Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Thanks Rubick but no need was doing it myself anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Good work Mucker! I'll be printing it out this afternoon before I leave work. One more sleep for me!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Reded

Will update as much as I can before then, work permitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭rubick

Melts have turned into a must see for us having done a bit of a deep dive last night.

They are really good live and also a must see for me even though have tickets for their Dublin gig

I saw them supporting The Bonnevilles a few years back in Derry. They were great then...and they've since recruited someone on keys/synth which adds a whole new dimension to the sound. Really looking forward to seeing them.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

100% correct - Add weather into that and that’s the gamble. I know Julia and she will never touch one of the big festivals again - totally missed in trailer park. Apart from the 30% give back from gross sales (not from profit as some assume), you have to take 2 FR credit card machines - €450 (so they can monitor sales!!!), then there is the pitch price which can start at €1500 depending on location of pitch. So before you start cooking you’re at minimum minus €2,000 - Not to bore anyone with food profit maths but this is the reality- a burger and chips at €12 to the consumer in a festival like EP - 30% goes to FR 35% food cost - that leaves the vendor with approx €4.20 then take out Labour costs and overheads you’re left with SFA. That is why you will see lesser quality mass vendors nowadays as they will buy in cheaper than cheap low quality ingredients to turn a profit! Also, if you are found to taking cash - immediate shut down! Anyway enjoy your festigrub and support the good guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Some drone pics from I took this morning

https://www.facebook.com/100064813775714/posts/pfbid0aSDUSwvEasAZVRdaJ8So51KoJCyBcnRMXqWxGSFhBzvFzuuv6Yrp1yEs6iV3Dmp8l/?

https://x.com/CarlowWeather/status/1823617345375346963

Ground is perfect and the rain tomorrow will keep the dust down and rain should clear by 5-6pm with some great weather ahead for Friday and good weekend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Anyone decent in Rankins this weekend? Hermitage Green headliner gotta be low watermark.

• Advertisement

great shots - caught a glimpse of my lodgings for the week! 🤣 ground is in great shape!

Properly buzzing now despite everything we've been through all year. There will be the traditional "YEEEEEEEOOOOOO!" as soon as we see the first EP Traffic sign as we approach Stradbally, still the same excitable children as when we first saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Kepler21

Do you reckon they will sort out the access on Thursday from the ECO side because of the Rock the Boat Record attempt? EP Banter must have got permission to do it.

I have been assured by one of the moderators on the Banter Page that the Terminus entrance will be open.

I have The Scratch and Bambie Thug on my Rankins list.

It is being supported by EP, ev3n have it on their app

Have the clockworks, the psychs, bambie thug and possibly Artemas (think tent will be Crammed for this) on my long list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see in the Irish Times this morning that Elec Pic will be a “cashless” event and vendors/bars etc will only accept card or NFC payments.

So if I offer a crisp 20 euro in cash for payment, they will refuse?!?

Is that even legal?

Was the same last year. Witnessed a few not so happy customers looking to pay cash

• Advertisement

I've seen a few disappointed people being refused drinks at bars at other festivals and gigs because they only had cash. Unfortunately it's perfectly legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭thebronze14

They are the only late night thing I'll be actively targetting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ah lads, the fomo is real. Was up in my sister's yesterday who is going and was feeling it - yes, the green eyed monster rears her ugly head. (That's jealousy, not my sister. Her eyes are more hazel). Perhaps I will return in 2025. This weekend I will be camping elsewhere with a 9 year old and a 12 year old. I will demand they learn some Smiths songs and perform them for me around 9pm on Friday evening while I sit watching with a bag of cans and prance about 'Morrissey on TOTP' style. Then I will ask them to shout in-jokes at each other loudly until circa 5am just to give it that Chaplin experience. Every time I pass reception I will hold up my arms to be patted down and searched and grin with a sense of accomplishment as I sneak to the playground with a reefer and a can of warm Hophouse in my sock.

The Rave in the Woods will be a sight to behold as worried onlookers scramble to remove my children from my care. I won't care though. I will have instructed the offspring to say 'I'm getting nothing off that' on half hourly cycles and ensure they are drinking ludicrous amounts of tepid water.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭LilNiall

Seems like a cargo delivery meant for Stradbally actually found it's way into Portlaoise prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Not going but Kylie on the Main Stage directly clashing with Peggy Gou in Electric Arena on the Sunday night is the weirdest scheduling I've ever seen.

Have a ball everyone those fields are still magic and can't wait to read all the posts when yiz are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's also nothing new, this has been in place for a few years now so no one should be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Likewise. Loreen after Kneecap for me as have seen Kasabian a lot over the years. Villagers on the Friday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Himselfe

Have one spare ticket if anyone is interested and wants to PM me before I put it back up on TM. One of our group dislocated his shoulder so can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MsMojave

Food vendors are listed on the app with menus and prices if you just search for the word food. No allergens listed but do state if vegan / vegetarian / gluten free. Have someone with lactose intolerance in my party which can be a pain when they don’t necessarily want to go full vegan for the weekend. Better than nothing though!

I see El Fuego listed after being told last minute last year they had no spot (extremely bad form). Been dying to try their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Free campervan pass going if anyone is interested in mid west - I'm done trying to get something back on things!

I see there's x3 Greek vendors on site this year, if one of them is 'Greek Street Food' from ATN their gyros are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Good few of the old warhorse food vendors gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭darzog

That's great that they are planning to open the Terminus entrance on Thursday. I still predict that there will be a swathe of security guards swearing blind that you have to "go round the other way" whilst frantically radioing for advice. If it is open, it means that @Kepler21 will be delighted not to have to have to lead the expedition through the wilderness of the Trenchtown service road in the pitch dark again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭glen25

Question re gas in a caravan - I have the standard 11kg gas housed in the gas compartment of my caravan. Had no issues in ATN but every correspondence from EP is saying no greater than 7kg gas cylinders allowed. Had anyone problems last year with an 11kg cylinder or see people having them confiscated? Do they go to that level of searching of caravans / campers? TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Nugget89

A chicken breast sandwich meal from Supermacs is €16 at EP, which maybe gives the clearest view of festival inflation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Field east

saw Mary McAleese - yes the ex pres- on Tv yesterday promoting the Picnic and announcing that she will be attending it. Am wondering what is her ‘agenda’ if any. A most unusual ‘match’. Maybe it was always on her bucket list when she found the time. While she is there she might do someting about all the litter strewn around , all the tents left behind, all the drug use, etc. I would expect some article / announcement/ report from her after her experience. People are always interested in what notables have to say

Ive brought the same every year with no issues

Maybe we'll find the missing members of the party, still lost in the woods as far as we know. That boy with the 2006 EP line-up shirt still ranting at an oak tree about "HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN!"

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Davysulls86

Will a few of the food vendors take cash? As in a, "what'll you do for cash?" way?

I'm Just trying to budget how much cash to bring.

Shes doing a talk / interview at Mindfield I think

• Advertisement

Can't mention Mary McAleese and not link this epic.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/992006545473966082.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

any early entry passes floating around?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Kepler21

That was my concern, that the security people would know about it. I might miss the "Let's check for any perimeter weaknesses approach and see where this path leads us"

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DubLad69

As much as I was disappointed with the line up, what’s even worse is that all of my favourite food options are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No one gives a hoot, if you're concerned about her presence them then go protest in front of the tent, we're here to whinge about the line up, discuss food vendors and will soon be moving on to t-shirt discussions for meeting at TCM.

such a weird post…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Similarly to @optogirl the jealousy has finally kicked in after doing so well for the past 11 months! Having done 7 on the trot I haven't been since 2019 and my EP days are probably in the rearview mirror but when the weekend comes it's always hard to not feel envious of those going. @Villain weather forecast updates certainly not helping here!!

Electric Picnic has gotten an increasing kicking in these threads over the years, of which I've been part of, giving out about lineups, prices, crowd, scheduling, beer selection, lack of free flow, etc. and rightly so at times. But the truth is that anyone going this weekend is going to have an absolutely amazing weekend, particularly those who haven't been before or may have just been once or twice.

My advice for those newcomers is to explore, explore, explore. There are so many fantastic areas at the festival to just spend some time in watching different gigs, taking in the art installations, eating some nice grub or chatting to friends and strangers. Was lucky to experience my first Glastonbury this summer and it was the perfect festival, an unbelievable place in every sense. But I don't think anything will ever compare to my first Picnic. The veterans probably take it for granted now but taking in areas like the Trailer Park, Trenchtown, rave in the woods, Croí (was B&S), the Salty Dog for the first time is unforgettable. Freetown only popped up my last year but that seems like another excellent area to explore with plenty of hidden stages and shenanigans going on. Not to mention other areas added over the years such as Mother stage, Artlot, Fishtown, Hazelwood, Berlinhaus bunker. There was a magic in the air down there that I've never experienced anywhere else and I hope that is still the case for all of those going this year.

Recommendation for the weekend: Le Boom secret set - 1am Salty Dog on Friday night.

A cracker of a weekend in store. Enjoy, I will be glued to the reviews on here next week (will be on holidays which will soften the blow at least!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Fanirish

as Festival republic take a 30% cut of revenue it has to be cashless/using their machines. Any vendor accepting cash will be shut down and banned by Festival Republic/live nation from all their festivals in uk and Ireland. Which if you are a uk based vendor is hefty price to pay for accepting cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Fanirish

€12 normally plus 30% FR revenue cut is €16 so no actual gouging by supermacs themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Hi all

First time attending EP, I am travelling down solo ( all my gear & stuff is being drought down later that evening by fokes I am meeting down their so traveling light )

Any advice on getting their ?

Traveling on Thursday from Dublin city centre, I was looking at train to portlaoise, then what is the options ?

I am staying at the Ballykilcavan camp site, is it walkable from stradbally town ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Was gonna say similar - supermacs charge 12 euro for that meal in their restaurants. So the extra is to cover Festival Republic charges.

Advertisement