Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

They're on way earlier than published time! I gotta run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What time are ACDC on stage at? MCD said shows starts at 7 could they be more vague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I bet t -shirts are going for 50 yoyos a pop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,461 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

yep €50 for t-shirts, a jersey for €100 and a jacket for €175 😮 The hoodie was at the other side of me so didn't see that price. I think baseball caps were €35.

Looking at the last gig in France, Pretty Reckless were on at 7.15pm and AC/DC at 8.15pm, so I would assume 7.30 - 7.45 for Croker as Pretty Reckless came on around 6.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Shank Williams

FFS

For those still not at the stadium, the Pretty Reckless set is now finished. Stage is being readied for AC/DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jammy8891

Pretty Reckless put out a tweet earlier today saying they'd be on stage at 6:30pm. No idea why every communication from Ticketmaster today has been a 7pm start.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kolkio

Are you ready for a good time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

€175 for this view. Luckily I only paid €50 for the ticket. Ticketmaster are robbing b@stards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 kolkio

**** that. Move to an empty seat further up on your right. You won't see a **** thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

thats the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 MacPint

It’s a shambles here. Two tiny bars for people in golden circle. AC/DC I’m hearing 8:30 start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw the merch ques and turned around, **** it rather pay the extra to get it online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great seats for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

holy fück… you go to a gig both to see and hear a band, that just is pure awful. Not sure Ticketmaster are your target, the promoter certainly would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yes its MCD.

Those seats are restricted view, you cannot charge full price for that.

Hate those old cow shed stages, with no side view.

I've noticed Irish promoters seem to think they can sell restricted view seats for full price, cowboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Holy f*cking sh*t.

I thought AC/DC Punchestown 2009 was the greatest gig ever in this country - I was wrong.

Aviva 2014 was a disappointment - tonite surpassed both by miles.

Angus and Brian brought us to the veil between this world and the next from whence all great rock songs are conceived.

No further comment needed, you were either there or you weren't.

F*cking unreal from start to finish.

Mrs S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Punchestown was actually miles off the Point gig the same year. The Point was their first Irish gig for 13 years or so and the place was electric.

That was the time to see them, not now when they are a shadow of themselves and the majority of them gone or dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Best €180 I've ever spent, fúcking awesome. I never got to see them in their prime but if that's what they're like at this age I can only imagine what it would have been like.

• Advertisement

Thought tonight was AMAZING!!!! I really enjoyed myself, great setlist and a great fellow solo gig goer was seated next to me so had a great chat before the gig and between songs. I will definitely remember this show!

Exact same here! First time seeing them and was definitely worth the €180, Aircoach and hotel for what I got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

I was above you wolfy, a lot above ☁️. As well thankfully only paid 60 as it definitely should have been called restricted view!

Great set list, preferred when I last saw them in punchestown but maybe can't compare 15 years apart! Very enjoyable gig all the same for most likely the last time I'll see them

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭geographica

Are “venues” still taking a whopper commission from bands in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭makker

That was class. Thought the band were amazing, Brian and Angus still got it.

On the flip side thought the crowd were dreadful, was in the gold circle and felt like the BBC proms, the band deserved better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭enricoh

Got one off anto outside - e15 , print front n back. Fuc@ it , ac/dc made enough outta me on tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭COH

What do you expect - the average age of the crowd is closer to a free bus pass then a mosh pit. It was like a big country wedding 🤣

Thought ACDC were superb anyway - played well above my expectations anyway. Special mention to the lad on facebook who sent me a free premium ticket at 7pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Awesome, thought Brian Johnson sounded particularly excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭brianomc

I thought the atmosphere in the golden circle was great. Nobody talking, but even if they were you wouldnt hear them. Everyone around me was bouncing all night long.

Really enjoyed that. Brian had issues with his earpiece all night but it didnt stop him.

Think I’m the only one who enjoyed Aviva more than Punchestown, but the weather and being really really really far back at Punchestown might explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 MacPint

Great gig. Band are obviously a shadow of their former selves but Christ if they are like this as geriatrics, how amazing they must have been back in the day!

Advertisement