Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish law on home search warrants

• 17-08-2024 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22

IF garda have a search warrant for a home, and remove Any objects do they need to give you a copy of the search warrant and a list of items seized. Thank you.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭flyer_query

sounds like someone was very naughty. Maybe time to think about improving your life choices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

You can read the warrant. They don't have to give you a copy. They will usually go through whatever they have taken with the householder before they leave. They don't have to supply a list of seized items.

Post edited by suvigirl on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Well it depends what the search warrant is , if its to take away your laptop or something and you have drugs laying around say cannabis they can't take it away as they don't have a search warrant for it pacifically but any stronger and I'd say they would take it away , I only know this because my friends exs brother got his laptop taken away and couldn't take his green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Alanya122

They took away our laptop's, and whatever else, cheeky pricks, I was alone as my two apartment friends were out. The head garda nearly ran over me when .making his way Into the apartment I walked after him saying what are you at, he told me to sit. That was in the sitting room, I said I want to call a solicitor, he said have you a phone which I replied no, my friend took it with him, I asked him again could I make a call to my solicitor, he asked me who my solicitor was, when I told him he said no. Which I retorted I can make the call from next door neighbour, he ignored me. Later he placed me in a bedroom with another garda. He came in around 1 hour later, I was frightened and upset , I just had a treble bypass, which I told him earlier..noway he shoved a piece of paper in front of me and told me to sign it..which I did hurriedly. He left the bedroom, 5 minutes later I heard no noise, they had gone, leaving my front door open. Didn't even close the door. I was a hostage in my own room. Afraid to even ask to go to the toilet. Now I know why gardai ain't too popular.

Omg that's awful and I'm so sorry to hear that and especially so after having a treble bypass as well like that was out of order for the gardaí to do that. Also when you said could you ring your solicitor and when asked who it was they declined you like I've never heard that before , report that as well , did you get their names or anything as you can also report them too , sounds like absolute abuse of power the cops do , but why did they come in the 1st place was it for one of your flat mates or for you exactly?

• Advertisement

I really ain't got a clue of what they took as I was held hostage in my bedroom of the apartment with a garda present. Hostage in my own apartment. I have never been in trouble with the law a my life. He earlier refused me a phone call to my solicitor. He did ask me who was my solicitor, when I told him he said no , I said I can make it from my neighbours next door, I wasn't under arrest, he still said no. !!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Never been in trouble...has a criminal law solicitor's number ready to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭con747

I love these threads.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Your friend took your phone with them? Really? That alone is suspicious.

You already have a solicitor? Also suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

There must have been a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Don't listen to anything this poster says, they clearly haven't a clue.

My name.and my two friends that share the apartment names he said was on the warrant so he said, I tried to read it but my eyes Were not the best since the operation so I asked him to read it, I couldn't understand what he said to tell you the truth. He said drugs lol. No bloody way. He see.ed to have his eye on the 3 laptops though. I am still in shock. Absolutely seems to be no boundaries to their power. Googled their search powers. Only thing that I came up with was that they shouldn't confined me to any room in my apartment, but hey I was the only witness.

I'm a football coach, I don't touch drugs. With the exception of prescribed drugs after my treble bypass. My two friends are good people as I know them both for q5 years.

A reason for me being confined to my room, or that I wasn't allowed call a solicitor, or that they were searching for drugs or that they left without informing me and leaving my front door open. !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭SVI40

Phone Joe Duffy first thing on Monday. Sounds like a case for him.

Congratulations. Hope you have a great Career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭geographica

Yeh and as if their solicitor is sitting at home awaiting a call from someone who’s gaf has been called into 🙄

Well if they had found anything they would have taken me to the police station. Joe Duffy??? Who is he.. ?

Is he a solicitor as mine is a corporate solicitor. Jeez ireland is getting as bad as Amerca. Lawyer's and therapist lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭con747

OP maybe take your triple bypass meds and chill out.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

No. He was probably in a pub. But good point.

Old age pensioners don't coach pro football. At least I don't know one. Thanks for reminding me of my heart meds. Ps. The first heart surgery I had was when I was 8years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭JVince

Don't feed the trolls

Yes..he borrowed my phone as he needed it. Maybe that was suspicious to you. But that ain't grounds for the garda acting like gestapo.

Thank you

Ah that Joe Duffy. Lol. Thanks anyway.

Never got there names, I was in shock. They said drugs, I never took unprescibed drugs ever. Fact. Plus the two lad's definitely don't mess around with that stuff. Thank you.

Yes he said drugs. No way.

May I get his Name and address. I never have been in trouble either. Thanks

• Advertisement

Yes. Thing is he never showed me a list of what he took. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hmm. Hmmmmmm 🤔 🧐 🤨 y’know what OP, I don’t think this happened. 2/10 for effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What prescription drugs are you on for your triple bypass, OP?

I5 different types. Pain in the butt. 5 morning 4 afternoon 6 night time.

OK.

Ye I was also gonna mention this too ,bit strange.

• Advertisement

EH yes I do ,don't know what your talking about

Also don't bother with joe Duffy hes a clown ring adrian kennedy on Monday he's much better

So pray tell. What do you find strange. The behaviour of the garda, because I found it unbelievable also. I'd be thinking like you also a few days ago. Very Strange until it happens to you or someone close to you. Unbelievable I'd say.

Lol. Very good. Maybe Trump will volunteer for it. Good one.

Advertisement