Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's what they'll want to hear but probably not what they're going to hear - the previous debates were Trump dragging his opponent down to his level and then trading insults instead of discussing policy because insults is all he has.

Also, coivd hit the world in march 2020 - ten months before the end of Trump's preidency, during which he suggested injecting bleach - so I'd argue it was Trump's ignorance and incompetence that lost the election.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Steps down? Zero.

Frocibly removed? Not in the timeframe needed for them to register a new candicate (Aug 31, I think, so two weeks).

Him surviving the assassination attempt might have been a blessing in disguise for the Democrats.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭chooseusername

….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

He's got an obsession with things being bigger than they seem. Everything from crowds to percentages of jobs to how many people love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Old bone spurs cannot have PTSD if you were to believe Jim Banks and other gop politicians because isn't a veteran

• Advertisement

Same bad financial advice, but in fairness to trump he actually got elected unlike hobbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Well that is what any rational person would do but given trump basically just repeated what he said months ago, they won't however.

Post edited by I.R.Y.E.D on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It would be silly to take that risk and lose a vote coming up to an election. It would be handing the Republican campaign a win for no reason and give them fodder for the run in to the election.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,748 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Schrödingers apartment sizes

Oversized for valuations

Undersized for tax calculations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I bet he's a Dr Who fan.

For tax purposes his apartments look like this:

However, for valuations, they look like this:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Good to hear you’re doing ok. I’m great thanks.

If you re read my post I attempted to separate the rape from the criminal convictions, maybe it wasn’t the clearest. I believe he raped the woman involved based on the evidence provided. His moral character is important to me. I thought it would be to you and voters like you. You’re ok to look past how he treats women?

As for protecting the nation: what about the classified documents, including nuclear secrets, lying around his hotel?

Project 2025 DOES NOT protect children. 90% of children who are abused, are abused by someone they know well or a family member. If the Heritage foundation get their way the barrier to reporting the abuse becomes enormous. A doctor will need a parents permission to administer a rape kit.

As for Harris, she’s the lesser of 2 evils. That’s how I usually feel about the Democratic Party candidates. I think she’s inherently a good person and will be better for the poor, working and middle class. She won’t do anything crazy and she will keep things steady. The worst you have to worry about is more people of colour and LGBTQ+ people feel safe to be themselves

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably not, but I think what happened last night was crucial because a) he was filmed saying it so nobody can claim his words were misinterpreted or taken out of context, b) said video can now be posted as a rebuttal, and c) he confirmed he met with Netanyahu (which he shouldn't have as he's not an elected and serving politician) and said it directly to him as opposed to the previous where he was just responding to an interview question.

So right there in that video clip we have Trump's own position on Israel directly from his own mouth, and which he has already directly advised Netanyahu/Israel of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭threeball

I'm a Creep,

I'm a Weirdo,

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't believe any of the GQP loons care the slightest bit about Gaza, we know this because they solely use it try and support trump who wants to end Gaza. Each time when questioned about it, it just becomes a pantomime where they refuse to engage on any facts.

They are utterly motally bankrupt in this area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh absolutely, but now when they start crowing about how bad Harris/Biden have been regarding Israel and that Trump would be better, claims without evidence can be dismissed with actual evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

I had "eliquis apixaban" a while back from a leg cast pulmonary embolism and Xareltio a year later as a preventative measure during a follow up casting.

Jesus Christ, look at the cost of them!!! Even with the reduction… The US is fecked in so many ways

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dara O'Briain had a bit in one of his standup shows about how as he was spending more time in the UK he'd miss developments in Ireland, like the Eddie Hoobs phenomenon: "I'm out of the country for three months and when I come back our biggest national icon was a guy from Cork who'd wander round supermarkets pulling things off shelves going 'This is very dear!'"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The prospect of 'everybody getting health care' used as a negative political attack - I know we all focus on how moronic and rambling Trump is (with good cause), but always worth remembering how fundamentally cruel & evil Trumpism and the GOP is at its rotten core.

And sadly, the actual Democratic party stance on this isn't really that much better than the Republican one. I bloody wish universal healthcare was a genuine Harris policy proposal.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-kamala-harris-wins-everybody-gets-health-care-1235081328/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Agreed - here is, I think on first read, a reasonable breakdown of how it might be implemented and the costing.

https://www.urban.org/research/publication/incremental-comprehensive-health-reform-how-various-reform-options-compare-coverage-and-costs

It will neither be cheap (cost about $7Tn over 10 years) nor easy to implement - this costing assumes all privately paid health insurance shifts to the government. It can be done, but I really don't see how they can remove the grip of the health insurers, the AMA and so on.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's their total disconnection from reality and the things that actually matter to people.

• "If they get elected , everyone will have healthcare"
    • "Tim Walz gave free meals to School kids"
    • "Tim Walz gave free sanitary products to school kids"

As if these things are people will be outraged by??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,391 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Low energy Trump getting weirder and weirder with his unhinged rants.

He should have just cut a deal on the multiple crimes he is charged with.

Whoever is running the social media for Harris is absolutely nailing it. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,391 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Corey Sex Pest Lewandowski has been rehired. We have entered next level desperation.

Can't wait for Walz and the shade that will be thrown at that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

What could they possibly come up with about a guy who had an affair with a married Puppy Killer that is now working for an adjudicated Sexual assaulter and a guy who is aroused by soft furnishings?

I mean there's nothing inherently hilarious about that at all.

No Sir , nothing funny there whatsoever..

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Honestly… a lot of them would be, yeah. They are temporarily embarrassed billionaires and want to be able to keep that "Future" cash to themselves

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I mean, you do have to laugh at these two consecutive lines on Lewandowski's Wikipedia page.

"In September 2021 it was reported that he had made sexual advances towards the wife of a major Trump donor, leading to a Trump spokesman saying Lewandowski 'will no longer be associated with Trump World'.

On August 15, 2024, Lewandowski joined the 2024 Donald Trump presidential campaign as a senior advisor."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,143 ✭✭✭✭briany

If I wanted to watch some geezer of around 80 trot out the same old unfunny routine, sprinkled with misogyny and racism, I'd pre-order Chubby Roy Brown's next Christmas DVD.

Trump's speeches have become quite boring.

His act was fresh in 2016 when no-one could believe the kind of stuff he was getting away with saying. In 2024, we've heard it all before. The GoP is loaded with copycats and Trump's advancing age makes it difficult to put as much energy into his performances.

In true 'leopards ate my face' style, the Republicans plumped for a comically-ignorant narcissist and have received just that. Staff are basically on their knees begging Trump to just read what they wrote on the paper, and Trump's like, "Hm, no. I want to go off on weird tangents about Ka-mah-la instead."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I really believe the ones shouting about not paying for others children's school meals are the ones whose children go and come home from school hungry. They really can't see something that is benefiting them, and many others. Rich or poor, providing a nutritious meal, at least once a day, can only be a benefit to all !

• Advertisement

Whilst failing to recognise that the availability of affordable healthcare , education and food for their kids actually massively increases their chances of being successful in later life..

Advertisement