Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Recliner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

Oh holy mother of god ….

Ok, I saw 5 buskers/music acts. One was a band who looked looked they were promoting their own stuff with a few covers. Very very good and about 30 watching them.

Another was playing the main main plaza, kinda county n Irish so not my thing but families were enjoying it.

One lad was playing guitar to himself and enjoying his singing.

None of the above were looking for tips, though I think the first act might have been selling a CD.

Two others I did see where they added atmosphere to the street but only one of them deserved a tip, the other lad didnt as he was poor.

Brings in a small but badly needed bit money into town and no one is in your face with a begging bowl.

Acts vary but thats the same everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Massive turn out on the Plaza last night, builders must still be on their holidays ref the new performance space planned for the Friary.

Sad to see 3/4 people sleeping under the main guard over the last few nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

also sad to see the total disrespect and behaviour in Thomas street for people provided with accommodation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Lightscribe

Great to see such a huge turnout for the Olympians yesterday evening. A really positive event (bar the little toe rag that threw something at them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Woodcutting

there seems to be some sort of emergency accommodation being provided down there. Pretty much daily the gardai are there dealing with drug dealers and various drug users etc. all of them well known to anyone who is on the town regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Expunge

That and the sound was atrocious. Couldn't hear most of the speakers properly.

Also some of the blazers from the Rowing Club went on a bit. Event could have been managed a lot better.

They had two weeks to prepare for it.

Thomas street is near the railway, is this the old telecom site? I think someone posted before about druggies there at the old telecom place

I once saw a guy in Cork playing the spoons but in time to a tape of someone else's music. Bit cheeky I thought but I gave him some money. At least he was trying. So was the guy you say was poor. Maybe he'll get better. Unlike the druggies who just sit with their hand out. They don't even make an effort.

• Advertisement

no a couple of houses adjacent to there in a little cul de sac. Every night I pass there is something going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tommiekly84

Fr. Paul Murphy was the priest who got attacked in Galway last night. He was in St. Peter and Paul's for a good few years. Lovely man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭2 fast

Post edited by 2 fast on

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭awny

hi all, looking to get my attic converted. Just wondering what builders in town ye would recommend for it? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Ceepo

So it seems there won't be road works for 8 months between Abbott roundabout and the Cashel road roundabout. Long delays id imagine coming in town around 4.o clock daily so. Now my first reaction was, that it will help traffic management in the long term by adding an additional lane and some restructure of the existing lay out. However someone said that there's a planning application at the bottom of the hill, and indicated that the road way will be active narrowed by 3m and to include a new cycle lane. Well if that's true,it will be a disaster.

Also I see new traffic lights have been erected at the Connelly Park ,Western rd junction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Expunge

Any idea what's happening with Cantwell Street?

I presume it'll be one way when it reopens but which way?

Up towards St. Lukes or down towards Irishtown?

One way from Western road towards Irishtown. They have also narrowed the road at the Irishtown side of that junction if you're coming up towards the traffic lights. You almost have to cross the white line now to pass up. Especially if you're driving a medium/large size van or truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭dahat

By narrowing the road it will may slow down traffic 7 make the road safer for all users. The addition of a cycle lane is welcome & i for one really appreciate this as currently its one of the most dangerous roads to use as a non driver.

• Advertisement

Id imagine that is the purpose of narrowing the road, how ever that's not going to help the traffic particularly at 4pm onwards. There seems to be plenty of scope to allow for the building 2 lanes coming down the hill at still allowing a cycle lane to be put in. Speed ramps or similar could also be put in to help slow down traffic. You could also included most of the other approach roads and roads around the playing the dangerous road category. Just look at anywhere along the bypass from that roundabout to Monagarrif. Cahir road into town, Old bridge etc etc. To add to this the cycle lanes they do put in are usually a token gesture, which just seems to stop randomly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

They also need to put speed bumps along the Heywood Rd coming down from the rugby club. Apparently there has already been money allocated for this and they haven't done it. The speed of traffic coming up and down that hill is crazy, especially when you've kids from the halting site out on the road constantly.

How do you know money has been set aside for speed bumps on Haywood coming down from rugby club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

Pat English was quoted as saying it in an article about traffic calming elsewhere in town.

I'm assuming it's the section of road from the rugby club as the rest of the Heywood Rd already has speed bumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Its more than speed which affects Coleville Road. They put up bollards to stop anyone parking near the school. They still ignore them and park beside them, couldn't give a shite about anyone else's child as long as their little Mary doesn't have to walk 000 metres to a free car park. They park both sides of the bridge and the buses barely have space to pick up the children for rural destinations. Guards need to get up there and stop if all and come back again and again and book them. Then start on the Presentation school where they have parking but can't be arsed going in there. Enforce the laws we have and just maybe it might make a difference.

Where is the traffic warden then? I agree with you. But, in fairness, where else would they go that is anywhere near the Loreto school.? Whereever they go they will be illegally parked

Couldn't they park in the free car park at the other side of the bridge, or the small one on the quay. .

They don't have to park on the bridge.

Post edited by Ceepo on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

There’s a free car park less than 100 metres away - they are secondary students, 12 years plus, they can wal, 200 metres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

On a positive note, I see the bus service is getting more and more popular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement