Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 24/25

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I presume there will be no more than 2 games on at the same time each weekend otherwise viewers in ROI will miss out as there is no online facility beyond UK?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They said that they're launching a dedicated rugby channel, so that would be 3 channels available. I can't remember any more than two games being on at the same time in recent years though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Indeed.

There are two channels presently available. Only there aren’t really because every match weekend there will be Premier League, La Liga, SPFL, NHL, NASCAR etc that they will also want to show. The Premier League 3pm won’t be moved for anything, it is their top subscription driver. All of this mean the space to broadcast the promised 14 matches every weekend really isn’t there at present. Hence the need for the third channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I suspect also that premier sport will be more sympathetic towards Irish games and not be giving us crap kick-off times in the future as BT sport often did in the past

Not sure if they had any influence on the current schedule but it's certainly better than last years one

Advertisement