Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

1981982983984985987»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

One side tell us that Mass Migration is good for the economy, helps prop up the health care system, etc.

The other side tell us that the influx is putting too much strain on an already struggling system, etc.

Meanwhile, we hear stories like this emerge. Like most things in life the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Funding is a very real issue, yes... but so is a rapid influx in population.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cvg3wgjkedzo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bloopy

I wonder how many similar situations to this are happening around the country.

HSE hiring from abroad, while imposing a hiring freeze over here.

We are screwing our own to save a penny, then using bigotry and racism as a cover when anyone questions it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thorny Queen

My Father worked in Healthcare in Ireland for 40 years and really resents the narrative that our Healthcare system would collapse if we didn't have foreign healthcare workers. As does his retired colleagues who committed their entire lives to working diligently in healthcare here.

It was never on the brink of collapse until our population exploded and this crisis in recruitment is very much engineered to take in workers on crap contracts who don't get proper pensions, paid holiday leave or sick leave.

When I had my last child, I was truly horrified at the standard of care and how much it had dropped compared to having my first child. I am not talking about every staff member but in general, it was shocking.

I would be petrified to grow old and have health issues in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The Irish electorate have, over the last couple of decades pushed to the left.

We're now in a situation where FF/FG are left of center, the main opposition parties are far left and the one right of center party we had (PDs) were obliterated.

The electorate has consistently rewarded big government, big social welfare, big spending and consistently punished fiscal prudence.

The situation we find ourselves in now is just a case of chickens coming home to roost.

We wonder how we ended up in this situation - because it's what we choose.

A lot of people are starting to wake up now with a bad case of buyers remorse but it's a little late.

There's no credible opposition to the current path. Anyone who thinks things won't get even worse with SF in government is quite frankly, a moron

We are stuck on this path for the foreseeable and things are going to get a hell of a lot worse in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

I mean like seriously you come to Dublin with a tent and you get put up in a 5 star hotel and given social welfare with no background checks -are these lads been treated better than our own? and if you think yes the question is why do our own government resent us ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭creeper1

I agree the vast majority of them of them are good but let's not put any group of people on a pedestal.

They have their bad apples like any other.

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/filipino-man-jailed-last-week-for-donegal-rape-previously-involved-in-vicious-gang-attack/a1076506777.html

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

No one thinks Sinn Fein are the answer they are finished they had their chance and deliberately dropped the ball as they dont want to be in government they just want to make noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭creeper1

Tuam in county Galway is next to receive IPAs.

It's been confirmed.

Same pattern. Put in Ukrainians at the start. Move Ukrainians on.

Stick in IPAs.

https://www.tuamherald.ie/2024/08/15/tuam-hotel-to-home-100-asylum-seekers/

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Zico !

Whats the story with people from India ,Brazil and Pakistan have they a free way pass to come in no bother ?so many around now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 euzyqua

Gaslighting is a colloquialism, defined as manipulating someone into questioning their own perception of reality.

The gaslighting on display in this country is simply staggering. Healthcare myths are the same as the myth about so many migrants will build all the housing. Its a proven dud.

The volume of money attached to illegal immigration is why it remains untouched, it is an entire industry at this point.

Whether legal or not, migration numbers growing into the millions, amongst the worst housing crisis ever, less gardai than ever, less prison space than ever, crap contracts for healthcare staff while importing cheaper people to suppress livable working conditions, the whole stinking lot of it.

It's nothing but gaslighting an entire country into accepting shite conditions that could only ever profit a few while damning the majority.

Even the die hards must be having second thoughts of the story they were sold by now.

If "growing" the population were anything like the promises, then why, a decade later, are so many important elements of society worse than ever? It was and is nothing but gaslighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Exactly. Healthcare in Ireland didn't start when mass immigration arrived. They say our healthcare will collapse without immigrants. What they mean is "we've run these jobs into the ground and so forced out many Irish qualified to other countries thus leaving us dependent on immigrants".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Ireland is now an open borders country. The high court has ruled that anyone who arrives here claiming asylum has to be housed . Their claim for asylum will obviously take years and will eventually up in them being granted citizenship. Almost zero chance of being deported. That’s the reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

@Thorny Queen thank you for posting that. I couldn’t agree more and that narrative is an insult to many Irish medical professionals. More people need to counter this narrative when it comes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,063 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was in hospital for a while without the use of my hands, the guys that deliver my breakfast did not speak English and would drop the tray in front of me and leave, then due to carers being overstretched nobody would Come to feed me, then yer man would call back and take my tray without even asking why it wasn't touched 😀😀

I do love African and Indian nurses though, lovely people.

Advertisement