Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Umbrella Academy [Netflix] [**SPOILERS**]

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I might have been making the Luther stuff up. There was a throwaway mention of Sloane, then there his behaviour at the party, and his kinda mournful look around all the kids etc. I felt the actor knew more about what Luther was going through personally than the writers - definitely felt like they were setting up something personal for him to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was sure he said something about Sloane as if they broke up recently. But was looking it up and apparently she didn't make it to this timeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Yeah, not a single mention in the series either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I wonder how much the budget was cut for the season. Someone pointed out on Reddit. That their was no big dance number featuring the Hargraves this year either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They had the dance with Jean and Gene instead.

Think one place the dodgy effects stood out was when the wife's head was placed on David Cross' body. It looked bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The effects of the mutated Ben and Jennifer looked dreadful as well. The budget was obviously cut to within an inch of its life with the shortened run and the lack of powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The more i think about it, the less I like the story, but we discovered some spectacular actors over the 4 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

God yeah that really stuck out. My first thought was that they wanted to keep the reveal so secret that they had another actor stand-in on the day and then CGI'd the wife's head on after, and then I remembered, nobody would have given a f*ck about the reveal. It's not like there had to be a great deal about secrecy to prevent spoilers. Most people forgot about the show until the trailer was released a few weeks before the final season.

Advertisement