abuse-blame-sacked-michael-kealy/

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Eurovision is a guilty pleasure for us all, the spectacle amazes and tbf we did well with Bambi Thug this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭political analyst

The 6-month rule doesn't apply if the RTÉ person who left to go into politics and has then left politics to go back to RTÉ is not involved in news or current affairs.

Jacqui Hurley is a presenter on The Sunday Game and so it was erroneous of me to mention her in my hypothesis.

Evanne Ní Chuillin presented the RTÉ News coverage of the return of the Irish Olympics team yesterday afternoon. If she went into politics - and I'm not saying that she's interested in doing so - and then quit politics to return to RTÉ, would she be barred from being a sports reporter on news bulletins for 6 months? Is her affiliation with RTÉ News or is it with RTÉ Sport?

• Advertisement

It should and my points are hypothetical, ask RTÉ and the CnaM if they have any codes of practice written down for this type of thing.

And it should cover all RTÉ presenters. Look at Mairead McGuinness. She presented an independent production on RTÉ for years before she became an MEP, it is unlikely she will return to RTÉ but if she does it should be done slowly.

______

Yesterday

So no really changes to RTÉ radio following a raft of exits. So the idea that the top stars bring in a auidence can largely be dismissed.

And if your interested due to sport in July RTÉ had a 33% share of the audience, while in June similar figures. RTÉ2 will average about 7% share for the year but will have achieved 14% share in June and July, August will see those figure diminish as will the rest of the year.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Was there a "raft of exits" Ro , None of the so called big hitters apart from Dobbo left.

Tubs of course but that was different.

Your point is quite correct though.

I'd agree no bigger hitters, but a group of presenters that 2FM and some in the media considered to be big hitters.

Laura Fox has pretty much take over from Jenny Z and she's getting 141,000 listeners up 6k. Not much less than Westlife show which ended on 155k.

______

Yesterday

yes….God help us all if there are folk out there who consider Garrihy, Ryan, and co ‘big hitters’

Bunch of grifters and chancers Ro….and I know you probably agree with that.

Just back from the Supermarket to buy my copy of Irelands Own and I see Derrane and a host of other

chancers grinning out of the covers of several magazines…we really are thick if we can’t see through these chancers.

I also see Seoighe apparently trying politics now that her TV career has stalled.

Unbelievable that folk would be taken in by these grifters.

But hey……Nina Carberry….. Mullooley….. this lot have seen an opportunity it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭inajock

Daithi O Se coming with a run at a the politics now too. Well up on the ballot paper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Now that the cheque has cleared its back to spend, spend, spend in the small principality of Montrosia...Verona here we come.... How's poor Dee these days btw?? , wishing her a full recovery, then she might be able to answer a few questions, maybe even return some money she didn't earn... One guy robs us with a shotgun, the other with a fountain pen,

what kind of a wedge is Marty on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Hes long past retirement... Get rid of him.

Bring back Brendan Balfe, or Rodney Rice.

Also I am thinking that many of those presenters have got away without having to be in the top ten list.

From what I can gather when the RTÉ annual report is published later in the year it will only show the top ten earners, this means because RTÉ have added the executives to the list they then remove many of the people that would have been added to the the list due to lowering of the earnings and the exit of others.

Now we are left with a list that you can't compare to previous lists. Really the top ten onscreen talent should be published along with the top ten non-onscreen talent at RTÉ.

I'd say getting FC and TLLS to become independent productions is to remove those stars from the top ten earners list.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Expunge

Marty is with the other giant talent agency - Carol and Associates. They seem to have avoided the spotlight that Noel Kelly found himself under.

Their roster isn't quite as young and hip - more "has beens" on the books

Entertainment Agency & Consultancy - Carol and Associates

Interesting to see Dáithí "Why would I give somebody 15pc of what I make, like?" Ó Sé on that list!

______

Yesterday

Advertisement