Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY FTTH using Asus AC68 speed issues

• 16-08-2024 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

recently got 1gig ftth with Sky and max speeds im getting on wired pc with my Asus router is 450/100

On wifi connecting to 5ghz band I get roughly the same

PS5 wired is a weird one, 151/30 is the best I can get

Ive tried changing settings on the router, changing patch cables, everything I can think of and nothing is making a difference

Hoping someone else had a similar experience and might be able to help me out. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,544 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I presume you've taken the Sky router out of the equation and connecting directly to the Asus router?

If you use the Sky router instead what speeds do you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

Yeah, connecting directky to the ONT. Ive never tried the Sky router. I'll try it now and report back. I wanted to use my Asus because I know it has better wifi coverage, and apart from that it should outperform the Sky router speed wise

Ya worth a try to see does the Sky router produce the same issue or not

If not then we know it's something on the Asus

Hooked up Sky router and on wired pc maxing out at 732/42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

If I am correct that router is about 10 years old and you are maxing it out at 450. I could be wrong but I had a similar one called black night, its in the loft so dont have exact model.

You could try all the usual, turn off QOS, family protection and other bits that I cant remember. And if you get it to go faster say what you did.

Other bits try with a good cable to one port, disconnect other cables and I forgot make sure software on router is bang up to date and try different lan ports.

• Advertisement

Damn, I only bought this router new about 2 years ago, I thought it was capable of throughput up to 1gig or close to it on a wired connection no problem. Stock firmware is up to date, ive tried swapping lan cables around, no diff, QoS is off, I never did anything with family protection but ill look into disabling settings that take a toll on the cpu cores, however looking at them on the status page both pretty much are stable, i dont see them spiking much at all.

Thanks so much, going to try this today

Man, thank you so much, I did a reset and now I am getting 940/100 on wired pc

PS5 wired still only getting 190/30 but I don't think this is reflecting the true speed to be honest

On 5g with lappy getting 490/50

This is a vast improvement, what router would you recommend when I do go to upgrade, for now I will stick with this but maybe upgrade next year if 2gig becomes available here

Great to hear you got it working.

I personally used a Unifi USG with my 1GB, does me fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement