Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

1171819202123»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Strangely enough, the only driver that rings the ball around my way is Fastway. DPD only because I asked him a few times to do it, UPS driver flat out refuses to ring the bell and left stuff out in the lashing rain yesterday - when we were at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭df

How does Fastway exist? I have used them for years as they were the cheapest and I had little choice just to put up with their massive incompetence. That said my local driver is amazing and would do anything for me.

Some drivers clearly don't care less and leave packages in random places and don't tell the customer. Also, they sign for packages themselves. The real issue though is when there is a problem. The customer service and support is atrocious. I have made many complaints but have never heard back in spite of been told numerous times that a supervisor will be in touch.

I'm pleased to say I'm in the process of moving to another company as I just can't deal with their useless service any longer. I advise anyone to think long and hard before using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tried using the parcelconnect service to send a package up north. I chose the local Centra dropoff point.

How is it meant to work? Basically i've paid online for a label but I can't get access to the label. Is it meant to be instant or do i have to wait 24 hours for the label? I wouldn't mind but I need the feckin thing sent before Christmas, or else it'll be gone passed the date of return for the full refund.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It's my first time using them (and potentially my last). Any time I click the link to print the label in my email, I get a:

404 - NOT FOUND

The page you're looking for does not exist.

======

Presumably it's meant to show my label here? Their phone number is out of service. Their online chat just sends an email to their support team, who'll respond in their own time. No idea whats meant to happen now. I found a few email addresses online. I think i'm gonna email them all and hope I get a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not surprised, got an email from Fastway the other day saying "click here to track your package", it was 404 🙄

I didn't realise Smyths used them, it really puts me off ordering online from Smyths in the future. We got the package (a Lego set) but the box looked like it'd been stood on.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Booked to send a package on 29th Dec with parcelconnect, nobody has arrived yet, their depot has engaged tone. They've debited my debit card for the service though. Do I just cancel it, how do i get my courier fee back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tele2020

Incredible bad service.

Driver 310 from Ardee seems to be attempting to deliver my package to wrong address, MULTIPLE TIMES and that business is closed by the time he gets there, somewhere between 5 and 8 at night, but where I'm standing , our doors are wide open until around 9ish. Its very stressful to be honest seeing an attempt to deliver your package 30 doors down to the wrong address and the driver blatantly lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Fastway collected my parcel and delivered it with signature within three days. I accept there were post Xmas delays/backlog. Happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Credit were credits due. Cursed Micks Garage when I noticed my "free" delivery was coming with Fastway :-) However the driver did put the box into a plastic bag with the opening underneath when he left it inside our gate. I was raining at the time so the plastic bag was needed.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi,

Hope its ok to post here.

Im currently waiting on an Amazon delivery being delivered by Fastway Couriers today.

Up to what time do Fastway deliver parcels?

Of course you can post here. The drivers often work till they have finished (latest here after 6pm) but if you are out in the country then they could ignore you and do your delivery next time they are out your way.

I pay for Amazon Prime because Prime deliveries don't use Fastway.

• Advertisement

Awh thank you 🥰.

I got my parcel today in the afternoon with Fastway couriers. All good.

Thanks again for replying.

Hi,

I'm waiting on a package and the tracking information states it has been loaded to a container, so would it be early next week when I recieve the parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Anyone have experience of Fastway delivering to an OOHPod?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Fastway, they lost a €200 package on me at Christmas and refused to take responsibility. Claimed it was 'signed for' and delivered, which it wasn't. Then refused to do anything about it or help me find it. No manager was around to speak with that day. Nearest depot is 30 minute drive away.

They lost another package on me about 3 weeks ago said it was delivered and signed for. Which it wasn't and again wouldn't help and just shrugged it off. Again, had to drive to nearest depot to speak to someone as they conveniently don't have a phone in Portarlington depot. Best they could do was to get the driver that day (whom was out sick..) to contact me, which... surprise surprise.. he never did. Of course they wouldn't give me his number because GDPR or whatever.

Now I'm onto my 3rd package that's missing they recieved it 2 weeks ago on 30th July and nothing since. This is F**KING ridiculous and I now have to hop into the car yet again today and drive to Portarlington, yet again because thry dont have a contact number or email I can get any responses from. Convenient for them. I'll end up speaking to someone whom, no doubt as always will play stupid and thick and won't help me in any way. I'll get a run around and told to speak with manager or come back when the managers around and I'm out more cash again unless I argue with company I bought off for a refund!! Why are companies like this allowed get away with this sh*t.

If I could chose any couriers in Ireland Fastway would be at the very bottom of the list everything. I absolutely despise them.

Three items I'd report that as theft. See what happens if you report it online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Are you dealing with the suppliers? Contract is between them and whoever ships for them. Also go on to Trustpilot and put up your views.

Yeah have left a review for them on Trustpilot. I'm not wholesale just buy stuff online. But have bought numerous stuff from a particular store in China and they told me they don't pick the courier its assigned when arrives in Ireland.

Where woupd I report it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do Fastway have any direct phone line, only just email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Fastway have a phone number indeed, but it goes to a message saying " ALL OUR CUSTOMERS COMMUNICATE WITH OUR DRIVERS" or something along the lines of it.

• Advertisement

It's up to the seller to ensure the goods reach you, either ask for a refund or do a chargeback.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jumbells

Had a package to be delivered to the Cornmarket Street OOHPOD in Cork today. When I reliased it was Fastway delivering, I felt it in my bones that they would screw it up. Sure enough email received saying parcel delivered, I got no notification from OHHPOD locker. I contacted OHHPOD and they said nothing was put it there for me. I went in physically to the centre and asked at every store if they had the parcel and no one had it. Expensive parcel just gone, no way to contact fastway by phone and no response to my email. Everytime with this company, everytime.

Seller's problem to resolve, not yours.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Fastway is the Irish Courier for TEMU.

In the Special Instructions in while buying your TEMU stuff, maybe enter something like " For Courier : Handle my package like a millionaire , Thank You "

Advertisement