Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

1160161162163164166»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Darkness is running well at the moment and while I would prefer a larger field to guarantee the pace I think 9/2 is too big a price 6.50 New market.

Ready Freddy Go is the days best bet in the 7.05 Thirsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭AhhHere

King of cities placed nicely after challenging the front from the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Did the double as well but Darkness was never going to get the required pace in a small field.

• Advertisement

Nomenclature 8oc Tramore worth a little ew tonight also Dalileo at 12s is worth an ew bet in Perth at 7.05

Airshow 2.20 Southwell can fly in today at a track that suits likes to go off in front and can repay support at 5/1 with a claimer who gets on well with the horse.

Down to a winnable mark now and nailed on ew.

Brasil Power looks a good bet to win the 4.45 at Kempton today under a 5lb penalty for a recent win,the penalty is negated by the claim of the excellent claimer Tommy Jakes who is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Forza Orta won the 4.10 at York last year and looks to have been prepared with the race in mind again this year.

Looks a decent ew bet with 5 places ew available.Hollie Doyle on board the horse who likes the course and at around 10/1 is worth a bet.

• Advertisement

One more for York today.

In the 1.50 we read that low numbers are best but I disagree and think high or low offer the best chance and I avoid the middle numbers.

Bergerac in box 19 can run well once again in York at a big price.

With 6 or 7 places available there is value backing Bergerac at 22/1 ew.

Silky Wilkie Willkie be at the front I imagine and with his 7lb claimer up he may hang on to be involved (does not get 6furlongs at a strong pace ) and I will have a saver on him.

Bergerac got 6th at 28 to 1 so not too bad Paddy paying 6 online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭liamtech

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Best bet tomorrow at York is Metal Merchant in the 3 oc, a mile handicap worth 150,000 pounds.

A few good handicappers chasing this pot and in form local trainer David OMeara has 6 runners.

One of his who won lto is New Image who will be well fancied with Oisin Murphy on board.

He must have a good chance but I strongly fancy 4year old Metal Merchant who has been running well in some big field handicaps over a mile and looks sure to go close here at around 10/1.

I will have a bit more on ew than I would normally have in a race like this as I believe he will be almost impossible to keep out of the places and should be very strong at the finish. Paddy Power and others go 6 places and we should take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just an FYI

Had not intended to get too involved today am waiting for one of my favourite races.the Ebor tomorrow at York and wil post my answer to that puzzle tonight.

However when looking at the York card today I backed four ew in single bets.

1.50 The 11 year old Euchen Glen can defy his age and get involved at around 14/1 ew 4 places.

3oc Andesite.a super trainer and the most underrated jockey riding Danny Tudhope should go close.

Big Evs 3.35 keeps running well and must have a good chance.

5.20 Dosman in a tricky handicap could be the answer 5 places available.

A horse that never raced would not normally be on my radar but I was told that Bambalam is supposed to be good (cost a lot at the breeze up sales having breezed very well) so I put a few quid ew on.

Bambalam runs in the 4.45 York.

The Ebor seems even harder than usual.Two who could go well are Naqueeb near the top of the weights but classy and Sea King trained by Mark Prescott both could be involved in what is a very tough handicap that one almost needs to be group class to win.

The Melrose handicap over the same trip provides a very good ew bet in Spaceport at 16 to 1.
    Reaching High is fancied and a short enough price but Spaceport beat him 17 lengths and is no worse off at the weights and is the value bet of the day at 16s 5 places.

Andaleep is not best drawn in the 5.20 York but that is well factored into the price 20/1 Pp who goe 5 places the horse is worth a few quid ew at a price that is too big.

Runs in the 3.35 Goodwood on softish today good ew bet

• Advertisement

A few for Saturday at decent ew prices.Bosh with a small saver on Buccabay 3.35 Ascot ew.

Euchen Glen getting old now but still running well is a very big price in the 2.25 Haydock.

Greatgadian could have been laid out by Varian for the 3.15 at Kempton worth 70.000 a 25 to 1 shot could be overpriced and worth a few quid ew with extra places on offer.

An ew patent for small stakes would be worth chancing.

Advertisement