Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

1384385386387388390»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Don't they have subsidised food etc in the MTU? If they charge reasonable prices on the premises no one would have much incentive to stroll anywhere else unless they need to get their steps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I guessed the college would have a canteen alright but apart from students and college staff, I'm not sure people outside MTU would be mad to make it a regular lunch destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wouldn't expect outsiders to be able to use it either. 😛

I can't see people going to the trouble of leaving the town centre just to go to Oak Park for a snack and a coffee, unless they have two hour lunch hours. All the fuel stations seem to be coffee houses and delis these days as well, and the competition is everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Anyone an just walk in and use it. It's just inside the main building.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 171KYSAM

They have subsidised food in both north and sound campus, its a bit awkward though if your working in the middle of town

• Advertisement

You're missing my point. I'm referring to the lack of a cafe in Oakpark for its large immediate catchment population (all the WFH-ers, parents, teens, retirees etc etc) combined with all the Tech park workers and college users not having a cafe option in the vicinity other than a college canteen or the hotel. I wouldn't expect people in the town centre with dozens of options making the trek out there for a soup, sandwich or scone. Monavalley by contrast has The Shack, Der's in the industrial estate and now this new one in Shanakill).

I see Anthony O'Gara is unable to be involved in this week's festival due to "medical reasons". Why do I sense Dee Forbes like deja vu?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Someone else mentioned this earlier. Where did you hear about it?

It's on the Kerryman's Facebook page. The comments aren't very sympathetic....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yes I see it now! I fear this could be the end of the ROT. I can't see RTE really funding it much longer, especially with all that is going on with their finances! I know it still draws a big tv audience, but they may not see it as worth the expense. Feile Trali can still go on without it I'm sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 cher nobyl

I was just in the dunnes store cafe on the NCR and someone told two members of staff that a bluebottle was on their chicken strips in the sandwich bar, and both ignored him

I was talking to someone today who said he saw a lot of Munster rugby guys going into Benners hotel. I saw a few more going in with Munster rugby tops when I was driving past after 6pm. Wonder what is is happening?

Advertisement