Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car won't start, immobilizer light flashing.

• 13-08-2024 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. I have a 2007 focus 1.4 LX, keyless entry and start (not a button )with passive key. Was driving fine up until Monday morning. Usually when I get to the driver's door and pull the handle it unlocks and opens, but this time it didn't so I used the button on the fob. Got into the car and pressed clutch as usual to be met with a message showing "passive key not detected". Ignition won't turn at all. I took the key blade out of the fob which then fits into the ignition. This allows me to turn the ignition to start, lights come on in dash but car won't turn over. Immobilizer light flashes fast for 1 minute then gives PATS code 1:5. I only have one key for the car. 

Does anyone have any idea what to try or does it look like I'll have to take a trip to Ford? 

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭Timing belt

probably battery related and not enough charge for keyless entry and starter….. try using jump leads to another car running….if it works then it’s battery and easy to fix…(just make sure same size battery as I think they used bigger batteries on keyless back then)

FYI- had similar problem and this was the issue with same age focus with keyless entry

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eoin93

Thanks for your reply. I have tried jump leads but no difference. It's an old battery so I might try a new battery tomorrow and hopefully that sorts it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mk7r

Its either the key or the instrument cluster has broken solder joints, common focus issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭mulbot

Same as above post- had this issue, was the cluster.

Ok thanks for your help. Did you have to go to Ford for that fix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mk7r

No, most good independents would be aware of the issue, ford will just suggest a brand new cluster. Where are you located

Im in Louth. I must ask about. Didn't fancy having to go to Ford at all. It's just a runabout for to and from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭mulbot

No, local guy did it, was familiar with it as is common problem on the focus. Bit of soldering, in and out within 45 minutes

Brilliant. I'll take it out and drop it to my mechanic. Will update with results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭User1998

Happened to me and it was the ECU that needed replacing

• Advertisement
Advertisement