Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 zazoo11

You seem to be the first to say the essay went well! Good on you. Do you have any tips for preparing for it? Will memorising the relevant capabilities help? Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Mytimetoshine22

I found the one on Public jobs easier but i still think i passed

But its Sjts im worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PandaDancer

i answered it like an interview question and how I would act as an EO. You had to draw from a past experience. So I did the star method in response.

Yes they can be done in any order

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

JJust did the reasoning one . Got to the last question with 10 seconds remaining so took 4 random guesses lol. Hey probability one is right lol

• Advertisement

Yes i very rarely used excellent only twice

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I didn't think I'd be quite as tired after doing these…

I didn't mind the Numerical Reasoning much but I didn't balance the time well and had to rush the final lot. I've taught LC grinds so I'm not too shoddy with numbers!

Written wasn't too bad (but I'm a professional waffler so there's that)

Situational was the worst for me I think and verbal reasoning tired me out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Yes the situational is always confusing to me and I am an EO LOL. I always wonder why people call the numerical hard but I forget not everyone did their LC 5 years ago so I can understand how maths might become more difficult if you don't work with it for a long time.

I also never do that great in the situational and also am an EO. I dunno sometimes u can do great in these and sometimes mediocre I think it depends on the day !! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 okaydo

Any idea where it states which tests form part of OOM?

• Advertisement

Well maths never used to. And it seems this written thing is for the interview so not sure about that one . Just finished it , could have done with a bit more time ....just the maths left then the pub is calling lol

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭2016claire

Best of luck to everyone! Quick question for anyone who did the EO test for Dublin last year: if you’ve taken this year’s test as well, have you noticed much difference between them? I remember there were about 36-38 math questions, and the writing section was very hard.

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Newbie12345The

its Verbal reasoning and Situational - you have to pass the other 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

I did 3 out the 4 today. Was dreading the maths but it was ok , made you think a lot. Only thing was time it went so quickly. Have left the writing section for another day. I found the worst part the room scan before the test as with a laptop you can’t see the screen and worries if it’s being done right eek

• Registered Users Posts: 25 louloubb

I was the same just hoping it went well. For me at the end I was like do I click a final submission or is it just done now. Bit confusing as it just shows as complete I'm guessing that's all that is needed

RRan out of time for maths .oh well !

Don't believe the written is graded for the purposes of passing the assessments, I think it was mentioned that it contributes to your overall interview score in one of the categories instead? Not certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Does ànyone have a rough idea on what the scores are needed to pass in each test ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Have 2 out of the 4 done. Dreading the written exercise. Don't know what to expect. Any tips on how to prepare for it? Someone mentioned earlier about the STAR technique. I was going to to the test tomorrow but now I feel I'm not prepared.

It was totalled as a score of 800 with 370 being the passing mark last year for the Dublin comp so 46.25% in each test, but that assumes even marking and stuff… realistically get half right i guess.

• Advertisement

YYes that's my memory of it too, some thing around the half way point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭micar

I had a look at the sample questions yesterday.

in relation to maths Q3…..I did come up an answer that was not one of the 3 figures so I went with the 4th option….which was ended up being right…..as total car sales cannot be determined as not enough information provided.

….electric car sales east coast….12% = €60m….so 1%=€5m…..total sales in the county was something like €345m

planning on doing 1 test a day over the next 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 littlepanda111

Hi everyone. Done the Numerical and Situational yesterday found the maths tough enough as I'm so bad at maths I hope I just passed. They say no right or wrong answer in the situational but I don't believe that 😂Nervous for the Verbal and the Written has anyone any tips or what kind of questions we will get in the written please? Want to do it today but not so sure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭nhg

Just going through the familiarisation information and on the Written Exercise is states ‘This element of the process will assess your written skills and will also provide evidence under the capabilities of Leading and Empowering and Communicating and Collaborating.’

It also states:

NOTE - you do not need to memorise the Leading and Empowering and Communicating and Collaborating capabilities for the live Written Exercise as you will be able to view it within the live Exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 6 InchicoreJimmy

For situational I assume you can pick “bad”, for example, a few times per question?

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

You can: you can indicate that every option is bad. You're not 'using up' your only bad choice by selecting it.

Hope this makes sense. I totally understand why you'd like to clear this up as you prep for the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

Found the written part aweful. Plenty of time but mind goes blank , just felt unprepared 😔 think I got the word count but feel disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 InchicoreJimmy

Thank you, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭PressRun

Didn't finish the numerical. Thought one or two on the verbal reasoning were tricky. Situational all completely debatable. Going to do the written one later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CreativeCrafter3

hi all, I just submitted ID at 3.30pm today (Sunday) does anyone know how long it takes I have family minding the kids 🙈

Advertisement