Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMT 24/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is what I'm currently looking at…

Still have £1m in the bank, Wood is a punt, but one that I'm at peace with - great opening fixtures and been banging them in during preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

I think Nkunku, Eze and Wood are risky. I wouldn't mind having one or two, but three is too much for me, I'd wait and see how they're going and maybe look at either wildcarding early doors if needed, or saving transfers and doing a mini-WC around GW5. I don't see the need to gamble early on, with the amount of proven, reasonably priced players elsewhere.

My own team:

Henderson / Valdimarsson

4.5 / 4.0 GKs (currently Henderson in the 4.5 spot, but might go Flekken)

Konsa / Martinez / Livramento (Faes / Barco)

Saka / Salah / Palmer / Gordon (Bergvall)

Watkins / Solanke / Isak

Thoughts:

GKs not yet set in stone. Defo going 4.5 / 4.0 but keep changing to Flekken instead of Henderson, which is why Flekken’s back-up is sub keeper

DEF is definitely my weakest area. Given the big guns up front, sacrifices have to be made so 3 x 4.5s and a couple of 4.0 enablers.

MID is perfect, I think. All proven FPL assets and can easily switch to pretty much anyone with minimal transfers, if needed. Bergvall hopefully won’t be used much but is worth a punt. If he starts games, his price will skyrocket.

FWD line is also pretty decent, bar no Haaland of course. I’ll be keeping an eye on Mateta though, and bringing him in for Solanke if he hits the ground running.

Overall thoughts: No city players is a bit worrying but other than Haaland, I don’t really see many other City players in pretty much every other squad I’ve seen.

Konsa is a steal, I think, as is Martinez. Not happy with Livramento, Newcastle’s defense is a minefield. Looked like Trippier was leaving, which would have been great for Liv, but not so sure anymore. He’s prob the most versatile of their back line, though, and likely to get more minutes than everyone bar Trippier and maybe Schar. I’ll ditch him for someone better, though, if I can find someone.

Thoughts? Am I mad putting all my funds in the front 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

would you not have Muniz or Solanke to start the season, then switch to Watkins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Think Hall seems to be the 4.5m Newcastle defender to own. Wouldn't touch the United defence, Scout has Dalot/Evans/Maguire/Martinez as the starting back 4, they're not keeping any CSs with that four

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I think Winks is the go to for 5th mid, slim chance you'll want to 3x spurs, Bergvall won't be 1 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Just my two cents on Winks. He's 13% owned and and he is susceptible to dropping in value more so than other players at the 4.5 price point. You'll only be playing him in emergencies and obviously don't want to lose value on a player you won't play. Sangare might be a better shout, minutes are as safe and only owned by 1.8% currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Like the good Padre says, I think Winks is a model to drop in price. God forbid he picks up a knock in the first couple of GWs or something, if you're gonna have a min price player on your bench the last thing you need is him dropping to 4.4. I prefer someone who's a bit of a punt but is less likely to drop before I need him.

Newcastle fans on Reddit seem to think that it will be a toss up between Hall and Livra most GWs. while they're competing for the same spot essentially, Livra can play in more positions across the backline, and seems to be their preferred option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I won't reveal how many drafts I've made but this feels like the first I'm happy with overall.

GK: Henderson - gone cheap for my GK and feel he edges Flekken for the best value at that price. I've backed Palace to finish top 10 this season following their great end to last season even with the loss of Olise. Eze needs to stay obviously. Back up keeper will be a 4.0 fodder, currently Matthews but may change to allow more Palace cover.

DFs: Hall, Gvardiol, TAA (Barco, Harwood-Bellis)

Starting the season with Lewis Hall - fancy Newcastle to be more solid defensively this season and at 4.5, is a good pick attacking wise too.

Gvardiol - toss up between him and Gabriel/Saliba. Fancy him more to start the season well.

TAA - pricey but first player in my team.

Barco - good 4.0 player to start and will start when necessary, prob GW4. Harwood-Bellis, cheap 4.0 cover who starts.

MFs - Saka, Jota, Gordon, Eze (Sangare)

Saka - prefer him to Salah, especially at the price point. Fancy Arsenal to do well again this season with Saka at the heart of this.

Jota - always liked Jota FPL wise and good cover for Salah. Potentially great value if he stays fit.

Gordon - loved Gordon last year and again, feel Newcastle will do well this season. Good price.

Eze - massively owned which I dislike but can understand why. Hope he stays at Palace with the City rumours.

Sangare - cheap 4.5 that isn't highly owned. Might be Franca at Palace.

FW's: Haaland, Isak, Wood

Haaland - pricey but I'd rather have him and make a decision to get rid than the other way around. Prefer to have him over Salah too.

Isak - if he plays consistently, he could be some value. Prob my captain in GW1

Wood - a risk but a low risk IMO given his ownership. Might be Muniz but I prefer Wood for now and his opening 3 fixtures.

Feel free to pick it apart! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

With no pool attaching cover could easily go Jota for eze/nkuku with the 1m, nice balanced team but if not going Salah think jota is a good coverage point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Current draft

Defence

Had Martinez in GK and Hall but swapped with Pope/ Konsa as a safer pair. Happy enough with the rest but bit nervous over no City defender.

Midfield

Had wanted Son and had Gordon for a long time but feel Bruno will start well and needed Jota for Pool coverage with no Salah.

Forward

Haaland and Isak in as default. Thought Pedro was great value but concerned in medium term as theres not much better options to move onto.

One option is to go with a 4.5 forward and upgrade Sangare to ESR or Minteh and go 352

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭Invincible

Good team and logical thinking about ownership /drops 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,060 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Flekken 4m

TAA Porro Mykolenko Faes 4m

Salah Gordon Eze Hudson-Odi 4.5m

Haaland Isak Muniz

I’m unsure on Eze now amid transfer speculation. But I don’t fancy any 6.5m or 7m mid. Maybe tempted by Bailey. Would he be a good pick?

Flekken over Henderson just cause I slightly prefer their fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,421 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is it crazy to say that the FPL Review influence on here seems bigger than it’s ever been? Lots of teams looking like they’d be popular on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Still think Eze is a good shout, could be an easy swap to Nkuku in gw2 if move seems likely, the .5 can upgrade your 3/4 def spot, good balance to rest team overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Not sure of Liverpool defence, could opt for Quansah, if you fixed on having them. gives cash to boost midfield a little. Porro an option too. Decent subs, had Andersen but dropped for Barco to get extra 0.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,864 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I like it but you have the same issue as me - no premium midfield meansthat you can't go get to Foden/saka/son/Palmer easily, you ll have to do with a minimum of 2 transfers, maybe 3.

You have 3 premium defenders if you include the keeper, maybe worth downgrading Raya to a 4.5 to free up funds for this, although like myself you'll still have to downgrade one of the front 3 to get in a premium midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭munster87

All the aids have teams very similar these days unfortunately

That's a very solid team.

Great balance of money spent across all positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Last day decision to even enter and I've watched no pre season. Any advice welcomed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Lads. I just don't f*cking know.

Over the last three weeks, work has been hectic, the little one had chickenpox, all of us had covid and I just don't know where to start this year.

Is it just me or it seems like it's one of the hardest years to pick an opening team?

This is where I'm at now. Far too loaded in defence. One of Robertson/VVD has to go.

Fantasy Football Manager, theres a free and paid version

Trippier is a doubt I think and I think you need one of Salah or Haaland to start out as it'll be difficult get either in if they hit form

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

At least 3 if not 4 of your defenders need to go.

There are a couple of 4m enabling defenders available.

New Team:

Pickford

Saliba - Gvardiol - Porro

ESR - Foden - Nkunku - Saka

Jaoa Pedro - Haaland - Isak

Bench: Turner - Konsa - Bednarek - Dendoncker

Pickford because I think clean sheets will be scarce again, but he's good for save points.

Thinking that blank sheets won't be that common, the three in defence all contribute to goals. I think I'd prefer White over Saliba, but can't squeeze the extra .5 for him.

Smith Rowe might be a gamble, but I always liked him at Arsenal. It'll be interesting to see where he's deployed at Fulham.

I think this could be a great year for Foden as it appears KDB's torch is being passed to him. After a dreadful summer, I'm sure he'll be desperate to start scoring again.

Saka is Saka, expecting another good season from him.

Nkunku's spot is an absolute toss up between him, Rice and Garnacho.

OK, I got the fear of leaving Haaland out when I saw his ownership levels. Isak was always in my team, and Jaoa Pedro looks the best cheap forward.

The bench is rarely gonna be used, so they're the cheapest options, that might get a point here or there.

Roll on 18.30 so I can stop tinkering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What you guys think

RAYA

TRENT GVARDIOL PORRO

JOTA SAKA GARNACHO EZE

WATKINS ISAK SOLANKE

MIGUEL

NKUNKU

GUEHI

FAES

Thats a pretty solid team. Trent was pretty sh*te last year though. Maybe an Arsenal defender instead? It's quite close to mine.

Pickford

Saliba - Gvardiol - Porro

ESR - Foden - Nkunku - Saka

Jaoa Pedro - Haaland - Isak

Bench: Turner - Konsa - Bednarek - Dendoncker

• Advertisement

Nobody in midfield to put a tackle in and protect the defence.

All joking aside,Watkins hasn't played a minute in pre season. He might not start and even if he does, how sharp will he be.

Advertisement