Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bricks & Mortar Bike shop for CX bikes

• 13-08-2024 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

BTW scheme is coming around and i decided i might just treat myself and get a shiny new one to get dirty.

unfortunatley i cannot avail of online stores or ones not on BTW - 1st port of call would be decathlon.

Any recommendations?

thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Last port of call??!

I've never seen any decent bikes actually in stock on the floor in Decathlon.

Superstore are good for actual stock. Bike worx too though mainly road bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

Try Garys bikes in Sligo, lads in club in Gorey have bought there, they do nationwide delivery too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Remind me where your based Seanin? Jimmy Stagg is a good one if near Dublin, as he races CX as well so will have actual experience of what you actually need/want. CSS usually have a good supply but the same as ordering online in that regard. Seeing as you were going to go online anyway, most bike shops will be able to get the CX bike of the brand you want if they stock that brand. So might be better going to the closest that stocks the brand of the CX bike you want, and they should be able to order it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭seanin4711

RE- Decathlon - i do like their CX bike circa 1500- or it was anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Suppose it is much of a muchness then anyway. Personally, as it is B2W, pick your 5 closest LBS, see what brands they stock, and then pick based on the bike you want and which shop closest to you stocks that brand. Price will be much of a muchness as there will be no bargaining with the B2W. then you have the brand/bike you want and an LBS you can go to if there are any issues. Nothing wrong with buying online but it is a pain in the hole when things go wrong and in this scenario, there is no benefit in going further away from home.

Also, not what you asked, I love my Cube CX, racy, fast and despite being a CX bike is more than racy enough to get away as a road back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭casion3

Donedeal always worth a look. Some good CX bikes come up from time to time at excellent value

Advertisement