Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

The reports are saying The Lucha Bros are telling the WWE that they don’t want to go to NXT and they want to come in and stay as a team. I really hope they get their way if that what they want.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

JR looking shook enough in that sit down interview. I know he's been unwell but didn't know it had gotten that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

I did notice the weight loss, but for 72 and all the health issues and grief he's gone through in recent years, I thought he looked well. I think the occasional sit down interviews are a good gig for him too at this stage of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,758 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pretty strong rumours that Starks is heading to wwe once his contract is up, another big loss for aew

• Advertisement

Starks going to WWE has been pretty much nailed on since Cody went back there. A loss alright but they haven’t really used him or he hasn’t wanted to be used over the last two years much. He will do well in the WWE just hope for himself he doesn’t get sent to NXT first as Ricky Starks is ready made for the main roster now and a perfect foil for LA Knight.

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He's a weird one. He was a good talker, and a good wrestler, but I think a bit like Cody, always felt more of a WWE character. He never, for whatever reason, got that push people thought he could be given. I think he could do well in WWE but also reckon he'd be limited to the IC/US title level, and I don't particularly think he's unreplaceable for AEW.

He's nowhere near the blow to them that Penta and Fenix will be imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not exactly Starks' biggest fan, but it wasn't until he returned that I realised he was gone. Don't think there was exactly a Ricky Starks hole on the shows.

I hope nobody steals any of Orange Cassidy’s 15 friendship bracelet's!

Regards,

P.

Wrestledream will be in tacoma Washington Sat Oct 12th

• Advertisement

Fightful reporting that the Texas Stadium talked about for a show next year will more than likely be in the Globe Life Stadium the home of the MLB’s Texas Rangers Baseball team in Arlington.

Arlington Esports stadium is also where they were being paid to do the Collision and ROH shows over the last few weeks is in walking distance of the Baseball staduim.

MJF was in the UK over the weekend and called out WhatCulture and Cultaholic without actually naming them for blowing the whole Britt and him thing out of the water to get hits so they could make money.

Fightful had previously called them out for distoring headlines that they had taken from Fightful.

Those two sites especially on this side of the world really play into creating the toxic atmosphere around wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ThePott

I like the Cultaholic video stuff that the former WhatCulture guys are involved with. There's certainly a lot of sensationalising though, as there is in all aspects of news and reporting. MJF debunked a lot of that initial report. However, you bring up Fightful who posted an amended report about the Britt situation that seesm more credible and didn't seem to be debunked by anything MJF said.

That being said, complaining about creating a toxic atmosphere around wrestling and then people consistently posting news stories here that are either debunked, sensationalist or in otherways misleading is the problem. They're playing into the rift that's already there and people on here and obviously elsewhere keep posting them if it makes "their chosen promotion" look good.

They aren't creating the toxic atmosphere imo. They see it's there already and know what will get clicks. Yet, the same people who are quick to call out bad journalism when it's a a damaging story about the promotion they like, don't do the same when it's about the promotion they don't like.

People need to be more objective and willing to accept valid criticism. It goes for politics, sports, wrestling, whatever. While it seemed like that was the case on boards for a while, I don't know if it is anymore. Be nice if we could all try make a better effort to be objective in taking in the news and rumours, consider the source and try and update or make clarifications when they are provided on a certain story to allow people to make their own judgements instead of tribalistic mudslinging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So who's going to All In?

I'm hoping to.

Haven't done flights, hotels or bought a ticket but still haha.

If I do go I'll be buying the event ticket last minute, as last time ticket prices absolutely plummeted closer to the event, which was a dose as I had to try sell the ticket I bought cause I couldn't go.

Are you going Headshot?

I am not.

Last time I got travel lodge beside Wembley, had it's own bouncer outside lol

When TK was announcing they were coming back, the same Travel Lodge was booked out in seconds

I'd be worried about booking a hotel so close to the event as availability and pricing was terrible for me last year

Looks like an aew stadium show in Australia will happen next year, could be a good idea to do All In there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭SteM

Have All In at a different stadium every year, doing one at Wembley every year will just lead to lower gates as time goes on imo. Always keep them wanting more as the saying goes.

Mayor shows in England two years running and joint stadium show in Japan early next year and now a stadium show in Australia tipped for next year. Nice slow and steady expansion out of America and if the Max deal gets done the company will be financially secure and profitable not bad for a start up company after just over 5 years in existence competing against a juggernaut that was the only show in town that is trying to put them out of business every day.

Regards,

P.

Yeah I figured I'll be travelling further than Wembley to get back to the hotel at this point but it is what it is. Assuming I don't just bunk the whole idea which is another possibility haha.

I'd be stunned if they could fill a stadium in Australia. In Wembley you at least you have people coming from all around Europe cause of how close it is. Australia is a different beast altogether. They'll mostly be relying on the Aussies themselves, I don't know how known AEW is over there though tbf. Then again there's 30,000 seat stadiums in Oz they might fill. Some of the larger ones probably not though.

Who knows, I didn't think they'd fill Wembley as much as they did last year and happily ate humble pie.

• Advertisement

Now I could be wrong here but I dont think they'll have the same amount of seats available in Wembley

Yeah I'm heading over to the TV tapings in Cardiff then on down to London for it.

You're correct. This year it's about 50,000 (maybe 60,000) if they sell available compared to last year which was able to hold, I think 80,000.

There's still plenty of seats available though and I'm okay with buying the day off from someone re-selling, considering that's how I lost my shirt having to sell it on last year 🤣

Fulham's womens team will be sponcered by AEW this coming season.

Pretty cool.

Must be the first time a wrestling company has sponsored a soccer team?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭kksaints

Been watching some of MJF's media duty interviews when in was over in England, He reallly is brilliant and calling out all the Youtube aggregators straight to their faces that they push false information fed to them by WWE PR while they just sit there head bowed and have no comeback for him denying it.

All In 2025 is going to be in Arlington, Texas. Globe Life Field, July 12th.

• Advertisement

All In 2025 is in Texas

Advertisement