Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Back on titanfall 2. May be ten years old but still blows any other fps multiplayer out of the water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Started Shadow of the Colossus on PS5. Will reserve judgement until I get round to finishing it. I'm so glad it's a short game as I just don't have the time for longer and open ended games at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I started it from disk and kept the PS5 offline to avoid any updates so that I get it to play at 60 FPS. And it is wonderful. There are blocking bugs so you need to upgrade, get past them and reinstall offline to get back to 60 FPS. 🙄 You might think I'm mad, but 30 FPS is horrible on my OLED TV. Makes me feel sick.

So, when I've gone through my current batch of games I'll get back to it. Or maybe Sony would just provide a patch to add 60 FPS support !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Let my plus lapse a wee while back and haven't bought anything new but the other day spotted that Genshin Impact is completely free.

I love it. I'm a big fan of the likes of final fantasy and similar open world JRPGs.

It's different to the usual turn based rpg in that rather than controlling multiple players at the same time, you control only one at a time but can swap in up to 3 others at any point including during battles.

The one mechanic that I really love is that EVERYWHERE is accessible by climbing. The kicker is that you have a stamina bar which means it you attempt too tall a climb you'll run out or stamina and plummet to your death, it's really simple but really interesting.

It looks absolutely gorgeous, the combat (elemental based) is fun and the bosses are challenging without being total dicks.

It's a really enjoyable, relaxing and fun game. It's also fluppin massive.

• Advertisement

Sounds like Breath of the Wild or any of it's clones like Fenyx Rising with respect to climbing. Edit .…had a look, yeah definitely a clone with lots of bells and whistles.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a very fun game and a few quid digital in sales. It may even be on PlayStation +. You'd need a Switch for Breath of the wild, which is a brilliant game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Getting into Cult of the Lamb. Has a bit more micro management than I expected, but hoping it'll automate somewhat with upgrades. Solid little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Picked up Red Dead Redemption 1 remaster as I saw the price was dropped a bit. Haven't had a lot of time with it so far, but man, moving feels very tanky. I knew it was like that in RDR2 but must have blanked it from my mind that it was like this in RDR1 as well. Also hate that you have to hold X to run, Rockstar really need to stop doing that. Just push forward slightly if people want to walk, and run if they push the stick fully. It's very rare that anyone will just walk in these games. Everyone will run 99% of the time, and if they want to walk to be cinematic or whatever, just let them hold the stick halfway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm giving the Lego Skywalker Saga a shot being a playstation plus monthly game. I'm so guilty of overlooking the Lego games as kidsy.

I've played a handful now (Harry Potter & Batman) and have always had an enjoyable time. The gameplay is a pleasure and the writing for the games is brilliant. The twee comedy hits 99% of the time.

A few months back I did the same with the Sackboy boy. Had forgotten how fantastic they are too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Playing Horizon Forbidden West at the moment before it leaves Plus next month. Enjoying it mostly, the combat, platforming all pretty good. Story is kinda meh but does enough to keep it ticking along. But bloody hell how annoying is Aloy? Telling you what to do every 5 seconds. Just walked into a cave like room and before I get chance to look around she's "I need to get higher, that ladder should work" chill girl, let me have a minute to look around first! It's painted yellow so of course that's the way forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was full sure there was an option to at least delay her saying the solution so quick, but google is not helpful these days so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Games really need to program in that the most common lines happen less and less as time goes on. "Better pick these up, might need them later".... "Better pick these up, might need them later"…yeah Aloy, I know.... "Better pick these up, might need them later".... yes Aloy, that's why I'm picking them up. That's why I always pick them up.… "Better pi"SHUT THE F*CK UP ALOY!!

It's like in MGS Phantom Pain, every time you fulton a soldier Miller would go "He's coming too?" Yes Kaz, every soldier. I am taking absolutely everything that is not nailed down in this game and we're over 50 hours in, how have you not gotten this by now?

I couldn't stand Alloy when I started playing HZD, so I never went back. HFW looks like more of the same. And the world looks too shiny and fake to me. And probably also I've open world burnout.

Advertisement