Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Bus Network Changes Discussion

1415416417418419421»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,020 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I have seen them at Blanchardstown Centre and also at the bridge under the N3 at Mill Road (old entrance to Blanchardstown hospital). I assume they are also up along the Navan Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭thomasj

I've seen these in a few places the last few days , they're at blanchardstown centre , they're also on the railings just before the 39a enters the n3 inbound and a bit further down at the back of whitestown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I would appeal to people to please try to differentiate between "Spines" and "Core Bus Corridors" when they are posting, as they are two completely separate projects and given that most Spines operate on both sides of the city centre it's just confusing when people use that term when they are in fact referring to Core Bus Corridors.

The revised timetable on the 65, which involves two extra trips each way, and some additional running time for early morning journeys comes into effect from Monday, 26th August.

A new route 65a from Blessington to the Square will start on the same date filling a couple of gaps in the 65 timetable.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/news/nta-and-dublin-bus-announce-enhancement-to-service-in-the-tallaght-blessington-area

NTA and Dublin Bus announce enhancements to services in the Tallaght / Blessington Area

14 August 2024

Service levels on bus routes between Blessington/ Ballymore and Tallaght are to increase by almost 20% from Monday 26 August 2024. 

Under the new timetables, there will be four additional services daily on the 65 between Blessington/ Ballymore and Poolbeg St.

This means that the total number of inbound services to city centre increases to 18, and the total number of outbound services from the city centre increases to 17.

In addition, the 65A is to be introduced that will run from Blessington to Tallaght, Monday to Friday. This will serve the Square, Tallaght Hospital and offers onward connectivity via Luas and other bus services. There will be two departures from Blessington at 10.30 and 12.00, with a departure from Tallaght at 11.15.

These changes have been introduced as part of the TFI network of services.

View New 65a Timetable

View Revised 65 Timetable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is the new 65a route a bare bones version of the L44 that will eventually go between Blessington & Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭DaBluBoi

You'd think that, given GAI's Ballymount garage is closest to Tallaght, that they'd get to operate the 65a, but no. I suppose the 'A Spine' changes are still a couple years away. Also, I was under the impression that all 65 duties started from and ended in the city centre, asides from some morning or evening departures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭john boye

I don't think any 65s finish outside, apart from that afternoon schools turn?

Post edited by john boye on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭trellheim

The two signs I have seen for the B spine works are Prussia St and Hanlons Corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

It's literally only two departures in each direction and will most likely be worked on the 65s bill I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Transport analyst on the radio this morning that was complaining about the further, but entirely predictable, delay of Metrolink.

He mentioned BusConnects and although not opposed to the cash being invested in the scheme, he was very derisory about buses being presented as the core solution to Dublin's PT requirements.

I get where he was coming from, but still surprised to hear it on national radio.

• Advertisement

That’s the Blanchardstown Core Bus Corridor.

You seem to have a complete and bizarre aversion to using the correct terminology, which as I said does matter.

You have to remember that the extra services added to the 65/65a are principally to deal with the unplanned additional demand generated by the centre at Crooksling.

I suspect that is the budget that is funding them, not the Transport budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭cgcsb

DCC have an awful habit of announcing projects and then just completely forgetting about them. For example: queen St to Thomas St 2 way cycle route, ratoath road cycle scheme, north Stephens green pedestrianisation, east NCR cycling scheme etc. Every year they either add another year to the timeline or stop talking about the project entirely. Then they tweet that they're increasing Dublin's segregated cycle network from 10kms to 350kms, and the numbers never change, same tween goes out periodically for the last 3 years or so.

Anyway one of these never never projects was an upgrade of the hanlons corner junction, supposed to be delivered in 2021, I wonder will bus connects get there first a d they can stop pretending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Ah give the person a break. Your average person may not know, or care, about the difference between the two. The B-spine runs along the Blanchardstown bus corridor and is used synonymously even though the B-spine may cover two bus corridors.

To be fair, I would, except that I have pointed it out numerous times.

They aren’t synonymous. That’s the point - they are different projects and I’m trying to get people to understand that difference.

Wasting your time. Some folks just live for pedantry. Everyone knows the intended meaning but there'll always be someone looking to make a mountain out of it.

I certainly will never apologise for being someone who does think that details do matter.

To be honest, it’s generally a better criticism to receive, than to be accused of making sweeping statements about things, than are often wildly misleading.

Details matter in life - they often are what makes the difference between success and failure, and they help avoid confusion.

We’ve seen enough examples of that over the years from our transport operators & the NTA when they’ve got the details wrong in running times, maps timetables, publicity etc., etc.

Personally I think that the NTA should have used different project names for the network redesign and the infrastructure projects as far too many people (including politicians) have (understandably) been confused by this.

I’ll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭AngryLips

He's right. It is nuts that we are relying on buses at this stage and it is a band-aid over years of inaction. We have a dart network that, to this day, is less than what was planned for over half a century ago. Not only that, but the future rail network of Dublin, once ML, D+ and planned Luas lines are developed, still very much feel like something that was planned without any consideration for the network effect/benefit of a well-connected transit network. When it is finished, it is going to be so disjointed as to lack a lot of the advantages you would get from a network effect of a better more wholistically planned rail network.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pk1991

We need much more investment in rail and prioritised; The rail review has backed that up. Dart Ungerground should not of been long-fingered again. A proper East <> West link is needed and, no, the phoenix park tunnel is not sufficient.

True but bus connects is something we should have had a long time ago, so is Dart expansion and metrolink. What can we do with a century of no investment but start somewhere.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭AngryLips

And people argue that buses are a quick fix solution to public transport problems, but BusConnects is proving that, in Dublin at least, there's nothing quick about it - we'd probably be just as fast getting started on planning a more extensive metro network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Looking out of the window of the DART while crossing the loop line bridge this morning all I could see was a sea of yellow double decker buses. Whatever about new routes and corridors, I don’t think there is much cross city capacity left for bus vehicles. Will be interesting to see if the new traffic plan helps.
    Where bus connects needs to intervene is ensuring that people who don’t need to go to the city centre aren’t funneled there by bus routes. The likes of the O or N2 can’t come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭Daith

Buses are still going to be the backbone of Dublin's transport for a long while yet. When the Luas or Dart has an issue, it's the bus they're pointing customers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pk1991

That is very true and, to be fair, it is clear that the NTA are actively trying to improve the services; 24 hour services rolling out and more orbtal routes are fantastic. We are just overreliant on buses, it needs to be more balanced amognst multiple modes, and sometimes I think that there is a weird cultural adversion to rail. We will happily spend hundreds of millions of roads but investment in rail seems to always be an issue and takes far far too long. But hopefully that changes over time!

Long story short - I love the train :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,471 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does anyone know if the 145 service will be scrapped when they launch the E spine?

The 145 will be replaced by the E1 between Bray and the city centre, and the 4 will apparently be re-routed to operate between Heuston Station and Monkstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭markest

Any news on 84x replacement X1/X2 whether timetable will be improved?

• Advertisement

We won't know if service levels will change from the frequencies in the plan until the NTA actually announces the launch of the Spine, and when that will be is anyone's guess.

Advertisement