Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 06750931

I got a hob 60cm wouldn't fit due to the depth.....nightmare…

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KJ2023

hi!
    anyone in row 28-34 done with the second snag yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭helper1989

@06750931 - that is unusual. What’s the way around for this then. I thought they are all standard sizes

You'll have to cut it out...or else it won't be flush with the countertop

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DoctorRV

Just fyi…Electro City is comparatively cheaper for same appliance models available at Telfords/Harvey Norman.

• Advertisement

that’s good to know, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kymbrady

Hi @KJ2023, we are still waiting to be called for our second snag row 28-34

for this who have moved in, when did you buy home insurance? Was that needed for drawdown? If so, how did you decide on the start date?

thank you

You need to have home insurance before drawing down. I’m 28-34 and although we have not even done our second snag yet, our home insurance is in place from this month onwards.. I'm just hoping we get in soon now

thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I was only on the phone yesterday to get the home insurance sorted. They advised me that when I know for certain that I'm getting the keys and moving in to ring them and give them the start date and then can start the policy then. Might not be the same for all insurers 🤷‍♂️

When I was sorting mine I pushed it to start for August as I genuinely thought we would be in now.. we were waiting too but our broker had told us we were outstanding with the home insurance and MP to get sorted before drawdown but again, we all had high hopes we would be in by now🥲 I had explained we were still waiting and no questions asked that I can remember.. but I’m sure once you get a date for keys, you can just call up and it will be in place there and then in time for drawdown ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 18 najra

I got update from EA and Joe that they are currently doing snagging in number 29 so probably you will hear something soon.

Did your bank do final valuation before you were call for snagging as we cannot go with home insurance without final valuation?

Oh great, thanks for the update! ☺️

Once we were called to do first snag, I asked EA can we book in our valuation too which she said yes as it was ready, so once snag was done we had someone out about 2/3 days after to do the val and sent it straight to the bank, which was accepted without needing another.

That’s correct you will need final valuation done before getting home insurance for the costs.. you should be able to get the final val done now though! ☺️

Post edited by kymbrady on

Hi

Any updates? ☺️

Update from EA today:

“We are currently snagging no.30 & working backwards 

We should be calling yours in for snagging hopefully early to mid September”

I wonder are they doing 34 down to 28, or 28 up to 34 in them orders.

If you don’t mind me asking, are you in row 28-34 also?

I'm confused by these updates. Yesterday we got info they are doing 29, today they are apparently in 30 and doing snags backwards... So either I don't know what backwards means or they don't know what and where they are doing 🤣

@najra im sitting here thinking the exact same thing😂

I’d imagine they are going higher to lower but who tf knows what they are upto..judging by the different updates we are getting from EA. I’m not 28-34 I’m just a bit down the road.

• Advertisement

I’ve just emailed the EA and the response back is they are hoping to snag 33 today / tomorrow.
    Seems they are all over the shop at this stage. Very annoying how poor communication is with them!

Joe told me he doesn’t want any new reports on second snags also. If anything is still wrong he will be told from my end😂

Yeah I suppose they’re living up to how they have been historically as seen throughout this thread.

Unfortunately this uncertainty means applying for mortgage extension AGAIN for me! Such a pain but it is what it is.

Yep, the thought of having to potentially get another LOF! And if your valuation exceeds 4 months, the bank requires a short valuation done also. Infuriating to say the least!

hi guys , I honestly think they say what they want us to hear , I’m no.34 and I emailed yesterday as I have drawn down and I’m good to go so wanted to see what was the hold up on their end and joe informed me there’s no such thing as second snag and that they were on 34 yesterday 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I’m no.33 so that’s why they’ve obviously told me that this morning then.

Sounds exactly like they are just telling us what we want to hear. Don’t know how they’ve gone from 29 to 30 to 34 and now 33 in two days.

Yeah he told me when I asked this morning that it’s a de snag and not a second snag so he does not want another list. I assumed de snag and second meant to same thing!

God knows when we are going to get in. I hope soon as you have drawn down already!! But I wonder is the access still blocked off?

The access is not blocked off. Just your house may be locked if no works are ongoing.

They have to open road as they already gave keys to some people so access is necessary. However road still need second layer of tar. We were there yesterday evening and for me bungalows look like ready for snag just cleaning needed. And as you all said they are telling us what they think we want to hear however I would like to know true state of works and timing for bank as we also need to extend loan again in that case. Plus bank is asking every few weeks if we get some news about completion date.

Hey guys

I was in park lane last night due to access now being open and I have to say, apart from the rest of the road needing to be tarred, the place looks spotless! Obviously I could only see in the window of my own property and already happy with how clean it looks from the parts I could see. Super quiet also.

I can’t see us who are waiting to be called for second snag being left to wait much longer. If anyone would like certain pictures taken and sent across I can go back up and do so👍🏼😌

Post edited by kymbrady on

Hi

I was talking to the lads on site on Friday all the terraced houses will be handed over within the next 2 weeks. Not sure if you can go by that but they were fairly certain saying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 GG_AZ

Hello All,

I was called for 2nd Snag last week.

The house was properly cleaned and all the snag points raised were resolved as well.

The Road work is also, finished and ready for use. You can drive up to the estate.

Property between: 43-48

Advertisement