Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Recruitment 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Jimmy.1733

i am hoping to be in the next set of interviews but i did my leaving cert so long ago i couldnt even tell you what i passed or failed.

I did get 120 credits on the framework for a cert so im hoping that is enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 popsmoke

I thought that the masters would be enough. They said it was only 45 credits , but when I went back and checked , it was 90 credits. 45 credits of each of the 2 years.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

You can get a copy of your leaving cert easy enough, might be handy as a backup if they want to see it. I did mine in the late 90s and got the results sent out to me, during the last campaign in 2017.

Thats crazy they are still looking for leaving cert results and the results 20+ years ago.

You have me worried now, all I have a level 6 Advanced Certificate but from what i can see is it is worth 120 credits. Don't understand how if a masters is only worth 90 (45 to them)

Very strange

• Advertisement

To be honest, I think the person make a mistake. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭OL16

Garda Reserve Recruitment 2024
    Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What are the educational requirements?
    Candidates must have obtained;
     an Irish Leaving Certificate with a grade D3 or O6 minimum in five subjects at Ordinary Level*, or
     hold a minimum of a Level 5 Major award (120 Credits) on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), or
     hold a recognised qualification (at Level 5 or greater), deemed comparable to the
    above in terms of both level and volume of learning as determined by Quality
    and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)

So, one would think that your Degree is a "recognised qualification (at Level 5 or greater), deemed comparable to the above in terms of both level and volume of learning as determined by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)" (as stated above) and at least comparable to a pass leaving cert (I presume Irish of Enflish must be passed in the same LC?).

I'd definitely be quering that with AGS recruitment/Public Jobs i.e that your Degree should be acceptable to them in regard to reaching the 'educational requirements'.

Best of luck, hope it works out for you.

Personally I'd think it bonkers if they don't think a recoginised Degree from a recoginised College/Uni s not enough……from an educational requirement.

However maybe the type of Degree may be a factor…..Furniture Design for e.g may not be acceptable!

Surely a Master Degree is acceptable!!

Taught Master's degrees require 

180 credits worth of work, either through modules, projects, assignments and a final dissertation.

I mean, really if AGS are saying a Masters Degree (usually 5-6 years in University) is not acceptable as an 'educational requirement' for the Reserves then that REALLY IS bonkers. I mean come on….am I missing something here?!?!???

Someone with a Degree and or a Masters Degree but with only a pass LC is not educationally acceptable!!!!???????????

I think, for me, it might be the fact that I had no degree. I did a masters over two years. So the masters was 90 credits. But they only looked at year one, and they thought it was 45 credits and then asked me for my leaving cert results from a long time ago :). I would imagine someone with a masters who had a degree done before it, would have a huge amount of credits. I was able to do a masters without a degree due to my life experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭gailgo

did anyone receive the link for the zoom interview yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 little mrs

Not yet. My interview is early next week so probably by Friday hopefully.

Has anyone any tips on the interview, buzzwords etc?

Even though they know a bit about you from you application the first question probably will be "tell us about yourself" and why you want to be a Garda Reserve…..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭jopax

Just wondering if anyone has received a link for their interview yet?

No. I got nothing, and I have my interview on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭jopax

Thanks for the reply, same here

The links for the interviews should start coming today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 2024_acc_holder

anyone a rough idea on what number they’ve gotten to ?

I got my zoom interview link.

are you Monday for interview hopeing to get mine tmw

Ya I'm Monday. I got it before the close of business today. So I would imagine that you will get yours tomorrow. All the best on Monday Bud. I hope it all goes well for everyone.

• Advertisement

See the interview links are popping up, let us know how it goes lads. All the best with it 👊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rassie

Good luck with your interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 masterchief22

Just received the breakdown of competencies for the interviews and I'm just a little lost. I assume you're not expected to hit every point of each competency or am I completely wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Would you mind sharing? Curious as to what is required.

there is a lot of them alright I would imagine they will select one or 2 from each Competencies

• Registered Users Posts: 16 2024_acc_holder

be great if you could share some insights after

good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 AssassinJimmy100

Be ready to answer what you would do differently or add to your answer for your written test. Also make sure to have at least to examples of competences. And make sure to read over your application as this is what they will start with and talk about for first half. They have stated these things.

Yes, for these competency based interviews (based on my own experience) you will always need to have a 2nd example ready as they may ask you for a 2nd example.

If anyone has an idea of what OOM they are at let us know and thanks…

• Advertisement

best of luck to those doing their interviews today

Advertisement