Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Downlinz

People need to cop themselves on, they are on alternative and if you're saying this then you're willingly accepting FF/FG as the only possible government.

Tired of this nonsense that just because the opposition is poor that they shouldn't be considered as such. You're complicit with continuity of the government otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭creeper1

Yeah well I'm tired of people saying independents won't make a difference or the parties such as IFP are loons.

It's your opinion and if you have faith in SF fair enough.

I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭amykl_1987

Reports on plans

Versus

Reality

Schools in Dublin struggle because people cannot find somewhere to live. What is the single biggest driver of this? Lack of supply.

Billions is being wasted on asylum seekers and Irish people are being left behind.

When the government actively sees to buy properties for asylum seekers instead of making it viable for Irish people to live we get a shitshow.

The Irish refugees council, funded by the state, is housing asylum seekers in houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There was a camera crew in Dundrum interviewing the economic migrates , the existing Ukrainians and the protestors.

Interesting tidbit that these illegals (majority) came from Dublin, children settled in going to school, new uniforms bought etc and the Government just kicks them out of Dublin and brings them to an area that has no school

Anything to get them out of Dublin……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭prunudo

i actually was going to tag you about this, had heard it online, but was wondering was there any substance to it. So in their haste to show that it wasnt single males, which it will eventually be, they uprooted somewhat settled families and moved them to the countryside, 250km away.

It's Roscrea all over again, get the women & children in first and when things settled down you'll find single males wont be far behind.

It's text book by this government, distraction is all they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭prunudo

Grand hotel in Wicklow was the same too, adults and children settling in the community only to be uprooted to co.Clare I believe. Although I believe it reverted to mixed again, with women and children in a seperate part of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Im voting for anyone outside the main lot of shites. Thats for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Workers on below average wages face a 48.5% marginal tax rate to pay for very expensive social housing in south Dublin for Moldovans.

What has happened to this country?

It's a wonder there isn't a revolution.

It's no wonder people's views are hardening.

A Moldovan can stroll into the country, with no travel documents, claim asylum, and even if the claim fails, they will, eventually, be provided housing at a very low rent, in one of the most expensive parts of Dublin.

Is any other country mad enough to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Makes me fcuking sick reading about the mindless way in which our tax money is being spent. All under the auspices of "legal and moral obligation". Bullshit.

This approach would be somewhat palatable if these people were here legally. But we know a majority are circumventing the system, entering without documentation, and being rewarded for it! Imagine if you or I went down to the local shop and stole a bag of groceries, one might say a relatively benign act. But we would face the repercussions of the legal system. These people are doing much worse in my view, and are being encouraged to continue. Sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

And we’re told that asylum seekers have no affect on the housing market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Damien360

That's nuts and a can envisage that list disappearing offline. Where is the number of Irish applying because that tells you the real state of the housing issue for affordability. And it would give percentage of applications Vs national percentages of non-irish.

No figures for Kildare where I am, but only anecdotally, I can see a very large percent of non-irish in social housing estates in Newbridge.

Tradespeople in my local say the exact same and can point to estates where it's principally foreign born but don't know are they all working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Therr is nothing that is stopping this.

This is the new norm. Irish to the bottom of the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭Rustyman101

I've asked this several times on this thread never actually gotten a coherent answer but here goes again.

What's the plan ? This is unstoppable now IMHO, genie out of the bottle n all that. We have proven time & time we are unable to provide solutions to anything just kick the can.

Would love if any of the people on this thread cheerleading this s****show or making excuses as to how anyone showing any descent or questioning is lambasted for even suggesting that what's happening is beyond scandalous.

What's the idea behind leaving in thousands of people with very little idea of who they are or their skillset.

Are the indigenous irish just here to pay for social welfare and housing for all comers?

A lot dont even seem to be grateful for what they receive.

So please can anyone logically explain the expected outcome or project plan ?

This isn't happening by accident it's by design.

Anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The Marxist ideology that has gripped the political class is responsible.

The natural thing for the country to do would be to apply a selective criteria for allowing people to come. They should have the skills that we need and the ability to support themselves. We're clearly not doing that and it's by design.

The people in charge deliberately conflate the useful immigration that we need with other immigration that is a drain on the country. This is because they think that the American who's a senior manager at a big tech company who's on €250k a year is no more important than the Moldovan with no English and limited skills/education.

The thing is, we can have it both ways. We are a free country, we can demand the immigration system that benefits us all. We can have our Filipino nurses and deport others who aren't paying their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

—-

Post edited by Peter Flynt on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Do you have a reliable source for those figures?

I gave a quick look on line and they seem to be from a now defunct college newspaper.

If the figures are genuine, why would you assume those non born in Ireland are people who came to seek asylum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,012 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

How would you propose filling all the unskilled vacancies in the country i.e. waste disposal, car wash, factory operatives, cleaners, kitchen staff, car park attendants, manual labourers, fast food employees, janitors etc? Irish born people are not going to want to do these jobs, not in a booming economy and with unemployment virtually at zero.

• Advertisement

But those who don't pay their own way are still a way of hitting targets for project 2040 and lining the pockets of those in the inner circle and keeping rents at ridiculous levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

My cleaner has had to leave her house as her former partner has sold it. After they broke up he said it was okay for her to live there, but was selling it without saying anything.

She’s a single women alone who has paid taxes for 30 plus years and has been told by three separate councils that it might be months before there is accommodation.

How is that even remotely right in this country ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

What even is "reliable" these days. You can accuse us of being conspiratorial, or whatever label you like, but the traditional sources of "reliable" information, such as print media, national broadcaster, etc. have been shown time and again to be complicit in this whole saga. And, no doubt, you will ask me for evidence of this. I will point to a glaring lack of evidence, insofar that politicians are rarely asked the sort of questions posed on this thread, i.e. what is the end goal, how many is enough, what border controls are in place, etc. Where are the deep-dive investigations by the likes of Prime Time? Oh yes, they are too busy investigating cattle exports instead of people imports.

My point being, it is becoming increasingly difficult to trust a lot of these traditional "reliable" sources of information, so trying to deflect by asking for such is a nice tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

This is nonsense. Irish people have done and still do these jobs. The only thing flooding the country with unskilled migrants does is allows businesses to pay less wages for these jobs.

Whilst increasing the stress on all ofthe countrys infrastructure. It's a zero sum game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

We no longer have journalists in Ireland - we have activists and government broadcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Jizique

Not just the AS, but was listening to the head of Dublin Bus on Newstalk business on Friday morning and he said something about 40 Filipino mechanics starting to be trained up in maintaining the fleet - I mean how the fcuk is this needed for what once was a highly attractive, skilled role for working class school-leavers? What do these kids now do, given that many are unlikely to go to 3rd level, and many of those that do go to third level would be better getting a skill instead.

I wax all in favour of joining the EU to allow freedom of movement within the EU (and availed of it myself) but our political class seems to have decided to adopt complete open borders freedom of movement from everywhere.

There's still some good journalist out there such as Ian O'Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭bloopy

I just find it curious that the plan seems to be to use third world, predominantly brown skinned people to create a low paid, almost servant like underclass.

Very progressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Jizique

I mean, if every nail parlour in South Dublin closed, it would only inconvenience the chattering middle and upper class, and I guess we can't have that.

Handy for the house cleaners as well. Cash in hand of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 Joren777

Can we not just have all the system aid being linked to citizenship? if you are not Irish by birth or an Irish citizen you cannot avail of social housing, social welfare or any other form of aid?

Why are we letting in so many refugees like not from a hate point of view what is the actual reasoning all these foreigners are being allowed in?

Advertisement