Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach Experience Discussion Thread

1616263646567»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭chasm

Yeah I understand that, I probably should have left that out as it's not really relevant to the issue. How does she book a seat for the child is the main problem. She is travelling from Dublin Airport so she seems quite limited in her options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It couldnt be clearer, there must be a paying adult on the ticket before you can add a child. A travel pass isnt a paying customer.

It could be a lot clearer. She is travelling with a 6 year old, she wants to book her seat and one for the child. She wants to pay for the child's ticket, but due to the set up on the website she can not add a child to the booking!

So travel pass holders can not travel with their children unless they forego their travel pass and pay the adult fare?🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭91wx763

DC take travel passes, they just do not have an option to purchase a ticket for a child on the same booking. DC tell you on social media to "book online to guarantee your seat", but this is impossible in this circumstance, so she is expected to turn up and hope there are 2 seats available.

Having spoken to a few people about this since it appears it is also impossible to purchase a young adult/ student card along with any other tickets aswell. I'll leave it at that on here now, as i will be following this up on her behalf with a few relevant departments, I note also that it appears to be common knowledge that they do not respond to customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Where does the National Transport Authority come into all this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Following up will do you no good as the online seat reservation for travel pass's is not a requirment of the scheme.

Anyway I beleive the child if under 12 will travel free so just book two adult seat reservations.

Instead of listening to hearsay you could have actually emailed or called DC.

As stated in my first post, she did phone them,( 3 times and I called them twice )- no response. She also emailed them, messaged them on social media and filled in the online contact form - They haven't bothered responding. She was sat beside me whilst trying to phone them and showed me all the attempts she has made to contact them. It's not hearsay.

The seat reservations are not free, if she books 2 adult seats she has to pay for them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

I have never seen them full, it is more lightly they don't run a bus/have a breakdown. You should be more concerned with ensuring your friend can find the Dublin Coach pickup point in the airport. They also don't believe in paying for signage.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Jameslee23

on the king line now bus won’t go into gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

spotted one one of their buses departing Burgh quay last night with no rear window, it was covered with a plastic sheet!

How & why? is this allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Apparently O'Sullivan's wife is high up in the NTA might explain how they get away with so much.

Post edited by mikeybhoy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭john boye

Not a hope that's true 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭flyer_query

It’s dumb comments like this that make your account a laughing stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

A 181 Merc with the M1 branding on it passed me today.

It was making some racket I'd say it needs serious attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭chrisd2019

How's it a dumb comment? I was merely stating rumour I heard

So I'm a laughing stock for posting speculation about how DC are allowed operate obivously unroadworthy vehicles. Seriously it's obvious there's some sort of corruption at play whether it be the NTA, DoT or RSA.

It should be obvious that the owners of DC are using connections be they industry or personal connections to continue operating. It's already been said that DC would not get away with their business practices in other jurisdictions so why are they getting away it here? It's obviously some form of corruption.

If I ran a restaurant with rats and poor hygiene practice I would told to sort out the issue or be shut down why is it any different for a bus operator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

One going around Limerick with a big chunk of the rear bumper tie-wrapped back on to the rest of the bumper. Their 310 buses around the city are absolutely manky on the outside and are not a good look to have going about the place.

It's insane this company is still allowed operate.

The Facebook group someone mention that national express might be interested in buying Dublin Coach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Banzai600

these coaches that do the airport runs etc, only a matter of time, their driving is shocking, ive seen them tailgate artics on the m50 barreling along with ppl on board not even a cars distance apart, cutting up others etc. and the other shower who traverse dublin city to the airport, ***ing assho!es , aggressive, reckless driving.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Would be great news for customers on the DC routes. The DE service to Belfast is excellent, it would be a big improvement for DC customers if they brought the same DE coaches and service.

it would be and also their bus fleet they replace every 10 years

Advertisement