Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Not been great so far.

Doesn't look like there's much going on in mid field. Few times it's just been head down and dribble into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Lots of possession but not a lot to show for it. I would like to see Aaronson playing more centrally instead of Piroe to see how he goes.

Boro nearly scored a second.

Nothing to suggest we aren't a mid table side going by the first 50 minutes.

We definitely miss Gray and Summerville.

Can't believe Bamford is still employed by the club.

Darlow has kept us in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Can see Farke not making it to Xmas, things are just not right and haven't been for a while ……can also see Sheffield utd and Burnley bullying the division to promotion like the top 2 last year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

depressing seeing us cut open with a through ball like that

Bamford assist, 2:0

Look we know our squad is thin, tonight just shows how thin. Desperate stuff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Conceding three at home is pathetic. Doing it twice in 5 days is unacceptable. Where the hell are our defence?

3:0. As you were.

Same thing happened in the Prem. Raph and Philips sold and we are the whipping boys.

You don't sell your best players and expect the same results.

• Advertisement

Pfff.... absolute pish

Poor every where. Boro exceedingly better man for man by the look of it.

Did I just see Bamford miss a sitter there? What are the odds?

we desperately need another striker before this window closes. Genuinely can’t see the point of Bamford still being around - in on a true ball there and there was never a doubt of him not getting a shot off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

At least Hinchcliffe is happy for a change.

All any team needs to do against us is pack the defence because they'll know we have no ideas how to get through it. Our defence went AWOL and up front we were bereft of ideas. This could be a long season unless we get a couple of decent quality players in to fix the obvious defects in the team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not a lot of point complaining about Bamford. Some idiot gave him a big contract and he’s not going anywhere else unless we pay him off. Best we can hope for is a US or Saudi club have a brain fart.

Just don't play him. He is a liability. Better off not on the pitch.

Glad that is over. Ill watch a movie on Saturday instead. Pity the Olympics are over.

so pay him 70k a week to sit on the bench…….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Offer accepted for rutter from Brighton in case anyone needs cheering up

• Advertisement

£40m release clause activated apparently. No way he'll stay in the Championship, so the board will have no choice but to go out and spend some money now, especially after tonight's shambolic display.

Buy for £35M, and allow a release clause for £40m? Seems like the work of a certain brain donor alright.

The only thing is, Rutter is so wasteful with the ball. Much as its fantastic to watch him in full flight, i was going to post about the amount of times he loses the ball, after the match on Saturday. If it allows us to buy 4 players that we need, maybe it won’t be so bad.

There might be a bit more profit than just £5m. As I recall, the £35m included add-ons. No idea how much of the total they constituted, but I'd sincerely doubt that any of the targets were hit as they probably assumed we'd still be in the PL. And the low release clause amount relative to the fee we paid may have been the only way we could get him to sign in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Haven’t started to follow things closely so far, clearly not an ideal start, I still have faith in manager, I just hope owners will back him, losing all our best players, need to buy or loan some legit talent asap, not sure how we stand in the ffp area but obviously if Rutter goes then we surely have all that to reinvest which is a lot in championship

It’s up to Rutter now apparently.

Can’t see him staying but does love the club apparently. If he goes then I can see Gnonto being out the door very quickly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Szmodics anyone ???

Thats it then.

49ers stripping our assets. Although there is nothing they can do about release clauses if the player wants to go.

Gnonto next.

I am sceptical that a lot of this £100 million would be going back into the Leeds team.

We will do well to stay up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Very worrying start to the season and new owners not making life easy on themselves with lack of quality replacements to players we're losing. Next 2 weeks will tell a lot as to what their real intentions are.

the contract should be a sunk cost from the clubs perspective and they should be looking to get rid of him - not playing him just because he has a large salary.

Look at Jack Rodwell at Sunderland. If the player doesn’t cut the mustard you don’t play them for old times sake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We were terrible last night and now Rutter is almost certainly gone. I think now is maybe the time to be a little bit worried.

There's no need to panic here. Last night just showed that we need more players, something we all knew already. Maybe Farke felt the need to highlight this early doors, who knows what conversations are held behind the scenes.

Yes Pat showed why he isn't good enough but he was far from alone last night. Wober certainly did nothing to win over fans! Nobody played well so it just shows that once we go beyond the first 11 we're struggling.

One point I saw made that has merit is that our back 4 have never played together as a group but also our RB/RCB and LB/LCB combinations have never played together either so it will take time for these lads to gel and get to know each other better. Farke needs to trust them by sticking with them for a period even if results aren't going well.

Georginho going will be a massive blow. All we can hope for is that this has been anticipated and replacements are lined up and discussions have already taken place. As Neewollah said, the next two weeks will show what this board are all about. I'll hold off judgement until the window has closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Rutter agrees to leave Leeds

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think you are giving the owners far too much credit here. They categorically stated that they wanted the squad finished by the start of the season to avoid what happened last season as that ultimately cost us promotion. So far this transfer window has been an unmitigated disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

How dare you be so rational.

Though hard not to feel glum as Rutter also departs. Club again leaving it late to do business. Hardly in the 49ers interest for us to languish in the Championship.

Season over and the transfer window hasn't even closed yet.

You don't replace four of your best first team starters with 15 days left to get deals done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Can only hope board knew we would have to wait and hold tough to get decent prices but have replacements lined up chosen by farke. A 20goal + striker would be a good start.

You may well be right, I'm trying my best to give them until the end of the window to repair the damage done to the squad. Like I said, only then can we be clear on what we have for the season ahead. But make no mistake, I'm as concerned as anyone about how this window has gone, I've said it a number of times. We need to replace like with like and so far we're miles off that. Georginho was also a hugely positive character in the squad, he will be hugely missed, moreso than Cree I feel. The 49ers have two weeks to give us some hope for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Talksport saying Leeds offered Rutter a new deal, would that not have been an idea say a month ago or even 1 week ago what's the saying about after the horse has bolted, not all too fussed he's brilliant and bloody awful in equal measure but losing him and Summerville while playing Bamford and Geldhart last night sticks in the throat a little

But all these players jumping ship first opportunity to mediocrity I'd be inclined to say **** em, Brighton/Brentford/Bournemouth? even Archie Gray couldn't wait to get to Spurs who last won a major trophy in black and white, the PL really is the be all and end all no matter the level in it

Mediocrity in the prem is better than mid table in the championship. It's about progressing their careers, premiership is the next step up in the English leagues. Naturally players want to progress to the bigger stage, they don't want to be wasting time, stagnant, giving the championship a go for a few years.

• Advertisement

One thing I will add, if Farke still thinks Piroe can replace Georginho in the 10 role we're doomed!

Who is the new phil hay lads?

he’s a massive loss. Could rely on what he knew at the club and now we have a few people who are often proved wrong.

I’ve unsubscribed from the athletic with him gone from covering Leeds so at least saved a few euro

Same here, subscription is up next month and I've cancelled the renewal.

Have we any twitter person similar to him?

Adam Pope is probably the next best, but really nobody has been at the level of Phil Hay.

In other news, Kalvin Phillips is joining Ipswich on a season long loan. I really feel sorry for Kalvin the way his career has gone. He made a move that, to be fair, few players would have turned down. But then finding himself competing with Rodri for the same spot meant there was only ever going to be one winner. The loan move to West Ham was disastrous, probably due to a combination of lack of game time and lack of confidence before he moved. To now end up at Ipswich is a bit ignominious. Hopefully he'll have a good season there and it might put him in the shop window for a permanent move to a bigger club.

Supporters trust have been in contact.

Basically said the decision is Rutters to make, the trust is annoyed, like everyone, that they sold big players with no replacements. That the picture painted by Parrag at the start is completely different in reality. Nothing will be communicated to the fans from the club on the transfers/players until after the window closes.

Incredible.....

American owners, naive of us to expect anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

New Phil Hay is Nancy Froston. Huge boots to fill and hasn't exactly hit the ground running. She always seems to a bit behind with the news. Graham Smyth in the YEP isn't much better and I'm not a big fan of Popey to be honest.

All went to pot when Phil left but towards the end you got the feeling that his sources in the club had dried up a little and he wasn't able to break the big stories the way he had been previously.

I'm never one to get too excited one way or another when it comes to players arriving or departing but this latest one has hit hard. The circumstances are shocking if the written word is to be believed but as someone says, everyone wants to play in the Premier League and it's so hard to compete with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement