Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blakestown

• 08-08-2024 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

What is Blakestown like? I know its close to Sheepmoore which I have read people to say to avoid, but those posts were 10 years ago. Looking to buy.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Blakestown is a good residential area. It has good Bus connections to the Blanchardstown Centre and beyond to the City Centre. Blakestown Community College has a very good reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

I live close to Blakestown. The area is very conveniently located. But it's very diverse as respect to cleanliness and probably income wise. I would advise checking the nearest neighbouring houses for issues that might be problematic for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Hi both,

Thanks for the reply.

I went to view the house today in woodvale crescent. Wood dale itself seemed nice. Drove to sheepmoore as I heard thats the dodgy place nearby. Did see a few teens pushing around a trolley messing and a guy on a dirtbike racing around the place, but a lot of normal people too.

Anyone know what woodvale crescent is like?

On google maps, blakestown looks tiny, wedged between hartstown and sheepmoore, so I am wondering where are the not so nice areas in blakestown? Or does sheepsmore include blakestown?

How is hartstown park?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Woodvale is a lovely estate. It's beside fortlawn and sheepmore but they are fairly quiet nowadays. Hartstown park is great to have right on your doorstep

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hartstown Park is grand, there is a dog park, outdoor gym and pitches for the various local football and GAA teams. I had a walk around the park yesterday, lots of dog walkers out and two different matches going on in the caged pitches with lots of parents watching on.

In my mind Blakestown is really just Whitestown & Sheepmoore with Lidl in the middle. Woodvale would be part of Mountview. I know several people who grew up in Woodvale, a nice enough spot and walking distance to shops at Hartstown and Mountview, slightly further walk to the shopping centre but still very doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Thank you for the replies!

On fortlawn and sheepmore, would the school catchment area be a concern for me in terms of bad/rough schools? |

On Harstown Park, I read a comment (could have been years old - I cant remember) about people on dirt bikes and stuff in there. Is that still an issue?

Also, I would be looking to get the 39/37 bus for work which goes through sheepmore etc, and sometimes the late night bus home if I was out. Generally safe and mostly normal decent folk on it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can't comment on schools as although I went to Scoil Mhuire primary school in Blakestown and Blakestown Community School myself, that was a very long time ago and I don't have kids or no any kids in those schools now.

Regarding the buses, the 37 goes from the shopping centre but does not serve Blakestown/Mountview at all. However the 39A and 39 are regular services, the 39A runs 24hrs. If you don't need to go through Blanchardstown Village, the 39A is always your best bet in my experience from bussing into the city centre.

Advertisement