Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scraped the car along the pillar, any body repair place recommendations?

• 16-08-2024 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey Folks,

I stupidly scraped the side of my car across the driveway pillar while pulling in on the way back home today. There was another car in the garden and I was confident enough with squeezing by but that didn't happen unfortunately.

I heard a horrible sound and this is what I am now dealing with. I'm mortified to think what this will cost.

Any recommendations on good repair places out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Hard to tell how deep them scratches are but if they are not too deep

and it can be filled and painted, independent bodyshop should be able

to do it for around €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Abril9

Hey Gav,

Thanks for the response and after checking a few times they dont appear to be very deep at all (i think), lets hope an independent bodyshop feels the same way :)

Would you have any recommendations on someone in Dublin who you would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭User1998

Agreed. Please don’t listen to the people on here who say its a €1500 repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Goose81

Carcraft are very good, if you email him that pic you will get a quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Check out - https://www.stewartscrashrepair.ie/

Have had to use them twice! Find them very reasonable and good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cyloncity

Wesley motors in bluebell were very good when I had to use them for similar. Was somebody else paying so can't remember cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Bob O'Brien in Duleek is supposed to be very good. My car is booked in with him for next week to fix some dents and scrapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Whocare

People who those prices had Experience with major bodyshop that do mostly insurance work. Had way less damage done door my car Scratch with a bit of a dent 8 inches long at bottom of door quoted €980 (in end other place fix it for 250) but if OP took that to one of big bodyshop that do mostly insurance work new door skin rear Quarter repaired and paint Blended in I bet it be 1500 if not more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭User1998

Ah I know loads of places would quote €1500+ but a good independent bodyshop should do it for €500 cash

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Abril9

Hi Folks,

Just an update on this and thank you very much all for the feedback and pointers,

I'm reaching out to a few places for quotes atm and waiting to hear back (weekend so slow going) BUT I've got a solid quote and a booking for 550 which I am more than happy with. Well to be honest I'm delighted with that quote but 😂 I'd rather I wasn't stupid enough to hit the pillar in the first place off course. But I cannot complain about that pricing, I was thinking it would be thousands

• Advertisement
Advertisement